Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 266
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,170

    Soccer Game

    If anyone has info on the soccer game Raven supposedly played in on the night Janet was murdered (April 26, 2005), please post here.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,189
    Or ANY soccer related information that they wish to share . . .


  3. #3
    Jenifred is offline I can feel it coming in the air tonight......
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    America's Dairyland, WI
    Posts
    643
    I was told in a pm that this person thought that Raven played with a spanish league. However the only one that was listed on the now defunct ncsoccer page that had a website and pictures turned up with no Raven. On the internet site, it said they had meetings on Wednesday nights. I don't know what they meant by meetings, wether it was a game or an actual meeting. But wasn't Janet killed on a Tuesday?

    I remember a few of the web sites for various leagues in the area has also not been updated for awhile.

    GM--how do you get to a cached version? I was having problems doing that too.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenifred
    I was told in a pm that this person thought that Raven played with a spanish league. However the only one that was listed on the now defunct ncsoccer page that had a website and pictures turned up with no Raven. On the internet site, it said they had meetings on Wednesday nights. I don't know what they meant by meetings, wether it was a game or an actual meeting. But wasn't Janet killed on a Tuesday?

    I remember a few of the web sites for various leagues in the area has also not been updated for awhile.

    GM--how do you get to a cached version? I was having problems doing that too.
    When you do a google search, say of the term *ncsoccer* instead of clicking directly on the link, look down a line or so and you'll see a blue link like this Cached click on that link to see the cached version of the website.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,170
    Hi there... I received a pm from a credible source that Raven played in a pickup game the night Janet was murdered.
    I did not receive times or league information or anything more.


  6. #6
    Jenifred is offline I can feel it coming in the air tonight......
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    America's Dairyland, WI
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    When you do a google search, say of the term *ncsoccer* instead of clicking directly on the link, look down a line or so and you'll see a blue link like this Cached click on that link to see the cached version of the website.
    I got to it, but did you see that there was a place called "intent to play"? I couldn't get that to open up. Just wondering if we could find Raven's name there.

    Is it a possibility that this site is offline right now while they update it? Because they list the president as someone else other than Raven's friend. Or was Raven's friend a local president?


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenifred
    I got to it, but did you see that there was a place called "intent to play"? I couldn't get that to open up. Just wondering if we could find Raven's name there.

    Is it a possibility that this site is offline right now while they update it? Because they list the president as someone else other than Raven's friend. Or was Raven's friend a local president?
    ncsoccer.org is the main site for all of north carolina youth soccer. on that site there was a link to an org call ncasa or north carolina adult soccer association. it is ncasa that his friend is president of.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    468
    My original post in discussion #3 added here as its part of this topic.

    Great info on the soccer equipment, I thought the issue had been stolen money so it's interesting to learn it was actually merchandise. I bet Golfmom is right that he sold this stuff on ebay. Too bad we can't get a history.

    I've been trying to track down the actual soccer game -- I believe, and this is without tracking back to look, that MissYouJanet said he left the house about 7:30 PM and returned about 10:30 PM. If that's the case, I'm going to assume a playing time of one hour, another hour or so to account for warmup, possible late start, chatting, change afterwood, which leaves the last hour for r/t of 30 mins each way. Within those parameters, I tried to look for a league that had a game that fit the timeframe.

    I first found the North Carolina Adult Soccer Assn, of which his friend, Daruis Ejlali, is President. NCASA

    From there, I looked at the links of clubs/leagues that were in the geographic area that made sense timewise. You can view this info on the "Where to Play" link at top of homepage. Once looking at the different areas and deciding which made sense geographically, I then looked at each club/league to see whether any played the night of the murder. The only one I found is TASL . If you go to schedule, you will see the Coed Section C plays on Tuesday nights. There were two games (so 4 teams) that had a game at 8:30 PM on that night, which fits. I wish I could confirm one way or the other, but this is the best I could come up with.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    When you do a google search, say of the term *ncsoccer* instead of clicking directly on the link, look down a line or so and you'll see a blue link like this Cached click on that link to see the cached version of the website.
    I wonder if their website was hacked... We know someone with the means to do so, LOL.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,170
    from my source:

    "apparently with these pick up games, when you arrive you sign in with your first name only."

    IF LE is having a hard time locating ppl to verify that he was there, this could be a case for why!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,940
    Ok, we have a problem here. All the info being swapped via pm, then posted as fact here on the forums really isnt fair to other members, as they have no way of questioning the person who gave the info. If pm's are being sent, then obviously the sender is a member...they need to post the info themselves, not play "tag" via pm.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Timex
    Ok, we have a problem here. All the info being swapped via pm, then posted as fact here on the forums really isnt fair to other members, as they have no way of questioning the person who gave the info. If pm's are being sent, then obviously the sender is a member...they need to post the info themselves, not play "tag" via pm.
    does this also apply to posters who post info they supposedly have from LE who aren't posting here? One poster has posted that his/her source in LE cleared Raven as a suspect and we have no way to verify it... this is causing quite the stir too and is more serious than an innocent posting of info about a soccer game. Just my opinion here, not trying to stir trouble


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,218
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    Hi there... I received a pm from a credible source that Raven played in a pickup game the night Janet was murdered.
    I did not receive times or league information or anything more.
    I guess I can understand why some people are apprehensive about posting but I'd really like to know - if they know for sure that he was playing, do they know what he was wearing? What time the game started? What time he arrived? What time it ended? What time he left? If there's half-time? Whether or not he was there during half-time? Where the game was - how far from Raven's home?

    Please ... lurkers, pm'ers ... join us.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,940
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    does this also apply to posters who post info they supposedly have from LE who aren't posting here? One poster has posted that his/her source in LE cleared Raven as a suspect and we have no way to verify it... this is causing quite the stir too and is more serious than an innocent posting of info about a soccer game. Just my opinion here, not trying to stir trouble

    Quoting law enforcement is quite different than claiming to be a family member. Members are free to ask for links to news articles, or free to contact LE to verify what they have or have not said.

    We are not going to have a forum where anyone with an opposing view is labled as being Raven, or Ravens family etc.

    Not everyone is ready to say without a doubt Raven committed this crime. To date, I have not read or heard anything from law enforcement that leads me to feel they are anywhere near naming Raven as a suspect in this crime.

    You are, of course, free to speculate on your theories of Ravens guilt, but you are NOT free to condem those that dont share your opinion.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Timex

    You are, of course, free to speculate on your theories of Ravens guilt, but you are NOT free to condem those that dont share your opinion.
    And that is the heart of WS! Just like in life, it is not what is said to you, but how you react to it. Slamming another poster or treating them with disrespect just because you don't like what they post is no different than punching someone in the face if you don't like what they say. It would be totally unacceptable.


Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •