1349 users online (263 members and 1086 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UT - Sophea Larsen, 15 mos, Taylorsville, 6 May 2014

Unified Police have released an endangered missing advisory for a 15-month-old child.

Sofphia Larsen was in the care of Jamie Webb when a court order was issued to take the child away and have her turned over to her mother, police said.

UPD officers located Webb Tuesday and attempted to serve him with the court paperwork.

Police say Webb did not have the child with him and fled on foot from officers.

http://fox13now.com/2014/05/06/endan...nth-old-child/

Endangered Missing Child Alert- 05/06/14

Published: 06-May-2014

DATE: 5/6/14 – 5:00 p.m.

WHO: Larsen, Sophea L. 15 Month Old
    Caucasian female, 24”, 18 lbs, brown eyes, brown hair

WHAT: Endangered Missing Child
    Taylorsville - On 5/6/14 the Unified Police Department (UPD) issued an Endangered Missing Advisory (EMA) for SopheaLarsen. Larsen was in the care of Jamie Webb. A court order was issued to take the child from Webb and turn Larsen over to her mother. Webb is a transient and has an outstanding warrant for his arrest. Today officers from the UPD located Webb and attempted to serve him with the court paperwork. Webb did not have the child with him and fled on foot from the officers. The child was not located in the vehicle Webb left behind. Detectives have followed up on all known locations the child could be.

The UPD has been searching for Larsen, but has been unable to locate her. We are issuing the EMA as we are concerned for her welfare. It is unknown where Larsen is as she is not with Webb and they have no home. If anyone has information as to the location of Larsen they are asked to call the UPD at 801-743-7000

http://updsl.org/upd-news/endangered...alert-05-06-14

how bad was mom's situation that she was in the care of a transient parent??

hopefully this little one will be found safe and sound.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D0HC8RFXZVo/Sm4sWrmXXiI/AAAAAAAAAOs/fe1Urm9FPpQ/s400/mbfashion.gif

Quote Originally Posted by modesty blaise View Post
    how bad was mom's situation that she was in the care of a transient parent??

hopefully this little one will be found safe and sound.
    Could it have been he took the child initially from the mother? Since he apparently is the dad, he would have every legal right to take the child in his care...or take care of the child for a time. Maybe he took the child for a visit and then wouldn't return her and the mother had to get a court order to get the child returned.

These types of cases are so complicated. So very worried for this lovely child.

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    Could it have been he took the child initially from the mother? Since he apparently is the dad, he would have every legal right to take the child in his care...or take care of the child for a time. Maybe he took the child for a visit and then wouldn't return her and the mother had to get a court order to get the child returned.

These types of cases are so complicated. So very worried for this lovely child.
    There are details about why he had the child in this article: http://fox13now.com/2014/05/06/endan...nth-old-child/

It sounds like he took her from her mother in February and has been taunting her ever since. The mother was the one that got the court order issued to have Sophea returned.

In an interview with FOX 13, Sophea’s mother, Danielle Larsen, said the little girl was taken from her after Webb choked her (in February.)

Since Sophea disappeared in February, Larsen said she had been trying to get the court and police to listen to her. But because Webb is considered Sophea’s father, and because it was considered a domestic dispute, police could not do as much as they wanted. On Tuesday, Larsen was granted a writ of assistance from the courts allowing the police to take Sophea into protective custody.
    So has anybody seen Sophea since February?
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    There are details about why he had the child in this article: http://fox13now.com/2014/05/06/endan...nth-old-child/

It sounds like he took her from her mother in February and has been taunting her ever since. The mother was the one that got the court order issued to have Sophea returned.

So has anybody seen Sophea since February?
    Exactly what I was expecting, ClaireNC. My daughter and her husband separated for about 6 months after the birth of their baby boy. It was awful! We were so worried that he would take the baby during a visitation and flee. Since he is the dad, police can do little. Fortunately things worked out between them and the marriage has reconciled. But those months were some of the worst of our lives.

BTW, we were told once that it matters not if a person is homeless or has no resources. You cannot remove their child from them unless the child is being abused--and you have proof of it.
    So being transient is not grounds for taking a person's child away. I can partially understand this. But its a tough call.
    I don't see how social workers do it everyday. Their jobs would drive me crazy.

The search continues. Police are concerned for the child's welfare.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57...-girl.html.csp

There is an outstanding warrant for the father's arrest:
    On March 17, a warrant was issued for his arrest in connection with the alleged choking of the child’s mother on Feb. 18 at a West Valley City residence and then taking the toddler with him. The $50,000 warrant alleges third-degree felony offenses of aggravated assault and domestic violence in the presence of a child, according to 3rd District Court records.
    Edit to add:
    Sophea's mother said she hasn't seen the little girl for several weeks.
    Read more at http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2979...8osTMdXUOc6.99

http://fox13now.com/2014/05/06/endan...nth-old-child/

Same article that was posted above but it now states that she has been found and is with her mom.

Yes, this baby has been found. Thankfully safe and well. I hate when parents use their children as pawns and I suspect that was at the bottom of all this mess. I hope these parents can work out some way to be parents to this little cutie in a way that is to her betterment, not her detriment.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Yay! Such great news.

So glad this little girl was found safe! By the way, a transient isn't a homeless person. Just means a person who is staying or working in an area for a only a short time.

floridamomma is offline "I've never let my school interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by marlywings View Post
    she looks like boo, from monsters, inc. so adorable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast