1259 users online (293 members and 966 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Hannah Smith suicide -she sent vile msgs herself, coroner says

An inquest into the death of 14 year-old Hannah Smith, whose family believe she was bullied to the point of suicide, has ruled she sent vile posts to herself, on *******. Police investigations revealed the posts were made from her laptop and an IP address within her home in Lutterworth, Leicestershire, UK.

The coroner said: 'The evidence I have was that on the balance of probabilities they would all have been at Hannah's own hand. Why she did it, I don't know.'

He did add that Hannah 'had been subject to behaviour that was not acceptable' in the run up to her death, however.

Family say Hannah had her head smashed into a wall and her coat glued to a chair, but her headteacher said Hannah had been involved in two incidents of bullying herself.

Hannah hanged herself in her bedroom August 2nd, 2013.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/06/teen-w...hears-4720061/

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...lying-inquests

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...est-hears.html
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

What is "balance of probabilities" in relation to something like this?

Also, introverted is not the opposite of "bubbly, happy". (form the second article linked) JMO
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    What is "balance of probabilities" in relation to something like this?

Also, introverted is not the opposite of "bubbly, happy". (form the second article linked) JMO
    RBBM

Probably that they know the messages came from her computer and IP but can't state conclusively she was the one using the computer. It could theoretically be a family member but if that's deemed unlikely, the balance of probabilities would suggest it had to be her.

Very sad conclusion. I followed this one closely because my husband is from Lutterworth. Thanks, as ever, Zwie, for the update. I swear I wouldn't know about anything happening in this country were it not for you!

JMO

I wonder if Hannah Smith had some underlying issues.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

This is a horrific story of a young girl gone too soon. I am a little unsympathetic because it appears she killed herself in an effort to ruin her peer's lives, who she falsely implicated in her suicide. It's a little hard to feel sorry for her when you think of all the lives she negatively touched - for attention.

Little Jedi is offline "I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally" W. C. Fields
    Quote Originally Posted by BritsKate View Post
    RBBM

Probably that they know the messages came from her computer and IP but can't state conclusively she was the one using the computer. It could theoretically be a family member but if that's deemed unlikely, the balance of probabilities would suggest it had to be her.

Very sad conclusion. I followed this one closely because my husband is from Lutterworth. Thanks, as ever, Zwie, for the update. I swear I wouldn't know about anything happening in this country were it not for you!

JMO
    That goes for me too !!
    " The more we learn, the more we discover how much we do not know. "
    Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    This is a horrific story of a young girl gone too soon. I am a little unsympathetic because it appears she killed herself in an effort to ruin her peer's lives, who she falsely implicated in her suicide. It's a little hard to feel sorry for her when you think of all the lives she negatively touched - for attention.
    Obviously, to me, this girl had severe mental problems.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.