1259 users online (293 members and 966 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,188

    Hannah Smith suicide -she sent vile msgs herself, coroner says

    An inquest into the death of 14 year-old Hannah Smith, whose family believe she was bullied to the point of suicide, has ruled she sent vile posts to herself, on *******. Police investigations revealed the posts were made from her laptop and an IP address within her home in Lutterworth, Leicestershire, UK.

    The coroner said: 'The evidence I have was that on the balance of probabilities they would all have been at Hannah's own hand. Why she did it, I don't know.'

    He did add that Hannah 'had been subject to behaviour that was not acceptable' in the run up to her death, however.

    Family say Hannah had her head smashed into a wall and her coat glued to a chair, but her headteacher said Hannah had been involved in two incidents of bullying herself.

    Hannah hanged herself in her bedroom August 2nd, 2013.

    http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/06/teen-w...hears-4720061/

    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...lying-inquests

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...est-hears.html
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,490
    What is "balance of probabilities" in relation to something like this?

    Also, introverted is not the opposite of "bubbly, happy". (form the second article linked) JMO
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.


  3. #3
    BritsKate's Avatar
    BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    American Expat living in England
    Posts
    5,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    What is "balance of probabilities" in relation to something like this?

    Also, introverted is not the opposite of "bubbly, happy". (form the second article linked) JMO
    RBBM

    Probably that they know the messages came from her computer and IP but can't state conclusively she was the one using the computer. It could theoretically be a family member but if that's deemed unlikely, the balance of probabilities would suggest it had to be her.

    Very sad conclusion. I followed this one closely because my husband is from Lutterworth. Thanks, as ever, Zwie, for the update. I swear I wouldn't know about anything happening in this country were it not for you!

    JMO

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    63 22'N 32 17'W (It's In The Abyss.)
    Posts
    3,390
    I wonder if Hannah Smith had some underlying issues.




    HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,158
    This is a horrific story of a young girl gone too soon. I am a little unsympathetic because it appears she killed herself in an effort to ruin her peer's lives, who she falsely implicated in her suicide. It's a little hard to feel sorry for her when you think of all the lives she negatively touched - for attention.

  6. #6
    Little Jedi's Avatar
    Little Jedi is offline "I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally" W. C. Fields
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A Galaxy far, far away !!
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by BritsKate View Post
    RBBM

    Probably that they know the messages came from her computer and IP but can't state conclusively she was the one using the computer. It could theoretically be a family member but if that's deemed unlikely, the balance of probabilities would suggest it had to be her.

    Very sad conclusion. I followed this one closely because my husband is from Lutterworth. Thanks, as ever, Zwie, for the update. I swear I wouldn't know about anything happening in this country were it not for you!

    JMO
    That goes for me too !!
    " The more we learn, the more we discover how much we do not know. "
    Yoda


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    3,853
    Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    This is a horrific story of a young girl gone too soon. I am a little unsympathetic because it appears she killed herself in an effort to ruin her peer's lives, who she falsely implicated in her suicide. It's a little hard to feel sorry for her when you think of all the lives she negatively touched - for attention.
    Obviously, to me, this girl had severe mental problems.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

    Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.



Similar Threads

  1. Australia - Coroner: self-help course led to woman's suicide
    By Missizzy in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 12:31 PM

Tags for this Thread