Embezzlement charges: discussion, etc.

SouthEastSleuth

Reaction score
I know I keep harping on this embezzlement business, but for the life of me, I think it all connects together, albeit in some convoluted fashion. I mean come on, do we honestly think that Raven gets caught at work, Janet quits out of humiliation, that at home that night, things are just as normal as can be??? Speculation of course, but, surely Janet has a few JUSTLY warranted words for Raven, even with her humble nature...again, pure speculation. And accordingly, the poor girl quits a job she really enjoys, leave people she enjoys, and has to start from scratch looking for a new job...all the while, with a young baby at home. Who's fault is this? Raven's, pure and simple. I know if I were in that situation I would have been FURIOUS. But, that's me. So over those next couple of months, it's Janet who finds a real job. And Janet that starts working. No doubt there were bills to be paid. Diapers to be bought. Doctors visits to be paid for Kaiden. Car payments. On and on and on. Oh, and of course on top of everything else, they now have Raven's legal issues to deal with... a lawyer has to be hired. There may be fines and other court costs on the horizon. Maybe restitution to Eurosport. Who knows. Again, all speculation for the most part.

So on that dreaded evening, who knows what could have happened. But, I maintain that life on Ferrand Drive was probably not all rosy those months from January to April.

It seems from info we've had posted here that things just may have started to spiral out of control sometime last summer or in the fall...when the embezzlement presumably began. Was Janet's death a culmination of months of financial chaos...instability...turmoil? Hopefully we'll know soon.

But to me, even with the chaotic life Raven led, etc., the ultimate whirlwind of events, starting last summer through December 2004, the period of the Eurosport embezzling, was the beginning of the end... once he was caught, he says he was trying to get his life together. Maybe he was. Who knows. But, in the short term, the bills were still due....mouths still needed to be fed.... And selling of assets can sometimes not be a quick fix...it often takes time and patience.

I still find it hard to believe that Raven acted alone with regard to the embezzlement. It is speculation, purely, but I believe he had help - a family member or members or maybe a friend. But someone.

Ok, so I vented and rambled on, somewhat incoherently I think. But, Janet's murder and the embezzlement are linked, I'm convinced of it. I don't mean to imply a DIRECT connection, but more so a connection as far as state of mind, family life, emotional state of being, financial stability, etc.

Ok, off the soapbox for now.

And if you're reading this: I'm looking for you Mr. or Mrs Embezzling Accomplice(s).... and if I don't find you before, maybe I'll hear more about you in Orange County District Court on the afternoon of Friday, June 10. 2005!

SouthEastSleuth said:
And if you're reading this: I'm looking for you Mr. or Mrs Embezzling Accomplice(s).... and if I don't find you before, maybe I'll hear more about you in Orange County District Court on the afternoon of Friday, June 10. 2005!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SES that was a very powerful post.

Janet had to face daily public humilation of Raven's illegal actions; she had to leave the one job that she loved; they were practically homeless; late on all their bills; and how much you want to bet the infidelity did NOT stop after they reconciled. How many lies from Raven was it until Janet finally said ENOUGH!

So, what did she tell her friends from work that made them so worried for her safety?

SouthEastSleuth said:
SES: You are going to the hearing, yes???

He may have told her that the charges were false - that he had done nothing wrong and someone at Eurosport had it out for him and used trumped up embezzlement charges just to get rid of him. Who knows whether she'd believe him at that point though.

I highly doubt he just up and confessed to Janet. He had a persona to fulfill to the world, even to Janet.

Jesstexas said:
He may have told her that the charges were false - that he had done nothing wrong and someone at Eurosport had it out for him and used trumped up embezzlement charges just to get rid of him. Who knows whether she'd believe him at that point though.

I highly doubt he just up and confessed to Janet. He had a persona to fulfill to the world, even to Janet.

I agree that what you say is very possible I think it likely that at first Raven tried to convince Janet that he hadn't done anything, was set up, was framed, or it was all a mistake. After a few months she began to put it all together and knew he was lying? This would certainly have led to some fights if it happened in my house.

Some other thoughts on the imbezzlement. Could someone have been mad enough at Raven over the embezzlement to set up a hit on him and Janet got killed instead because Raven wasn't home, or maybe someone thought she was in on the imbezzlement and wanted to have them both killed? After all he embezzled thousands of dollars worth right? That had to hurt someone's pocket.

One other thought. There was a poster here who seemed very sure that it was a robbery gone bad....well, what if it was something like that???... What if Raven set up a faked robbery to fraudulently collect insurance money and
Janet being killed wasn't part of the plan but the plan went bad and the robber panicked? Perhaps they didn't expect Janet to be there or ????

Just random thoughts.

Maybe So said:
One other thought. There was a poster here who seemed very sure that it was a robbery gone bad....well, what if it was something like that???... What if Raven set up a faked robbery to fraudulently collect insurance money and
Janet being killed wasn't part of the plan but the plan went bad and the robber panicked? Perhaps they didn't expect Janet to be there or ????
Maybe Janet and Kaiden were supposed to go to the "soccer game". But, how much would renters insurance really pay. I remember having renters insurance and at least our policy wouldn't have been a way to make money.

newkid said:
Maybe Janet and Kaiden were supposed to go to the "soccer game". But, how much would renters insurance really pay. I remember having renters insurance and at least our policy wouldn't have been a way to make money.

Maybe they were supposed to also steal a vehicle or something insured separately? Just a thought, though probably not likely.

Maybe So said:
Some other thoughts on the imbezzlement. Could someone have been mad enough at Raven over the embezzlement to set up a hit on him and Janet got killed instead because Raven wasn't home, or maybe someone thought she was in on the imbezzlement and wanted to have them both killed? After all he embezzled thousands of dollars worth right? That had to hurt someone's pocket.

I think this is a very good possiblity. There were people at Eurosport who could have been mad at him.

Rooster said:
I think this is a very good possiblity. There were people at Eurosport who could have been mad at him.

You bring up an interesting possibility here, I did hear that a lot of people were very resentful that Raven was hired directly into management. This was a company that was known for hiring within first and turns around and brings in basically a *snot-nosed* kid into a managerial position.

Maybe So said:
My problem with this theory is that Raven allegedly embezzled "only" $9,000. In most cases, wouldn't it cost more than that to put out a hit?

Hey GM. How do we know he was hired directly in the management position? I was under the impression that he had started elsewhere and had been promoted...?

golfmom said:
You bring up an interesting possibility here, I did hear that a lot of people were very resentful that Raven was hired directly into management. This was a company that was known for hiring within first and turns around and brings in basically a *snot-nosed* kid into a managerial position.

NCBanker said:
Hey GM. How do we know he was hired directly in the management position? I was under the impression that he had started elsewhere and had been promoted...?

Reeaaalllyyyy ? ? ? :waitasec:
Maybe I misunderstood what was being told to me ....
Maybe he was promoted over people who thought they were more qualified?

golfmom said:
Reeaaalllyyyy ? ? ? :waitasec:
Maybe I misunderstood what was being told to me ....
Maybe he was promoted over people who thought they were more qualified?
No, I heard the exact same thing. That he was hired directly into management, to be precise, to head up one of two Team Sales groups at Eurosport. Janet was hired initially to work in the order department (taking phone orders, etc.) but then later moved into the accounting department.

SouthEastSleuth said:
No, I heard the exact same thing. That he was hired directly into management, to be precise, to head up one of two Team Sales groups at Eurosport. Janet was hired initially to work in the order department (taking phone orders, etc.) but then later moved into the accounting department.

I heard that Janet temp'd / filled in over at accounting and when the position opened they liked her so much that it was a given that she'd get that job. It had nothing to do with Raven.

golfmom said:
I heard that Janet temp'd / filled in over at accounting and when the position opened they liked her so much that it was a given that she'd get that job. It had nothing to do with Raven.
Working with soccer gear......sounded like Janet's dream job! How she must have felt to have to resign from it.:(

ewwwinteresting said:
Working with soccer gear......sounded like Janet's dream job! How she must have felt to have to resign from it.:(
Was she still into soccer? It seems as if Raven may have been playing regularly but I got the impression that Janet was just enjoying being a Mommy. I wonder if she would have preferred to be a stay-at-home Mom. Raven said that it hurt her to have to be away from Kaiden upon starting her new job. Of course, he could have gone to get one so that she could be with her son. But that's just my opinion.

JerseyGirl said:
Was she still into soccer? It seems as if Raven may have been playing regularly but I got the impression that Janet was just enjoying being a Mommy. I wonder if she would have preferred to be a stay-at-home Mom. Raven said that it hurt her to have to be away from Kaiden upon starting her new job. Of course, he could have gone to get one so that she could be with her son. But that's just my opinion.

I was told that she still played soccer, just not competitively. I bet that's how come she looked so great, so soon after having Kaiden.

Well here's what I was told by a Eurosport employee:

Raven was the manager over the internal sales department (online sales, phone orders, etc.). I couldn't verify where he started in the company.

I WAS told, however, that Raven DID in fact push for Janet to be moved into accounting.

golfmom said:

NCBanker said:
Well here's what I was told by a Eurosport employee:

Raven was the manager over the internal sales department (online sales, phone orders, etc.). I couldn't verify where he started in the company.

I WAS told, however, that Raven DID in fact push for Janet to be moved into accounting.
Does this mean that both Janet and Raven worked in the orders department, and he pushed for her to be put in accounting? Or was Janet temp'ing in accounting as someone else mentioned, and Raven pushed for them to give her a permanent position?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back