GUILTY NJ - Michelle Nyce, 34, murdered, Hopewell Twp, 16 Jan 2004

suspiciouseye

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
HOPEWELL TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP)--A former pharmaceutical researcher has been accused of killing his wife by smashing her head into the garage floor of their mansion after learning she was having an affair.

Jonathan Nyce also is charged with trying to make the death look like an accident by placing her body in her sport utility vehicle and sending it over a snowy embankment into a creek.............

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...ory.html/National/AP.V6110.AP-Wife-Slain.html

This case is really interesting to me. I feel so awful for the children.

Apparently Michelle Nyce was having an affair with their landscaper. Several months ago, she said she broke it off when the landscaper began pressuring her for money, etc. Around the same time, Jonathan Nyce says he got a phone call from someone who later turned out to be the landscaper, demanding that Jonathan Nyce pay him $500,000 or he would release audio and video tapes of Michelle Nyce having sex with another man. Jonathan Nyce heard part of the audio tape and recognized his wife's voice.

The Nyce's pressed charges against the landscaper, but the case was eventually dropped. Jonathan Nyce says his wife had just returned from seeing this landscaper when a fight broke out and she was killed.

This article has lots of info:

http://www.nj.com/news/times/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1074854360200471.xml

Mr. Nyce, 54, is charged with beating his 34-year-old wife, Michelle Nyce, to death in the garage of their residence on Keithwood Court in southwestern Hopewell Township late on the night of Jan. 16, 2004. She was returning home from a Route 1 motel-room rendezvous with her lover of one year, a landscaper who had worked on the Nyce property, according to the Mercer County prosecutor's office.
The prosecution says Mr. Nyce tried to make his wife's death look like the result of an automobile accident, putting her corpse behind the wheel of her SUV and driving it into Jacobs Creek. He then tried to hide all evidence of her killing, including blood stains, the prosecution claims.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1091&dept_id=425744&newsid=14624614&PAG=461&rfi=9

Larkin came under a hail of criticism for not taking Nyce directly to jail and admitted last month he had made the wrong decision.

Yesterday, he said again that he had made a mistake.

"It may not have been the best decision I ever made, but there was nothing criminal about it," said Larkin, a Democrat who is seeking re-election. "I never had any doubt in my mind there was no criminality."

In a prepared statement, Bocchini criticized the sheriff. "Sheriff Larkin's decision . . . was inappropriate," the prosecutor said. He said allowing Nyce to be interviewed in his lawyer's office "posed serious security issues. In addition, the perception of preferential treatment for Nyce . . . cannot be condoned or tolerated."

He said the decision to allow Nyce to change clothes and sit for the interview outside the courthouse "was made solely by Sheriff Larkin."
http://www.nj.com/news/times/regional/index.ssf?/base/news-2/112970922336320.xml&coll=5

mysteriew said:
Larkin came under a hail of criticism for not taking Nyce directly to jail and admitted last month he had made the wrong decision.

Yesterday, he said again that he had made a mistake.

"It may not have been the best decision I ever made, but there was nothing criminal about it," said Larkin, a Democrat who is seeking re-election. "I never had any doubt in my mind there was no criminality."

In a prepared statement, Bocchini criticized the sheriff. "Sheriff Larkin's decision . . . was inappropriate," the prosecutor said. He said allowing Nyce to be interviewed in his lawyer's office "posed serious security issues. In addition, the perception of preferential treatment for Nyce . . . cannot be condoned or tolerated."

He said the decision to allow Nyce to change clothes and sit for the interview outside the courthouse "was made solely by Sheriff Larkin."
http://www.nj.com/news/times/regional/index.ssf?/base/news-2/112970922336320.xml&coll=5

I bought the book about this murder/trial. Not intentially, I was only looking for a new book to read.

If interested, it is Never Leave Me by John Glatt. Jonathan Nyce got away with murder!!!!! Found guilty by a jury of passion/provocation manslaughter! Unfrickin believable! IMO That is a new one to me!

The book was OK, not a great book. The case was interesting, but the author droned on and on about Jonathan's career in the beginning. I was tempted to throw it away, but I perservered! lol

This trial was to have been covered by CTTV, except the MJackson coverage interfered.

