939 users online (121 members and 818 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 339
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    465

    Embezzlement charges: discussion, etc.

    I know I keep harping on this embezzlement business, but for the life of me, I think it all connects together, albeit in some convoluted fashion. I mean come on, do we honestly think that Raven gets caught at work, Janet quits out of humiliation, that at home that night, things are just as normal as can be??? Speculation of course, but, surely Janet has a few JUSTLY warranted words for Raven, even with her humble nature...again, pure speculation. And accordingly, the poor girl quits a job she really enjoys, leave people she enjoys, and has to start from scratch looking for a new job...all the while, with a young baby at home. Who's fault is this? Raven's, pure and simple. I know if I were in that situation I would have been FURIOUS. But, that's me. So over those next couple of months, it's Janet who finds a real job. And Janet that starts working. No doubt there were bills to be paid. Diapers to be bought. Doctors visits to be paid for Kaiden. Car payments. On and on and on. Oh, and of course on top of everything else, they now have Raven's legal issues to deal with... a lawyer has to be hired. There may be fines and other court costs on the horizon. Maybe restitution to Eurosport. Who knows. Again, all speculation for the most part.

    So on that dreaded evening, who knows what could have happened. But, I maintain that life on Ferrand Drive was probably not all rosy those months from January to April.

    It seems from info we've had posted here that things just may have started to spiral out of control sometime last summer or in the fall...when the embezzlement presumably began. Was Janet's death a culmination of months of financial chaos...instability...turmoil? Hopefully we'll know soon.

    But to me, even with the chaotic life Raven led, etc., the ultimate whirlwind of events, starting last summer through December 2004, the period of the Eurosport embezzling, was the beginning of the end... once he was caught, he says he was trying to get his life together. Maybe he was. Who knows. But, in the short term, the bills were still due....mouths still needed to be fed.... And selling of assets can sometimes not be a quick fix...it often takes time and patience.

    I still find it hard to believe that Raven acted alone with regard to the embezzlement. It is speculation, purely, but I believe he had help - a family member or members or maybe a friend. But someone.

    Ok, so I vented and rambled on, somewhat incoherently I think. But, Janet's murder and the embezzlement are linked, I'm convinced of it. I don't mean to imply a DIRECT connection, but more so a connection as far as state of mind, family life, emotional state of being, financial stability, etc.

    Ok, off the soapbox for now.

    And if you're reading this: I'm looking for you Mr. or Mrs Embezzling Accomplice(s).... and if I don't find you before, maybe I'll hear more about you in Orange County District Court on the afternoon of Friday, June 10. 2005!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthEastSleuth
    And if you're reading this: I'm looking for you Mr. or Mrs Embezzling Accomplice(s).... and if I don't find you before, maybe I'll hear more about you in Orange County District Court on the afternoon of Friday, June 10. 2005!


    SES that was a very powerful post.

    Janet had to face daily public humilation of Raven's illegal actions; she had to leave the one job that she loved; they were practically homeless; late on all their bills; and how much you want to bet the infidelity did NOT stop after they reconciled. How many lies from Raven was it until Janet finally said ENOUGH!

    So, what did she tell her friends from work that made them so worried for her safety?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    La Liga de Raleigh
    Jesus Duarte
    Samual Peters

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    East of the Mississippi
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthEastSleuth
    And if you're reading this: I'm looking for you Mr. or Mrs Embezzling Accomplice(s).... and if I don't find you before, maybe I'll hear more about you in Orange County District Court on the afternoon of Friday, June 10. 2005!
    SES: You are going to the hearing, yes???

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    160
    He may have told her that the charges were false - that he had done nothing wrong and someone at Eurosport had it out for him and used trumped up embezzlement charges just to get rid of him. Who knows whether she'd believe him at that point though.

    I highly doubt he just up and confessed to Janet. He had a persona to fulfill to the world, even to Janet.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesstexas
    He may have told her that the charges were false - that he had done nothing wrong and someone at Eurosport had it out for him and used trumped up embezzlement charges just to get rid of him. Who knows whether she'd believe him at that point though.

    I highly doubt he just up and confessed to Janet. He had a persona to fulfill to the world, even to Janet.
    I agree that what you say is very possible I think it likely that at first Raven tried to convince Janet that he hadn't done anything, was set up, was framed, or it was all a mistake. After a few months she began to put it all together and knew he was lying? This would certainly have led to some fights if it happened in my house.

