Hannah Smith suicide -she sent vile msgs herself, coroner says

zwiebel

Reaction score
An inquest into the death of 14 year-old Hannah Smith, whose family believe she was bullied to the point of suicide, has ruled she sent vile posts to herself, on *******. Police investigations revealed the posts were made from her laptop and an IP address within her home in Lutterworth, Leicestershire, UK.

The coroner said: 'The evidence I have was that on the balance of probabilities they would all have been at Hannah's own hand. Why she did it, I don't know.'

He did add that Hannah 'had been subject to behaviour that was not acceptable' in the run up to her death, however.

Family say Hannah had her head smashed into a wall and her coat glued to a chair, but her headteacher said Hannah had been involved in two incidents of bullying herself.

Hannah hanged herself in her bedroom August 2nd, 2013.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/06/teen-...was-trolled-by-herself-inquest-hears-4720061/

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/may/06/hannah-smith-suicide-teenager-cyber-bullying-inquests

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...k-fm-sent-abusive-messages-inquest-hears.html

What is "balance of probabilities" in relation to something like this?

Also, introverted is not the opposite of "bubbly, happy". (form the second article linked) JMO

What is "balance of probabilities" in relation to something like this?

Also, introverted is not the opposite of "bubbly, happy". (form the second article linked) JMO
RBBM

Probably that they know the messages came from her computer and IP but can't state conclusively she was the one using the computer. It could theoretically be a family member but if that's deemed unlikely, the balance of probabilities would suggest it had to be her.

Very sad conclusion. I followed this one closely because my husband is from Lutterworth. Thanks, as ever, Zwie, for the update. I swear I wouldn't know about anything happening in this country were it not for you! :loveyou:

JMO

I wonder if Hannah Smith had some underlying issues.

This is a horrific story of a young girl gone too soon. I am a little unsympathetic because it appears she killed herself in an effort to ruin her peer's lives, who she falsely implicated in her suicide. It's a little hard to feel sorry for her when you think of all the lives she negatively touched - for attention.

RBBM

Probably that they know the messages came from her computer and IP but can't state conclusively she was the one using the computer. It could theoretically be a family member but if that's deemed unlikely, the balance of probabilities would suggest it had to be her.

Very sad conclusion. I followed this one closely because my husband is from Lutterworth. Thanks, as ever, Zwie, for the update. I swear I wouldn't know about anything happening in this country were it not for you! :loveyou:

JMO

:floorlaugh: That goes for me too !!

This is a horrific story of a young girl gone too soon. I am a little unsympathetic because it appears she killed herself in an effort to ruin her peer's lives, who she falsely implicated in her suicide. It's a little hard to feel sorry for her when you think of all the lives she negatively touched - for attention.

Obviously, to me, this girl had severe mental problems.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back