Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussions #4

...soooo, why didn't LE say that...

...this crime occurred during the course of a home invasion/robbery, then?

I don't know...there's alot they haven't said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    They might have had more than just cheep furniture and baby clothes.... They had a lap-top computer. It's been said that the area in Durham that they lived in, has a high crime/murder/drug rate. Maybe someone was needing some drug money. Possibly...someone wanted to grab something small, quick easy to grab. Sell it or trade it for drugs. Maybe someone who is desperate for drugs would do anything to get them.
    I don't know what happened. But there are plenty of possibility's
    Uhhhh, if any of those possibilities happened, then this would be a random murder.....

You are correct that Raven is innocent until proven guilty, but let's at least try and come up with some real possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by cappuccina
    ...he indicated that he and some other posters have all gotten the same (reliable) PM indicating such, I believe...
    My only concern with this information is that all of the reliable PMs received their information from Raven's friends or relatives who received it from Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by ewwwinteresting
    Uhhhh, if any of those possibilities happened, then this would be a random murder.....

You are correct that Raven is innocent until proven guilty, but let's at least try and come up with some real possibilities!
    Which one is not possible?

Which one is not possible?
    Which one is and have it not be a random murder?

Random:lacking a definite plan, purpose, or pattern. If LE stated this was NOT
    a random crime, then the person who did this had the definite purpose of killing Janet Abaroa (not stealing for drugs or whatever)....unless, of course, you know something LE doesn't???

Quote Originally Posted by NCBanker
    I'm the one that stated this a week or two ago. The fact at that time was that LE had no physical evidence pointing toward Raven. As for the source, I don't need confirmation. It's solid.

I know we all hate that, because the circumstantial evidence screams Raven's name. Additionally, that status from a few weeks ago could have changed, and he may now be of interest. But at the time that I stated that, he was NOT a serious POI, because there was nothing physical to implicate him.
    NCBanker, I didn't mean to doubt your source, I just pointed out that we have not confirmed the information.

There is a big difference between credible and confirmed. I don't consider information confirmed until I hear it from multiple sources.

A good example is the report we received of violence and poor sportsmanship displayed by Raven. I felt that the original information was credible, but did not move it over to the confirmed pile until we heard from numerous sources that Raven did display poor sportsmanship and had an explosive temper.

Sometimes, even sources that you feel are credible do get stuff wrong. Example being the shoes, after much pms, back and forth, and all from very creditable sources I believe that both Janet and Raven had the silly soccer shoes and those on the porch we're Ravens.

Jenifred is offline I can feel it coming in the air tonight......
    Can I just say how happy I was to see that there was some more news coverage on this? That really made my morning.

Hats off to us, huh? Or really, golfmom!

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    Hoppy, would it change your opinion if you knew that the crime scene post that you are referring to has not been confirmed?
    What I posted before were some theories that I hoped others would respond to. At this point, I can't say I have an opinion. There are so many unknowns.

LE's silence---shoot, *everyone's* silence (except here )--really has me stymied.

A few minutes ago when I was still in bed I was thinking about the 911 call/calls. Doesn't sometimes LE release the 911 calls? Releasing it/them could shed a lot of light on this case. Does someone have to petition under the FIA for them to be released or what?

Hoppy

Quote Originally Posted by lauriej
    ............welcome to WS.....the more the merrier!

......your theories, both 1 and 2 have been discussed.........and could very well be ..........

..MY problem, now that we know there were ONLY 3 stab wounds.....hand ( in defense most likely ) shoulder( while trying to run/escape possibly)
    ...and then the fatal ONE stab to the chest...

...i can't imagine someone ( theory 2 ) going there to kill raven.....but encounters janet.....she asks, "may i help you......come on in...." and they then deliver a single plunge killing her.....( i just don't fathom that..)

...in real life, a stabbing takes GUTS....a 'retribution' killing to me would indicate numerous stabbings.....over and over ...THIS particular killer did it with a single fatal deep jab to the heart...........it's very personal.....
    Yes, I definitely agree about the personal part.

Thanks for the welcome

Hoppy

Quote Originally Posted by Jenifred
    Can I just say how happy I was to see that there was some more news coverage on this? That really made my morning.

Hats off to us, huh? Or really, golfmom!
    Link?

Hoppy

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
    Link?

Hoppy
    Last entry under the media links thread

A few minutes ago when I was still in bed I was thinking about the 911 call/calls. Doesn't sometimes LE release the 911 calls? Releasing it/them could shed a lot of light on this case. Does someone have to petition under the FIA for them to be released or what?

