Soccer Game ... No really, "the" Soccer Game

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
If anyone has info on the soccer game Raven supposedly played in on the night Janet was murdered (April 26, 2005), please post here.

I was told in a pm that this person thought that Raven played with a spanish league. However the only one that was listed on the now defunct ncsoccer page that had a website and pictures turned up with no Raven. On the internet site, it said they had meetings on Wednesday nights. I don't know what they meant by meetings, wether it was a game or an actual meeting. But wasn't Janet killed on a Tuesday?

I remember a few of the web sites for various leagues in the area has also not been updated for awhile.

GM--how do you get to a cached version? I was having problems doing that too.

Jenifred said:
I was told in a pm that this person thought that Raven played with a spanish league. However the only one that was listed on the now defunct ncsoccer page that had a website and pictures turned up with no Raven. On the internet site, it said they had meetings on Wednesday nights. I don't know what they meant by meetings, wether it was a game or an actual meeting. But wasn't Janet killed on a Tuesday?

I remember a few of the web sites for various leagues in the area has also not been updated for awhile.

GM--how do you get to a cached version? I was having problems doing that too.

When you do a google search, say of the term *ncsoccer* instead of clicking directly on the link, look down a line or so and you'll see a blue link like this Cached click on that link to see the cached version of the website.

Hi there... I received a pm from a credible source that Raven played in a pickup game the night Janet was murdered.
I did not receive times or league information or anything more.

golfmom said:
When you do a google search, say of the term *ncsoccer* instead of clicking directly on the link, look down a line or so and you'll see a blue link like this Cached click on that link to see the cached version of the website.
I got to it, but did you see that there was a place called "intent to play"? I couldn't get that to open up. Just wondering if we could find Raven's name there.

Is it a possibility that this site is offline right now while they update it? Because they list the president as someone else other than Raven's friend. Or was Raven's friend a local president?

Jenifred said:
I got to it, but did you see that there was a place called "intent to play"? I couldn't get that to open up. Just wondering if we could find Raven's name there.

Is it a possibility that this site is offline right now while they update it? Because they list the president as someone else other than Raven's friend. Or was Raven's friend a local president?

ncsoccer.org is the main site for all of north carolina youth soccer. on that site there was a link to an org call ncasa or north carolina adult soccer association. it is ncasa that his friend is president of.

My original post in discussion #3 added here as its part of this topic.

Great info on the soccer equipment, I thought the issue had been stolen money so it's interesting to learn it was actually merchandise. I bet Golfmom is right that he sold this stuff on ebay. Too bad we can't get a history.

I've been trying to track down the actual soccer game -- I believe, and this is without tracking back to look, that MissYouJanet said he left the house about 7:30 PM and returned about 10:30 PM. If that's the case, I'm going to assume a playing time of one hour, another hour or so to account for warmup, possible late start, chatting, change afterwood, which leaves the last hour for r/t of 30 mins each way. Within those parameters, I tried to look for a league that had a game that fit the timeframe.

I first found the North Carolina Adult Soccer Assn, of which his friend, Daruis Ejlali, is President. NCASA

From there, I looked at the links of clubs/leagues that were in the geographic area that made sense timewise. You can view this info on the "Where to Play" link at top of homepage. Once looking at the different areas and deciding which made sense geographically, I then looked at each club/league to see whether any played the night of the murder. The only one I found is TASL . If you go to schedule, you will see the Coed Section C plays on Tuesday nights. There were two games (so 4 teams) that had a game at 8:30 PM on that night, which fits. I wish I could confirm one way or the other, but this is the best I could come up with.

golfmom said:

I wonder if their website was hacked... We know someone with the means to do so, LOL.

from my source:

"apparently with these pick up games, when you arrive you sign in with your first name only."

IF LE is having a hard time locating ppl to verify that he was there, this could be a case for why!

Ok, we have a problem here. All the info being swapped via pm, then posted as fact here on the forums really isnt fair to other members, as they have no way of questioning the person who gave the info. If pm's are being sent, then obviously the sender is a member...they need to post the info themselves, not play "tag" via pm.

Timex said:
Ok, we have a problem here. All the info being swapped via pm, then posted as fact here on the forums really isnt fair to other members, as they have no way of questioning the person who gave the info. If pm's are being sent, then obviously the sender is a member...they need to post the info themselves, not play "tag" via pm.
does this also apply to posters who post info they supposedly have from LE who aren't posting here? One poster has posted that his/her source in LE cleared Raven as a suspect and we have no way to verify it... this is causing quite the stir too and is more serious than an innocent posting of info about a soccer game. Just my opinion here, not trying to stir trouble :innocent:

PrayersForMaura said:
Hi there... I received a pm from a credible source that Raven played in a pickup game the night Janet was murdered.
I did not receive times or league information or anything more.
I guess I can understand why some people are apprehensive about posting but I'd really like to know - if they know for sure that he was playing, do they know what he was wearing? What time the game started? What time he arrived? What time it ended? What time he left? If there's half-time? Whether or not he was there during half-time? Where the game was - how far from Raven's home?

Please ... lurkers, pm'ers ... join us.

PrayersForMaura said:
does this also apply to posters who post info they supposedly have from LE who aren't posting here? One poster has posted that his/her source in LE cleared Raven as a suspect and we have no way to verify it... this is causing quite the stir too and is more serious than an innocent posting of info about a soccer game. Just my opinion here, not trying to stir trouble :innocent:

Quoting law enforcement is quite different than claiming to be a family member. Members are free to ask for links to news articles, or free to contact LE to verify what they have or have not said.