Whew, that sheriff still has his job huh?.........
Guess the Dateline crew won him over. They are a nice bunch of people, thats for sure.
My oh My .......murder the wife ......and get a slap on the wrist.
I might buy the book......and just skip-a-dee-do -da a lot of it.
Thanks LaMer for the info.
angel.gif

LaMer said:
I bought the book about this murder/trial. Not intentially, I was only looking for a new book to read.

If interested, it is Never Leave Me by John Glatt. Jonathan Nyce got away with murder!!!!! Found guilty by a jury of passion/provocation manslaughter! Unfrickin believable! IMO That is a new one to me!

The book was OK, not a great book. The case was interesting, but the author droned on and on about Jonathan's career in the beginning. I was tempted to throw it away, but I perservered! lol

This trial was to have been covered by CTTV, except the MJackson coverage interfered.

I just read that book last week. You're right he did get away with murder. He made me sick he was so full of himself. Probably still is. Those poor kids.

From December 2010:

http://www.nj.com/news/times/regional/index.ssf?/base/news-21/129248191257150.xml

Jonathan Nyce, the Hopewell Township research scientist convicted of fatally beating his wife then staging her death as a car accident in 2004, has been released from prison and says he's written a book that will prove his innocence.

After five years behind bars, the 60-year-old father of three walked out of prison on Dec. 5 and has returned to his parents' home in Collegeville, Pa., where he was reunited with his children...

Two weeks ago Nyce "maxed out" of his sentence after prison officials knocked off time for the days he spent in jail before his sentencing and for his good behavior behind bars, corrections officials said.

Jonathan Nyce is back in the news, and prison—this time for peddling fake canine cancer drugs.
PHILADELPHIA – United States Attorney Jacqueline C. Romero announced that Jonathan Nyce, 73, of Collegeville, Pennsylvania, was sentenced today to 97 months in prison, three years of supervised release, and a $500 special assessment for carrying out a years-long scheme to defraud pet owners of money by falsely claiming to sell drugs that could cure canine cancer. A federal jury convicted Nyce of wire fraud and the interstate shipment of misbranded animal drugs in December 2022.

In perpetrating the scheme, Nyce created several companies, including “Canine Care,” “ACGT,” and “CAGT,” through which he purported to develop drugs intended to treat cancer in dogs. Beginning in 2012, using various websites for these companies, the defendant marketed these “cancer-curing” medications to desperate pet owners, using the drug names “Tumexal” and “Naturasone.” The websites made numerous false and fraudulent claims regarding the safety and efficacy of these supposed drugs, including that “Tumexal is effective against a wide variety of cancers,” and, “n fact, Tumexal will almost always restore a cancer-stricken dog’s appetite, spirit and energy!” In reality, these drugs were nothing more than a collection of bulk ingredients from various sources, which the defendant blended together himself at a facility on Arcola Road in Collegeville.

Further, through email and telephone conversations, Nyce induced the owners of terminally ill dogs to pay him hundreds or thousands of dollars for these drugs by touting the effectiveness of his products in treating a host of canine cancers. He also told prospective customers that their pets could become part of clinical trials, but in order to do so, they had to pay him large sums of money. Evidence presented at trial showed the defendant sold nearly $1,000,000 worth of drugs to approximately 900 different victims. The defendant’s marketing, sale, and shipment of these drugs violated the Food and Drug Administration’s Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act because the drugs were not approved by the FDA. The defendant even falsely claimed in promotional materials that his company’s research was “funded in part by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.”

“In shopping these worthless ‘drugs’ to desperate pet owners, Jonathan Nyce’s actions were both criminal and cruel,” said U.S. Attorney Romero. “He deliberately exploited people’s emotions, their love for their ailing dogs, purely for his own financial gain. Many people consider dogs members of their families, so they’re especially vulnerable to such schemes. For defrauding his victims and thumbing his nose at the FDA, justice demanded that Mr. Nyce be held accountable.”

“The FDA’s animal drug approval process ensures that our pets receive safe and effective products. Ignoring the FDA’s requirements and selling unapproved drugs to vulnerable U.S. consumers will not be tolerated,” said George A. Scavdis, Special Agent in Charge of the FDA Office of Criminal Investigations Metro Washington Field Office. “We will aggressively pursue and bring to justice those criminals who place profits above the health and safety of animal patients.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back