Australia Australia - Shiva Chauhan, 27, Melbourne, Vic, 1 May 2014

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Search for missing deliveryman

Saturday, 03 May 2014 00:29

Police are appealing for public assistance to help locate a missing 27-year-old Melbourne man.

Shiva Chauhan began his delivery route on Thursday night and was last heard from via text message around 11.30pm.

Concerns were raised yesterday morning when it was discovered his deliveries were not made and he had failed to turn up to an arranged meeting yesterday afternoon.

Shiva’s delivery van was located on Hutton Road in Keysborough around 3pm yesterday.

The van was locked and contained Shiva’s personal belongings including his wallet and identification.

A search of the area has been conducted however there have been no sightings.

He is described as Indian, around 177cm tall, slim build and has dark-coloured straight hair.

Police have released a photo of Shiva in the hope that someone may know his whereabouts.

Shiva_Chauhan_2_-_web.jpg

Anyone who sees him is urged to contact Triple Zero (000) immediately.

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/news/3417-search-for-missing-deliveryman.html

Missing Vic man's friends fear foul play

May 03, 2014 10:02PM

FRIENDS of a Melbourne man who went missing while working his delivery route fear he may have met with foul play.

A friend of Mr Chauhan identified only as Andy told the Nine Network he feared he had been "taken".

"We personally do believe there was some sort of foul play involved," Andy said.

"He's always on the phone. There's no way he would have actually switched off his phone for three days now."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...man-goes-missing/story-fnihsfrf-1226904030568

This is so strange..

My first thought was 'he's crossed the wrong people'.

Which would be slightly less awful than 'completely random abduction and probable murder of totally innocent man'. Which does happen, but not as often as that first option.

In any case, for his family's sake I hope they find out what happened and where he is, soon! I can't imagine having a family member vanish inexplicable like that.

This is very close to me. I'm wondering what deliveries he would be making at that time of the night. The area in Hutton road where his van was found is all industrial.
The whole area is usually in darkness at that time of night
Further down towards Dandenong station it is residential.

JMOO

This is very close to me. I'm wondering what deliveries he would be making at that time of the night. The area in Hutton road where his van was found is all industrial.
The whole area is usually in darkness at that time of night
Further down towards Dandenong station it is residential.

JMOO

I wondered what deliveries he was making too. Seems strange that it's not been mentioned in MSM?

The description on this Find Shiva Chauhan page says he works for a bread company. I'm guessing he wasn't targeted for his cargo...

This post by AMPR explains a little about what Shiva was doing:

https://www.facebook.com/austmissingpersons/posts/528465363929998?stream_ref=1

Shiva Chauhan, simply helping a friend out, went to collect bread that needed to be delivered. After loading the van approximately 11:30 p.m. Shiva left to make the delivery.

It was not until his friend was notified that the delivery had not arrived which took everyone by surprise.

The description on this Find Shiva Chauhan page says he works for a bread company. I'm guessing he wasn't targeted for his cargo...

Thanks Goose22!:seeya: Good sleuthing!!

This post by AMPR explains a little about what Shiva was doing:

https://www.facebook.com/austmissingpersons/posts/528465363929998?stream_ref=1

Shiva Chauhan, simply helping a friend out, went to collect bread that needed to be delivered. After loading the van approximately 11:30 p.m. Shiva left to make the delivery.

It was not until his friend was notified that the delivery had not arrived which took everyone by surprise.

Thanks for that info, Sleep.

So, if I've read that correctly, it wasn't his job to deliver the bread. He was helping a friend out by doing the delivery.

I'm wondering if it was the friend who was the intended target?(if foul play is involved.....)

Hutton Road is a very rural area going from Springvale Road through to South Gippsland Highway. It changes it's name to Greens Road just after Perry Road. There are a number of large blocks where various religions have built churches along this road. Nothing much until you get to Hammond Road then it becomes industrial. Wouldn't want to break down there in the night.

Tip Top bakery is on the corner of Greens road and South Gippsland Highway. So it looks like he has picked up the bread an travelled along GreensHutton Road until Chapel Road.

Then what happened for him to disappear leaving his phone behind? This is only minutes away from me by car. I might go look at the terrain. Even though I drive past it quite often you don't really take that much notice. Want to see just how much rural land there is there. Will check back in when I have checked it out.

His van was found in Hutton Rd. I recognised where it was as I take a short cut left at the street just past where it was left. Tip top bakery is further away. He would turn left at the Dandenong by pass and travel past Frankston Dndenong Rd and then onto to the end of the bypass as this is where Tip Top bakeries are.

They say the van was found nar the corner of Hutton Rd and Chapel Rd. This is impossible. Chapel Rd and Hutton Rd go in the same direction.

Coming from Keysborough you have Chapel Rd, Perry Road,Chandler Road and then Hutton Road. There is quite a distance between each road. JMOO

Thank you for the local information, Marge! :seeya:

Family and friends strongly believe there is foul play involved.

The parking lights of the van were left on and the van was locked.

Shiva is a sincere man who has no enemies. He does not party, he does not drink, he does not smoke nor does he do drugs.

https://www.facebook.com/austmissingpersons?filter=1

BBM

If he left the parking lights on, you'd think he did not plan to be out of the van for very long at all.

When I first saw this thread there was a photo of where his van was found. I can't find it here so I must have seen it in the newspaper. But the photo was of an industrial area in Hammond Road and not Hutton Road. Don't know which road is correct. Maybe a newspaper photographer photographed the wrong road. JMOO

i'm gpong to go for a drive and check out the corner of Hutton and Chapel Roads.

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/new...nvestigate-disappearance-of-delivery-man.html

HOMICIDE SQUAD INVESTIGATE DISAPPEARANCE OF DELIVERY MAN

Homicide Squad Missing Person Squad detectives have taken over the investigation into the disappearance of 27-year-old Melbourne man Shiva Chauhan.

Investigators have been told Shiva began his delivery route on Thursday night and was last heard from via text message around 11.30pm.

Concerns were raised on Friday morning when it was discovered his deliveries were not made and he had failed to turn up to an arranged meeting the same afternoon. .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back