Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Jenifred is offline I can feel it coming in the air tonight......
    Quote Originally Posted by curious1

HA! I almost spit water all over my monitor!
    I have to thank golfmom for the perfect set up. That's the first thing that came to my mind when I read her post. I am still getting a chuckle out of it now.

Okay, back to the discussion. I was just thinking about the two separate placed to donate money to. Does anyone know if there was a disagreement on where money should go to between the families (Raven's and Janet's)?

From what's been demonstrated here, we know that Raven and Janet were in dire financial straits. Too many payouts, not enough paychecks. And it seems a little opportunistic to have a memorial fund that could be used to pay for his bad financial decisions--making money off of his wife's death.

How many months behind in payments do you have to be before items are repossessed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenifred
    How many months behind in payments do you have to be before items are repossessed?
    I think it would depend on who is granting the credit, but from his VX posts, I would think it was getting close on his vehicle.

Okay, back to the discussion. I was just thinking about the two separate placed to donate money to. Does anyone know if there was a disagreement on where money should go to between the families (Raven's and Janet's)?

From what's been demonstrated here, we know that Raven and Janet were in dire financial straits. Too many payouts, not enough paychecks. And it seems a little opportunistic to have a memorial fund that could be used to pay for his bad financial decisions--making money off of his wife's death.

You know, this is a very good point. I am fairly certain that I read on one of the VX board posts that GM dug up, that Raven even said he was several months behind on the VX paymens (or am I remembering this incorrectly???). And I have no knowledge of how repossession works, but I can't imagine a bank, finance company, or whomever, letting you go MONTHS without paying.

Maybe someone has some idea about this???

I mean, remember, to out knowledge, we were dealing with the following vehicles, at or close to the time of the murder:

the infamous VX
    a Dodge Durango (that the warrant referenced)
    Janet's Acura
    and maybe even still the Ducati motorcycle (no indication if and when he sold it)

THAT'S a LOT of payments it seems to me, unless some of they were already paid for I suppose....

Quote Originally Posted by SouthEastSleuth
    You know, this is a very good point. I am fairly certain that I read on one of the VX board posts that GM dug up, that Raven even said he was several months behind on the VX paymens (or am I remembering this incorrectly???). And I have no knowledge of how repossession works, but I can't imagine a bank, finance company, or whomever, letting you go MONTHS without paying.

Maybe someone has some idea about this???
    I just asked a couple of people who used to sell cars. The consensus is that it depends on who is financing it, but 2 or 3 months is probably the most they'd let you go.

Matrix Capital - search warrant item

I'm also curious about something else that was discussed really early on: the check that was taken from the house, per the warrant, that was simply referenced with an amount ($1200ish) and the name Matrix Capital.

I remember NCBanker saying that this company was some sort of regional bank. I've looked a little and it seems this bank's primary presence is in Denver. (Matrix Captial Bank is a subsidiary of Matrix Bancorp, a public company).

Did we ever find out anything about this check? Was it FROM the Abaroa's TO the bank, or, vice versa?

And why in the world would they be dealing with a bank based in Colorado, that has very little if any national presence (or in NC, Virginia, or Utah anyway).

There is also another Matrix Capital, that IS based in Virginia, but this one is more of an investment bank with personal dealings limited to a branch that deals with high worth individuals, etc.

I don't know, but $1200ish is no small amount of money, and especially not for folks in seemingly dire financial straights - a lot, whether it was coming in, or, going out!

Quote Originally Posted by newkid
    I just asked a couple of people who used to sell cars. The consensus is that it depends on who is financing it, but 2 or 3 months is probably the most they'd let you go.
    I remember him posting that he was behind on his payments, but I also remember that he was supposed to have paid the vehicle off in '04. Remember he bought it NEW paying top dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    I remember him posting that he was behind on his payments, but I also remember that he was supposed to have paid the vehicle off in '04. Remember he bought it NEW paying top dollar.
    Wait, I don't remember that.... do you have a reference to that? I was just searching on here and I can't find it anywhere....

And if that's true, didn't he pay it off pretty quickly??? Seems odd to me actually.....

Quote Originally Posted by SouthEastSleuth
    Wait, I don't remember that.... do you have a reference to that? I was just searching on here and I can't find it anywhere....

And if that's true, didn't he pay it off pretty quickly??? Seems odd to me actually.....
    I'm searching, but not finding it. I'll keep looking!

I've lost my magical google powers!

No searching for me today ....

Up until 1998, he lived in Utah, I believe. And he bought the 1999 VX new, so maybe that check to Matrix is to pay off the car loan or to make up whatever payments he recently missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesstexas
    Up until 1998, he lived in Utah, I believe. And he bought the 1999 VX new, so maybe that check to Matrix is to pay off the car loan or to make up whatever payments he recently missed?
    I was under the impression that he bought it while he was in Virginia. I'll look to see if I can find a reference to it.

I was under the impression that he bought it while he was in Virginia. I'll look to see if I can find a reference to it.
    YES, I think I remember that as well.... something about driving by the dealership and seeing it, blah blah blah. I KNOW he bought the Ducati in Virginia, but now that you mention it I think I remember a reference to a Virginia purchase for the VX as well....

I mean maybe he did have some link to Matrix Capital (Denver) from the Utah days or something.

I still would like to know more about that darn check though! As I said, for anyone in those sorts of financial circumstances, especially, that's a lot of money. To be sending out, or to be receiving, for something...

I've been driving my VX since 2000. I first saw it at an Iron Man event back in 96-97? I was in high school then and that car became my dream car. I sat in it and thought it was the coolest thing ever. In 1999 I was driving by the usual Isuzu dealership when I spotted the VX in their showroom. I traded in my 1997 Blazer ZR2 SUV which had 33's, all chromed out and cherry red. At the time it was the hottest little SUV around. My wife was furious, but shortly fell in love with the VX. She still thinks of the VX as a horrible investment because of how much it has depreciated in value. I was a little disappointed too, but after thinking about it, VALUE IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER.

There's another post somewhere that references how he never dreamed he'd be the owner of a $32K vehicle so soon. I think it was on one of his websites.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    In 1999 I was driving by the usual Isuzu dealership when I spotted the VX in their showroom. I traded in my 1997 Blazer ZR2 SUV which had 33's, all chromed out and cherry red. At the time it was the hottest little SUV around. My wife was furious, but shortly fell in love with the VX. She still thinks of the VX as a horrible investment because of how much it has depreciated in value. I was a little disappointed too, but after thinking about it, VALUE IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER.
    He was in Virginia in 99. And he was married already. Then the purchase had to have been made between August 99 and Dec 99. Unless, this post was a flashback and he was referring to his fiancee at the time as his wife. (You know he is pretty poetic.)

Thanks for saving me the trouble, gm!

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast