NY NY - Kacie Aleece Peterson, 22, poss amnesia, New York, Nov 2013

ClaireNC

Reaction score
According to NamUs, Kacie Peterson was last seen in November 2013. She may be suffering from amnesia. She is missing from her neighborhood or the vicinity of John Jay College of Criminal Justice New York. She may have left the city for the southeast to southwestern US.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24370/18

She is 22 years old, 5'8" tall, weighs about 150 lbs. Medium length sandy hair and blue eyes. Dressed to not stand out and may wear glasses.

Investigating agency: Stevens County Sheriff's Department, Colville, WA 1-509-684-5296. She was reported missing in January 2014 and entered into NamUS on 4/27/14.

In 2009, Kacie turned up in New York with no memory of her name, her family or where she was from. She was identified as Kacie Peterson from Hansville, Washington. She was 18 at the time. Here is a thread about her: Identified! NY-Missing girl in NYC doesn't know who she is - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Here is a CNN story from when she was identified in 2009: http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/26/teen.jane.doe/index.html?eref=rss_us

EP-308059947.jpg&MaxW=550.jpg

I don't think so,they look nothing alike. But the pic up there that you have kinda looks like her. This one was aslo on that same page you have the link on.

In this picture they do look very similar, and this is a more recent picture. The red hair in the picture above looks dyed and permed.

AR-308059947.jpg&MaxH=250&MaxW=300

Though I agree it is unlikely with the age, height and eye color off. On the other hand, reported height is often off and her eyes could be hazel so they look green at times or blue at times.

Oh gosh, I'm worried about this girl. So I guess she just stayed in NY after the first time she wound up there? Did the article mean that she was attending classes at the John Jay College, or did they mean that she lived in that neighborhood? Because they say she might have been last seen either near the school or her neighborhood -- but they didn't mention the neighborhood, so it was either a lack of info or a poorly constructed sentence. Or both. :crazy:

Does anybody have anymore information on this? I have been googling like crazy but can't come up with anything. I got curious again after seeing her sister on FB.
I went to school with Kacey and I'm friends with her sister on FB but can't work up the nerve to ask her about kacey. It's upsetting because Kayce's sister is always posting about how happy her life is, pictures of her brother, cousin, family vacations and other events but she does not have a single post about her Kacey, nor does their brother.

One is not born with amnesia, right? What is her medical diagnosis? What an odd case. It sounds like either she doesn't want to be found or she has an actual medical condition and she doesn't know who she is. I'm skeptical of the 2nd scenario but fact is stranger than fiction....

Now in Charley Project: Kacie Aleece Peterson – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Peterson was last seen on Baruch Drive in the New York City borough of Manhattan on September 21, 2013. She was attending the John Jay College of Criminal Justice at the time of her disappearance.

Peterson is originally from Colville, Washington. She has gone missing before; on October 1, 2009, at the age of eighteen, she withdrew $400 from her bank account and vanished from her home in Washington before resurfacing in New York City later that month. She wasn't identified for two weeks, as she had left all her identification and belongings behind and was suffering from memory lost and had left all her other belongings behind.

Peterson's father stated she had had memory lapses before her 2009 disappearance and that their relationship was "difficult", although he said she had no history of mental illness or drug abuse.

After her 2013 disappearance, however, Peterson was never heard from again. She has a New York driver's license and may be in the southern United States. Her case remains unsolved.

Does anybody have anymore information on this? I have been googling like crazy but can't come up with anything. I got curious again after seeing her sister on FB.
I went to school with Kacey and I'm friends with her sister on FB but can't work up the nerve to ask her about kacey. It's upsetting because Kayce's sister is always posting about how happy her life is, pictures of her brother, cousin, family vacations and other events but she does not have a single post about her Kacey, nor does their brother.

oh that is sad. I read an article that mentioned her mother died when she was 7 I believe. Does this brother and sister have the same mother that passed away?

This is an article I found from the time she went missing in 2009. It gives a little more info.

New York (CNN) -- The teen who mysteriously turned up in New York with apparent amnesia emptied her bank account and left behind "everything" before she left her home in Washington, police told CNN.

The woman, now identified as Kacie Aleece Peterson, 18, of Hansville, Washington, withdrew about $400 from her Bank of America account, said Scott Wilson, spokesman for the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office in Washington.

But Peterson "left everything," including her wallet, identification, cell phone, clothes and even her bike, which was secured outside a Wal-Mart, Wilson said.

Police still do not know how Peterson traveled cross-country to New York City.

The woman mysteriously turned up in Manhattan two weeks ago, claiming to have no memory of her family, her home -- or even her own name.

There's no indication that she's feigning her memory loss, said Paul Browne, deputy commissioner of the New York Police Department.

At the same time, because Peterson is an adult, authorities have not ruled out the theory that she left home to re-establish herself elsewhere, Wilson said.

The teen's father, Henry Peterson of Colville, Washington, told Kitsap County authorities his daughter had occasional memory lapses, Wilson said.

In May, Kacie Peterson was found lying on the ground next to a creek at the family farm, Wilson said. She had blacked out and did not remember who she was, he said. Kacie Peterson was briefly hospitalized after the incident, he said.

Her father also told investigators that in another incident his daughter was found unconscious on her bedroom floor, Wilson said.

Henry Peterson reported his daughter missing on October 2, Wilson said, after the family friend she lived with told him that the last time she saw Kacie Peterson was September 30. Kacie Peterson moved in June from eastern Washington with her father to western Washington to live with a friend of her mother, who died when she was 7, Wilson said. Henry Peterson told police he agreed to the transition, Wilson said.

The teen's father described their relationship as "difficult" and "that he had put too much pressure on his daughter to do well and get good grades," Wilson said.

Kacie Peterson, a high school senior, started anew at Kingston High School in Kingston, Washington, but only attended for three weeks, said Chris Case, director of community relations for North Kitsap school district. Enrolled in the Running Start program there, Kacie Peterson had two advanced placement classes at the school and also classes at Olympic College in Poulsbo, about 10 miles away, Case said.

Kingston high school officials said Kacie Peterson was quiet, shy and that "she had no friends," Wilson said.

The last time she showed up for class was on September 29, Case said.

The next time some employees of the school saw the student she was sporting a new look.

"The school here is telling me she had long hair past her shoulders," Case said. In the photo New York police showed of the teen during their investigation to identify her, Kacie Peterson had hair that looked only about a couple of inches long on top and tapered low on the sides.

Police asked for help identifying the teen after she was found in midtown Manhattan around 12:30 a.m. on October 9 outside the Covenant House youth shelter. The organization had said she was not a resident at the time and did not appear as if she intended to seek refuge at the facility.

A security guard for the shelter noticed her walking around on the sidewalk near Covenant House and approached her. Finding her unresponsive, he called police.

Officers interviewed her, but it became clear that she couldn't provide authorities with any information about herself.

A photo of the then-unidentified woman aired on CNN, and a viewer in Maryland who was familiar with Kacie Peterson alerted authorities. Police established a positive identification.

Police say they do not know how she lost her memory.

She is still in New York and receiving care from the city agency, Browne said.

CNN's Susan Candiotti, Khadijah Rentas, Erica Hill and Melanie Whitley contributed to this report.

Police: 'Jane Doe' emptied bank account before surfacing in NYC - CNN.com

acie Aleece Peterson Went Missing In New York New York in September 2013
NAT_24370_1.jpg

Actual photo
Public viewable
Kacie Peterson age 21
NAT_24370_2.jpg

Actual photo
Public viewable
Kacie W/glasses

Missing
Last seen alive: September 21, 2013

Circumstances: Kacie went missing plus or minus November 2013 from her neighborhood or vicinity of John Jay College of Criminal Justice New York. She may be suffering from amnesia.
She may have left the city for the southeast to southwestern US if she was suffering from amnesia.
Kacie has an active New York State Drivers License

First Name: Kacie Aleece
Middle Name: Aleece
Last Name: Peterson
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 22
Race: White
Ethnicity: Other
Sex: Female
Height: 70.0
Weight: 145.0 to
State: New York
Zip: 10002
County: New York
Appearance
Hair: Sandy
Head Hair: medium
Eye: Blue
Clothing and Accessories
Clothing: Normal clothing worn pants and shirts to NOT stand out
Eyewear: My wear Corrective Glasses
Transportation
None

• Kacie Aleece Peterson – The Charley Project
    • ''Date of Birth 07/17/1991 (30)
    • Age 22 years old
    • Height and Weight 5'9 - 5'10, 145 - 155 pounds
    • Medical Conditions Peterson suffers from amnesia. She is classified as a vulnerable adult and may be in need of medical attention.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Peterson may use the alias name Kitai Ryu. She may wear eyeglasses or contact lenses.''

• peterson_kacie2.jpg
  • peterson_kacie3.jpg
  • peterson_kacie4.jpg
  • peterson_kacie5.jpg
  • peterson_kacie6.jpg

Kacie apparently sometimes goes by a Japanese (?) name, Kitai Ryu..
Wondering now if Kacie might have dyed her hair black to present herself as Asian and/or kept hair very short and presented as a male ''dragon''?
complete speculation, imo.

-Kitai' is a Japanese word that means expectation, anticipation, or hope.Mar 9, 2019
Understanding What the Japanese Word 'Kitai' Means
https://www.thoughtco.com › kitai-meaning-and-character

Ryū (龍, 竜, 隆, りゅう, リュウ, Ryū) is a Japanese masculine given name and family name meaning "dragon".
Ryu - Wikipedia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back