GUILTY CA - Sarah Douglas, 26, murdered in her Elk Grove home, 1 May 2014

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
Cal Fire chief sought in connection with death of fiancé

The death of a young woman found inside a Sacramento County residence Thursday morning is being investigated as a homicide.

Sarah Douglas, 26, was found in a home on the 9300 block of Fox River Way, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department.

Sheriff's investigators said the man who also lives at the home, 55-year-old Orville Fleming is the suspect. He was described as white, 6 feet 1 inches tall and weighing approximately 190 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes.

"Evidence at the scene confirms that he is the suspect and there is a warrant out for his arrest," Homicide Inspector Sgt. Jim Brooks said.

http://www.news10.net/story/news/cr...tion-with-sacramento-county-homicide/8583489/

The white pickup truck belonging to a Cal Fire battalion chief suspected of killing his 26-year-old fiancee has been found in Elk Grove.

But 55-year-old Orville Fleming remains at large, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department on Thursday night.

The vehicle is a 2007 Chevy with a Cal Fire logo painted on its side. Officers with the Elk Grove Police Department found the unoccupied truck about 8 p.m. at Black Kite Drive and Apricot Woods Way.

Neither an air nor a ground search has revealed any sightings of Fleming.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/detectives-search-for-suspect-in-south-sac-homicide/25764856#ixzz30fWz4POx

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A dramatic twist in a murder investigation as the family of the prime suspect, a Cal Fire battalion chief, delivers strong accusations of prostitution and unpaid debts.

A statewide manhunt for Orville "Moe" Fleming is still underway. The 55-year-old is the only suspect in the stabbing death of 26-year-old Sacramento woman, Sarah Douglas.

Local law enforcement also continues to be on the lookout for Chief Fleming. Action News obtained Facebook messages from a family member of Fleming. The unidentified family member tells us the victim, Douglas, admitted she was a prostitute. And she says Chief Fleming owed her $2,000 and threatened the family unless she got paid.

Douglas' family say she was engaged to the 55-year-old battalion chief. But Fleming's family member in Clovis tells Action News Douglas claimed in Facebook messages to be a prostitute. The messages also show Douglas claiming Fleming agreed to pay her $2,000 per month.

"She's been messaging me, saying all these weird things that I never even replied to," said the anonymous family member. "I don't know why she's messaging me over and over again."

This man saved my husbands life. My heart is broken, to say the least. Im really mad at our local news coverage. No mention of what this young lady did for a living. Unless its on the news I cant say. I fear that he may have been murdered as well. Im so very sad and hope the whole story is told.

From above link....

Also, a check on Fleming's background revealed no criminal record. He is in the middle of a divorce, though. Papers were filed last October in Fresno County. Fleming could owe nearly $1,600 a month in spousal support if the divorce is finalized.

What was he paying her $2000 a month for? Her company?
Was she actually engaged to him or was the whole relationship a lie?

Why is it that these murders are never straight forward? There are always so many unexpected twists and turns. JMOO

Holy Toledo! What a mess! It is going to be interesting to follow how this all turns out.

From above link....

Also, a check on Fleming's background revealed no criminal record. He is in the middle of a divorce, though. Papers were filed last October in Fresno County. Fleming could owe nearly $1,600 a month in spousal support if the divorce is finalized.

The link is not showing up for me.....

http://www.kfbk.com/articles/kfbk-news-461777/manhunt-continues-for-cal-fire-battalion-12315113/

This article indicates that his wound may have happened while he was stabbing her.

When I see a fireman accused of a crime I always want to refuse to believe it. I mean these guys put their lives on the line, they save people daily. I always want to think they couldn't be capable of taking a life.

But they are real people under that fire suit, with the same blessings and vices as anyone else.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/05/02/6373123/woman-killed-in-south-sacramento.html
His blood was thought to also be at the scene
They are saying he may be wounded, armed and at risk for suicide

Yet another young woman falls victim to domestic violence. What a shame.

Nguyen said he saw Fleming hit Douglas one day last month when the couple were in front of their house.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/05/02/6373123/woman-killed-in-south-sacramento.html#storylink=cpy

I'm a little confused. From everything I've read, they are saying he definitely did it. So why do I see so many people talking about her and/or any job she may have been doing? I mean, I get that he's a fire fighter, but he's human and some of this whole "tell who she is and what she did" is pretty offensive.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm a little confused. From everything I've read, they are saying he definitely did it. So why do I see so many people talking about her and/or any job she may have been doing? I mean, I get that he's a fire fighter, but he's human and some of this whole "tell who she is and what she did" is pretty offensive.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think his family may have put it out there as an attempt at a defense for him. You know the old "she drove him to it" defense. Either that or they are hoping for "self defense" which really doesn't fly because he ran. If it was really self defense, he wouldn't have run.

Then also it is quite a juxtaposition with some things her family is saying so it is attracting more attention.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back