Hoppy
    Sigh ... that and TOD and soccer info would go a long way.

Interesting question........how can 911 calls be made public, or can they?

Interesting question........how can 911 calls be made public, or can they?
    I think it's tough to get the freedom of information act stuff when there is an open and active investigation. LE doesn't normally release this information unless they have too. Sound like they don't in this case.

LE doesn't normally release this information unless they have too. Sound like they don't in this case.
    Actually, it doesn't sound like LE needs to release anything in this case.....so, we should be hearing the name of the person arrested for the murder of Janet Abaroa very shortly??

Actually, it doesn't sound like LE needs to release anything in this case.....so, we should be hearing the name of the person arrested for the murder of Janet Abaroa very shortly??
    That's what I thought 3 weeks ago . . .

Right, and I think I just saw a pig fly by the window......

Well I guess I'll have to make a second trip over there to confirm!

Sometimes, even sources that you feel are credible do get stuff wrong. Example being the shoes, after much pms, back and forth, and all from very creditable sources I believe that both Janet and Raven had the silly soccer shoes and those on the porch we're Ravens.

About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBanker
    In addition to a fellow sleuther's comments earlier about pick-up games, they are also simply a small group of people playing that eventually gets larger and larger as the game progresses due to "picking-up" additional players who have wandered in.

It is highly possible that Raven simply went looking for a pick-up game, noticed a group of people at a school soccer field and jumped in.
    FWIW, we have scheduled pick-up games in my area for a lot of sports. I know that scheduling pick-up games sounds a bit contradictory but what it means is this: every Saturday at 1 P.M., there is a pick-up softball game at the playground. Anyone is welcomed to show up, and they will be allowed to play until the maximum number of players is reached. Sometimes it is the same players week after week. Sometimes it differs from week to week. But it is always on Saturday at 1 P.M., and whomever can show up shows up. In this case, pick-up just means that there is no set roster but there are set games.

So pick-up games can be scheduled or not scheduled; verifiable or not verifiable.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

I believed it was MissYouJanet that posted that Ravenís family supposedly really loved Janet....so where are they? The only posting we have is from Ravenís brother who wrote a poem about Janet playing shuffleboard in the sky with the angels or something like that!
    Two Abaroas were pallbearers for Janet's funeral, correct? I believe that one of them was Derek (or Derrecke), the brother that wrote the song/poem.

Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by misterallgood
    The following comment was posted to my blog on the entry titled The Murder of Janet Abaroa... On the Record. The person signed themselves "SeekingJustice."

I worked with both of the Abaroas. Very closely with Raven moreso than Janet. Raven was very controlling. He had a certain karma about him that just made you feel uneasy around him. He infact DID have a laptop b/c he brought it to work with him all the time...
    I meant to post this before but forgot. Perhaps it's mentioned later in this thread. Someone had also pointed out that Raven had his PDA in his hand at Janet's graduation, (although what in the world would he need it for there?) It seems that Raven traveled with his computer(s) - I don't know this to be fact but it seems that way from what we've learned about him. If so, the computer wouldn't have been at the house to BE stolen that night. Did Janet have jewelry? Was it out in the open? Was it taken? Was it disturbed?

Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by lauriej
    ...MY problem, now that we know there were ONLY 3 stab wounds.....hand ( in defense most likely ) shoulder( while trying to run/escape possibly)
    ...and then the fatal ONE stab to the chest...
    It has not been verified by LE or the media, however, that there were only 3 stab wounds.

Mahatma Gandhi

They might have had more than just cheep furniture and baby clothes.... They had a lap-top computer. It's been said that the area in Durham that they lived in, has a high crime/murder/drug rate. Maybe someone was needing some drug money. Possibly...someone wanted to grab something small, quick easy to grab. Sell it or trade it for drugs. Maybe someone who is desperate for drugs would do anything to get them.
    It was stated that in general Durham was high crime. Not their neighborhood.

We've been told that this is a fairly nice, fairly expensive neighborhood. Why would someone go to the one rental property on the block (that seems to be MUCH less visible than some others), pick the Abaroa's home at random during the hours of the day when people are typically still awake, and steal ONLY a laptop that contains information that seems very damning to Raven? If Raven didn't do this, he sure is lucky that the one item that the burglar decided to steal was that computer. Nevermind the perp had to go upstairs to get it when he could have just grabbed a tv or a stereo or a purse, etc., from the first floor of the house. Quite a daring robbery for that time of the evening, IMO.

Mahatma Gandhi

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast