FL FL - Joyce Murphy, 64, Cape Coral, 29 April 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Joyce Murphy
joycemurphymissingL.jpg

Cape Coral police seek missing woman -

Cape Coral police are asking for the public's assistance in locating a missing and endangered person. Joyce Murphy, 64, was reported missing Tuesday night by her husband. He told police she was last seen around 6 p.m. Sunday at her home on SE 18th Avenue. The last phone contact with her was made Monday afternoon. Police say the investigation has revealed Joyce Murphy was picked up by a taxi at 4 p.m. Monday and taken to the parking lot of Dairy Queen on Stringfellow Road in St. James City. She has not been seen or heard from since.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...cape-coral-police-seek-missing-woman/8572543/

http://goo.gl/maps/LrgTv

That's a pretty long taxi cab ride.

Wow, it sure is. No indication she works at Dairy Queen (her entire day's wages would have gone for cab fare), so she must have been meeting someone in the parking lot, maybe?

A lot of information left out of that article. Her husband last saw her at "her" house at 6 p.m. Sunday. Last contact was by telephone Monday afternoon (is this with the cab company? She must have had contact with the cab driver in person I would think). Husband reported her missing Tuesday. Doesn't say whether she lives with her husband -- perhaps he left Sunday for a business trip or something. So . . . . a lot of gaps.

That looks like about 15 miles to me - not really a long cab ride.

I don't see the cause for concern here. The ex last saw her on Sunday the 27th, and she was last seen by a disinterested party - the cabbie - on the 28th where he dropped her off in a parking lot of a dairy queen.

It seems very very hopeful she's gone off on an adventure of some kind and will turn up fine.

I wonder if there is surveillance video from nearby businesses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back