1287 users online (233 members and 1054 guests)  

Websleuths News

Danielle Larue, 2002 Vancouver

http://www.missingpeople.net/daniell...had_chance.htm

"She was physically and sexually abused. She was abused in every way a child could be," says her sister Kim.

By the time Danielle reached her teens, only heroin eased the pain and selling sex on the street was the only way to pay for it.

On May 12, 2003, Vancouver police issued an alert that the 25-year-old had been missing from the Downtown Eastside since the previous December. Not a single newspaper in Metro Vancouver reported it.

It wasn't until a year ago that Global TV's John Daly revealed that police had received an unsigned note, presumably from Danielle's killer, in early December 2002. When nothing was reported in the newspaper, the killer sent a second chilling note to police.

"This is about Vancouver prostitute who disappear at the end of November 2002. Don't remember name she gave me, had no ID. Sounded like she had just recently come to Vancouver. Caucasian, long black, curly hair, jeans, black leather jacket, tattoos and jewelry. She is dead . . . .

"I send this info so you can notify her family. If you can, please make mention of her name in Vancouver Sun. I would like to know who she was . . . .

"To her family. I am sorry more than you can imagine. I did not intend this but am still responsible. She will not be unmourned. Have brought flowers to her grave once already, plan to do so every years as am able. Not ideal, but better than no visits at all. I know you can't forgive me but please believe I tried my very hardest to bring her back."

The police file remains open. Danielle's body has never been found and nor has her killer".

http://www.vpdcoldcases.ca/danielle-larue/

"Danielle LARUE

It was New Year’s Eve 2002 when an anonymous letter was opened by staff working at the Vancouver Police Department’s Public Service Counter. The letter referred to a Vancouver sex trade worker who had disappeared at the end of November, one month previous.

The writer described the woman, admitted to killing her, and even apologized to her family for taking her life. He said he was surprised there had been nothing in the news about her disappearance and asked for the victim’s name to be mentioned in the Vancouver Sun, so he would know who she was.

Investigators believe the letter writer was referring to Danielle Marissa Larue, and while her body has never been found, they believe she has been murdered.

Her 24 years had not been easy, with physical and sexual abuse beginning in her childhood. She entered foster care at an early age and ran away to the streets in Prince George when she turned 13, turning to drugs to ease her pain. She was always fiercely protective of her younger brother and sister, but Danielle became addicted to drugs and ended up working in the sex trade to support her habit. She had been living in the Downtown Eastside for longer than five years.

It’s been more than a decade since Danielle went missing and police received the letter. The person who wrote the letter knows what happened to Danielle and where her body is buried, and seemed to be remorseful. Perhaps a tortured conscience will finally bring answers, justice and closure for Danielle’s family."

The letter is quite fascinating. I wish we could see the whole thing. I get the impression that it was an accident of some kind...perhaps an overdose or a sex game gone wrong? I also find it very interesting that the author of the letter states he/she was planning on bringing flowers to her grave every year...I'd say, random flowers showing up somewhere equally random in November, would (unfortunately) be the strongest lead here. Perhaps a question worth asking the public?

Such a sad end to a sad life. This poor girl never had a chance. The interview with her sister is SO sad.

Maybe the letter writer might see recent news about Vancouver cold cases, or even this thread, and let someone know where Danielle can be found.
    If he/she does that, Danielle can be returned to her family and they will bring flowers to her grave every year....imo.

The syntax is very odd. Inconsistent use of pronouns. Lots of depersonalization of the author yet an oddly intimate, sensitive description of the victim.

Interesting that the perp would write a letter to the police and question why nothing had been said in the media. A missing hooker isn't typically considered newsworthy.
    Unverified Mental Health Professional

Letter writers in my experience are 1 of 2 things 1) attention seeker, or 2) fraud

Updated June 11 2014..

"Danielle LARUE

It was New Year’s Eve 2002 when an anonymous letter was opened by staff working at the Vancouver Police Department’s Public Service Counter. The letter referred to a Vancouver sex trade worker who had disappeared at the end of November, one month previous.

The writer described the woman, admitted to killing her, and even apologized to her family for taking her life. He said he was surprised there had been nothing in the news about her disappearance and asked for the victim’s name to be mentioned in the Vancouver Sun, so he would know who she was.

Investigators believe the letter writer was referring to Danielle Marissa Larue, and while her body has never been found, they believe she has been murdered.

Her 24 years had not been easy, with physical and sexual abuse beginning in her childhood. She entered foster care at an early age and ran away to the streets in Prince George when she turned 13, turning to drugs to ease her pain. She was always fiercely protective of her younger brother and sister, but Danielle became addicted to drugs and ended up working in the sex trade to support her habit. She had been living in the Downtown Eastside for longer than five years.

It’s been more than a decade since Danielle went missing and police received the letter. The person who wrote the letter knows what happened to Danielle and where her body is buried, and seemed to be remorseful. Perhaps a tortured conscience will finally bring answers, justice and closure for Danielle’s family.

This is an ongoing file. Please check back regularly for updates."

In September, this case was updated again.
    It seems that LE is taking the letter that they received, as a valid tip. imo.

"It was New Year’s Eve 2002 when an anonymous letter was opened by staff working at the Vancouver Police Department’s Public Service Counter. The letter referred to a Vancouver sex trade worker who had disappeared at the end of November, one month previous.

The writer described the woman, admitted to killing her, and even apologized to her family for taking her life. He said he was surprised there had been nothing in the news about her disappearance and asked for the victim’s name to be mentioned in the Vancouver Sun, so he would know who she was."

<<<snip>>>
    rbbm.

"The person who wrote the letter knows what happened to Danielle and where her body is buried, and seemed to be remorseful."

Bumping for Danielle .
    If the letter writer is in fact legitimate and sincere , hope they prove it and tell the family where Danielle can be located. imo.
    Last edited by dotr; 05-27-2015 at 10:45 PM.

bumping for Danielle...............
    Just My Opinion

Bumping for Danielle!

From 2014, includes video and audio option.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1535797/bc...anielle-larue/

"The letter said, To her family I am more sorry for this than you can imagine. I did not intend this but am still responsible. Wish I could take it back but I can’t.

The letter also said flowers were put on her grave but for Larue’s sister this doesn’t bring closure, it means more questions.

“Not having any answers, that’s the worst because I have nightmares. Did she go through a lot of pain? Was it very scary for her?”

If you can help solve this case please call police or if you wish to remain anonymous, visit bccrimestopper.com."