    Some other thoughts on the imbezzlement. Could someone have been mad enough at Raven over the embezzlement to set up a hit on him and Janet got killed instead because Raven wasn't home, or maybe someone thought she was in on the imbezzlement and wanted to have them both killed? After all he embezzled thousands of dollars worth right? That had to hurt someone's pocket.

    One other thought. There was a poster here who seemed very sure that it was a robbery gone bad....well, what if it was something like that???... What if Raven set up a faked robbery to fraudulently collect insurance money and
    Janet being killed wasn't part of the plan but the plan went bad and the robber panicked? Perhaps they didn't expect Janet to be there or ????

    Just random thoughts.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybe So
    One other thought. There was a poster here who seemed very sure that it was a robbery gone bad....well, what if it was something like that???... What if Raven set up a faked robbery to fraudulently collect insurance money and
    Janet being killed wasn't part of the plan but the plan went bad and the robber panicked? Perhaps they didn't expect Janet to be there or ????
    Maybe Janet and Kaiden were supposed to go to the "soccer game". But, how much would renters insurance really pay. I remember having renters insurance and at least our policy wouldn't have been a way to make money.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by newkid
    Maybe Janet and Kaiden were supposed to go to the "soccer game". But, how much would renters insurance really pay. I remember having renters insurance and at least our policy wouldn't have been a way to make money.
    Maybe they were supposed to also steal a vehicle or something insured separately? Just a thought, though probably not likely.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybe So

    Some other thoughts on the imbezzlement. Could someone have been mad enough at Raven over the embezzlement to set up a hit on him and Janet got killed instead because Raven wasn't home, or maybe someone thought she was in on the imbezzlement and wanted to have them both killed? After all he embezzled thousands of dollars worth right? That had to hurt someone's pocket.
    I think this is a very good possiblity. There were people at Eurosport who could have been mad at him.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    I think this is a very good possiblity. There were people at Eurosport who could have been mad at him.
    You bring up an interesting possibility here, I did hear that a lot of people were very resentful that Raven was hired directly into management. This was a company that was known for hiring within first and turns around and brings in basically a *snot-nosed* kid into a managerial position.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybe So
    Some other thoughts on the imbezzlement. Could someone have been mad enough at Raven over the embezzlement to set up a hit on him and Janet got killed instead because Raven wasn't home, or maybe someone thought she was in on the imbezzlement and wanted to have them both killed? After all he embezzled thousands of dollars worth right? That had to hurt someone's pocket.
    My problem with this theory is that Raven allegedly embezzled "only" $9,000. In most cases, wouldn't it cost more than that to put out a hit?

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    291
    Hey GM. How do we know he was hired directly in the management position? I was under the impression that he had started elsewhere and had been promoted...?

    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    You bring up an interesting possibility here, I did hear that a lot of people were very resentful that Raven was hired directly into management. This was a company that was known for hiring within first and turns around and brings in basically a *snot-nosed* kid into a managerial position.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBanker
    Hey GM. How do we know he was hired directly in the management position? I was under the impression that he had started elsewhere and had been promoted...?
    Reeaaalllyyyy ? ? ?
    Maybe I misunderstood what was being told to me ....
    Maybe he was promoted over people who thought they were more qualified?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    Reeaaalllyyyy ? ? ?
    Maybe I misunderstood what was being told to me ....
    Maybe he was promoted over people who thought they were more qualified?
    No, I heard the exact same thing. That he was hired directly into management, to be precise, to head up one of two Team Sales groups at Eurosport. Janet was hired initially to work in the order department (taking phone orders, etc.) but then later moved into the accounting department.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthEastSleuth
    No, I heard the exact same thing. That he was hired directly into management, to be precise, to head up one of two Team Sales groups at Eurosport. Janet was hired initially to work in the order department (taking phone orders, etc.) but then later moved into the accounting department.
    I heard that Janet temp'd / filled in over at accounting and when the position opened they liked her so much that it was a given that she'd get that job. It had nothing to do with Raven.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 10:35 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 06:59 PM
  3. GUILTY NJ - Father Joseph Hughes for embezzlement, Rumson, 2006
    By Beyond Belief in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 11:51 PM
  4. Financial Insanity (not just embezzlement)
    By cappuccina in forum Janet Christiansen Abaroa
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-30-2005, 08:36 AM

Tags for this Thread