Found Deceased CO - Gerry 'Hoop' Reed, 57, Nucla, March 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
mrsobrien, this one's for you because I know how much you love cases that give no circumstances around disappearances. ;)

Nucla man missing -

Authorities are searching for Gerry Dwight "Hoop" Reed, who hasn't been heard from since early March. The Nucla man was reported missing on April 26. Reed, now 57, is a white man, about 5-feet-9, weighing about 160 pounds. He has brown eyes, brown hair and a full beard.

http://www.montrosepress.com/breaki...cle_e73b44fe-d17e-11e3-ae2a-001a4bcf887a.html

Hahaha, thanks, lol!

Seriously though, no picture?! Just "last seen early March", no ballpark date? Who reported him missing? Come ooooon! *head desk*

Hello! I have come to you with information regarding, Gerry Reed, and the quite tiny town we live in. Approximately 500 people live in this town, and we only have a handful of open business. It's quiet, so when something happens, people talk... But for some reason, the people who usually know everythng, have very little to say about Gerry. Anways, this is how I came to know Gerry Reed,

One of my aunt's went to school with Gerry, We called him "Spooks Hoop", because he would walk by my moms house at least 3 times a day, and my moms little dog would always run out and try to attack him. He was rather tall, very skinny and lanky, grungy, and dirty, mostly grey hair, with a grey beard. I am not sure why the article's said he had brown hair, all the articles are so vague about him. He was a very rough looking man. He lived in old old tiny shack, with a trailer attached to it. I can't describe it very well, I can acquire a picture in the future, but it was just a shack with an old old camping trailer attached, and a very large metal shed, probably an old garage shop, it was very trashed and he had two young dogs he kept outside. I remember remarking about this wall of tires he had built down the middle of his property. Obviously he had no car, or means of travel. A very worn man, and he wore big old aviator like glasses, usually a orangish-tanish. And he always wore flannels.

I happened to live about 4 blocks from him at the time of his disappearance, and I only had one personal encounter with "Spooks Hoop" in probably 2010 , My sister was only 13 at the time and I was 19, she had dropped her wallet outside of the store, and a day later my brother and I were walking up the street and he hands me her wallet back, with everything, even her money still inside.

Before that, we'd always thought of him as creepy, and rather grungy, but we kind of realized this stranger wasn't a bad person. After that, he always smiled and nodded at us. He didn't have very good teeth, as he was known for doing meth. That's why we didn't really care for him before, and probably why people have been so quiet about him missing. I walked to my moms everyday in 2014, So I noticed he was missing because he walked by so often, I asked my mom if she had seen him, and she said no, we didn't think anything of it until the news reports came that he was missing, we discussed how it took so long for people to start talking, we live in a very small town, and news travels extremely fast... after the authorities started an "investigation" I heard different people say he was either camping, or took of to Wyoming or something.

Not very long after I noticed people were taking things from his property, even things off his porch went missing, and you could clearly see where the items had been drug away, and his wall of tires had been knocked down. Not, mostly valuable items, and his shed has been broken into, windows including. I'm assuming his home has been too, but I couldn't tell it's such a rundown place. No further inquiries were done into his disappearances.

This isn't even the first strange Unsolved disappearance, which is probably why im so interested. Dale Williams was a cold case that happened in 1999, They even did an Unsolved Mysteries case on him. But nobody is talking about Gerry Reed, he's just gone. No sign of his two dogs either. And the fact he had no job, or vehicle is odd. Where could of he gone on foot? and how would he leave town with no money? No news reports aside from the basics. But this was a man who was out regularly, he was still using meth we suspect, so he had to of known people. That's it, nobody has said anything, and I have been told to mind my own business around here before, so I haven't dared to start asking questions.

It's weird that people are not talking, which doesn't happen in a small town, and this is one of 3 unsolved disappearances in this town. Hope this could spark some interest, as it has now been over a year. Hope this helps clear some things up!!

He has been found...Rest in peace Hoop.
And the Mystery deepens... in the location the article states he was found, Sawmill Basin, which is in between Nucla, and Delta, following the 25 rd, he could not of gotten to on foot from Nucla, no way that is possible for anyone. However, if he came in from the direction of Delta, it would have been a possibility. But someone would have seen him! or at least given him a ride.... How did he come to be there? and alone? and did he have camping gear? Was he hunting? ... Is anyone as confused as I am as to how this mans dead body was found in this condition, and the location.... Little odd he seems to have gone missing in March...and found... in March... Could be an eerie coincidence... but odd none the less. Especially if you knew his place of residence had been ransacked almost immediately after he disappeared.

This article is rather vague and leaves more questions than answers....

http://www.gjsentinel.com/breaking/...ed-as-missing-nucla-man#.WMbW1Gy_BKc.facebook

mrsobrien, this one's for you because I know how much you love cases that give no circumstances around disappearances. ;)

Nucla man missing -

http://www.montrosepress.com/breaki...cle_e73b44fe-d17e-11e3-ae2a-001a4bcf887a.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back