We are not going to have a forum where anyone with an opposing view is labled as being Raven, or Ravens family etc.

Not everyone is ready to say without a doubt Raven committed this crime. To date, I have not read or heard anything from law enforcement that leads me to feel they are anywhere near naming Raven as a suspect in this crime.

You are, of course, free to speculate on your theories of Ravens guilt, but you are NOT free to condem those that dont share your opinion.

Timex said:
You are, of course, free to speculate on your theories of Ravens guilt, but you are NOT free to condem those that dont share your opinion.

And that is the heart of WS! Just like in life, it is not what is said to you, but how you react to it. Slamming another poster or treating them with disrespect just because you don't like what they post is no different than punching someone in the face if you don't like what they say. It would be totally unacceptable.

golfmom said:
And that is the heart of WS! Just like in life, it is not what is said to you, but how you react to it. Slamming another poster or treating them with disrespect just because you don't like what they post is no different than punching someone in the face if you don't like what they say. It would be totally unacceptable.
Boy, I must be dense but I haven't see that behavior in this particular forum for Janet. Have seen it elsewhere though.
No one that I have seen has slammed anyone. If anything, a pro-Raven poster has made some remarks to another poster about being "narrow-minded" which is the only real personal attack I have seen on this forum.
Everyone else seems to be just asking questions.
Maybe i missed something ...

anyway, this is a thread about the soccer game info, and i'm sad that this has been posted under this particular thread. We have posts on all the other threads in this forum about info posted from PMs... I would've liked to keep this conversation under general discussion and keep the soccer thread about soccer. That's why I started this thread.
Can we move these posts, if possible, to a general discussion thread or a thread of its own? I'm afraid these semi-negative posts may keep someone from posting some real soccer info.

thanks

Timex said:

Timex,
THANK YOU!
It's very frustrating to me to read posts which say " I received info via PM which stated blah blah thus and so".

WHY can't the person who is registered and sent the PM state their own version of the truth on the board instead of being in stealth mode?

I would like to make this statement, as it applies to integrity of knowledge and information in this murder case:
I trust the following frequent case posters: Misterallgood, who brought the case to WS, Golfmom, PrayersForMaura and JerseyGirl, LaurieJ and the site moderators, whom I believe are Timex, Chicoliving, and possibly Tybe?
Oh, and I also trust the established members who are just now wading through the info and speculation on this case and who will hopefully be posting soon. They are proven to be posters of integrity with a desire for the truth.

I know that some of you are getting many PMs from people who will not post, but want you to do it for them. I did too until I stopped replying to the hush hush PMs and also stopped posting their innuendos for them. .

The truth does NOT live in darkness. Look at the current political news and the furor over who Woodward and Bernstein's " deep throat" contact is/ was.
The man is 91 years old, but because he hid in the shadows, people have been more interested in who he was than what he had to say and what he knew and knows. This is not meant as a condemnation or an approval of any political party, just stating the facts. Felts is news, 30 years after the " deep throat" undercover work was done.

What needs to be said here needs to have some factual basis behind it, or said to be a hunch or an intuitive type thought. This " He said, she said" is causing a lot of questions because it is NOT the norm regarding a murder where there is no press and little interest outside our small circle.

I will not be trusting anything else said as a " he said, she said but I can't tell you anything else OR back it up because it was said to me in confidence .

To the best of my knowledge, no forum discussion has ever relied upon the whispers in the background to give info, unless it was a source close to LE, and even then, the info is suspect because it has to be ANONYMOUS.

If I find something relevant to the case, or if I put a couple of ideas together and come up with something we haven't discussed, then I have the courage to stand and tell it.
Janet deserves that much.

Those of you who are encouraging PM interaction may be , in fact, DISCOURAGING free discussion of information which may or may not be true.
Like I said, truth lives in the light, not in the shadows of a hush hush kind of communication with new members who refuse to post.

New members, those of us who do post are no different from you. We are not better than you, we are not more articulate than you, we are not immune from criticism more than you, nothing is different.
My message to you is that I think you should have the strength to post what you want to be known right here on this forum.
We have no way of knowing who " DaFfy dUcK" or " DaddY WarBucks", for example, are.
Make up a screen name and say what you have to say!!! Then the free flow of conversation can progress with you. .

Thanks again, Timex. I have been very frustrated by the clandestine elements of this particular crime discussion.

Thinkoflaura said:
Thanks again, Timex. I have been very frustrated by the clandestine elements of this particular crime discussion.

Ditto. I don't think the motive for encouraging the PM activity is selfish in any way, but I do think it disrupts the purpose and process of what the site is about.

FWIW, I've been around enough message board sites, including being a Mod at one, that I know the PM issue transcends all subject matter and causes problems for differing reasons at each one. People just don't like to feel out of the loop, whatever the reason,and it creates tensions.

Since the previous thread I've started has gotten off topic, I decided to leave what's there there and try to start again.

If anyone has any information about the soccer game that Raven may or may not have played in on the night Janet was murdered or any information about any leagues he or Janet played in in 2005, please post it here.

If you played soccer with Raven or Janet, please also post here. I would love to hear from you on this thread.

PrayersForMaura said:
Since the previous thread I've started has gotten off topic, I decided to leave what's there there and try to start again.

If anyone has any information about the soccer game that Raven may or may not have played in on the night Janet was murdered or any information about any leagues he or Janet played in in 2005, please post it here.

If you played soccer with Raven or Janet, please also post here. I would love to hear from you on this thread.

Poor PFM ... she keeps us so organized, it would be madness and chaos here without her!
:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back