1019 users online (146 members and 873 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    I'm not sure but I doubt it will matter. Next time, the attorneys will state their objection on the basis of the flawed procedure and submit her own testimony. I don't see any way the Judge will allow her to testify. I think her testimony lead to the hung jury in the first trial. Only a juror who prejudged Jason was guilty would even pretend to believe she was credible.

JMO
    Didn't Judge Stevens pre-judge Jason when he ruled him a "slayer", even though there was no evidence and Jason was a no show for the hearing?

Judge Stevens either believes that the gas station attendant is credible ... or is he inclined to accept any statement that supports his first ruling: that Jason is a slayer? Why wasn't a different Judge assigned to the case? Will the next trial be heard by the same Judge? The affidavits that were used to convince the Judge that Jason is a murderer related to his activity at parties ... where he apparently urinated in the corner of a friend's living room, had other wild parties, and he and Michelle disagreed about many things.

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    What do you mean by "flawed procedure"? Does that relate to the questions about her initial testimony and video? ... conflicting testimony?
    "flawed procedure" in terms of the photo lineup and how it was used with Gracie.

Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    "flawed procedure" in terms of the photo lineup and how it was used with Gracie.
    I believe they got by with this because NC didn't implement the standard of showing eyewitnesses 6 photo line-ups until after this crime was investigated.

They still could have done it at any time along the way though. I think it illustrates how the case hangs together by threads. It just doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine05 View Post
    I believe they got by with this because NC didn't implement the standard of showing eyewitnesses 6 photo line-ups until after this crime was investigated.

They still could have done it at any time along the way though. I think it illustrates how the case hangs together by threads. It just doesn't work.
    I wasn't aware the standard was implemented after the fact but it still makes no sense to allow it even then. The standard was implemented for a good reason. A real Catch-22, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    I think the prosecution wanted her to look more credible in the second trial. Looks can be deceiving.
    I know that the state said they would talk to the Jurors from Trial 1 to find out where they went wrong. I am thinking they were told there wasn't enough evidence, so in Trial 2, they added the daycare stuff, more insurance stuff, etc.
    I don't have a clue if Gracie was mentioned at all or how she figured into their deliberations.
    Last edited by JusticeFever; 05-10-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Can we discuss the carpet fiber evidence? I hadn't realized that investigators searched for Hampton Inn carpet fibers in the Birchleaf home. No fibers were found. How did JY get to MY, and walk around in the house without transferring any fibers?

I believe they did the reverse as well and searched for Birchleaf fibers at the Hampton Inn - none found.

So, did JY wear booties and if so, why did he have to dispose of his shoes and how did he leave footprints near the body as I'm sure the booties would have interfered with the shoe imprint.

Or, how did he step in blood and not transfer it to his car?

Sent from your mom's smartphone

Another question - How exactly does the State theory account for two different shoe prints? Thinking that this was a "rage" killing gone awry since his intent was to strangle her but the fight escalated things and it ended up being bloody. Would he have anticipated that there would be blood and he would need to stage two shoe prints?

Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    Or, how did he step in blood and not transfer it to his car?

Right, they will say that he could have changed his shoes, disposed of the bloody stuff before getting in the car.

Also, I wonder if they ever tested the blood on MY's clothing and the pillows and floor area to see if another blood type was identified as the killer may have bled too.

Another question - How exactly does the State theory account for two different shoe prints? Thinking that this was a "rage" killing gone awry since his intent was to strangle her but the fight escalated things and it ended up being bloody. Would he have anticipated that there would be blood and he would need to stage two shoe prints?
    I've already explained this in the other thread. JY wore one pair of shoes in his feet and one pair on his hands and walked around the crime scene on all fours.

Thanks to you JY, Michelle will never spend another Mother's Day with Cassidy and Rylan.

I'm hoping and praying you never, ever "see the light of day!" You slaughtered your precious wife and son without mercy.......you deserve the same.

RIP Michelle.....justice for you and Rylan!

Quote Originally Posted by tarheellvr View Post
    Thanks to you JY, Michelle will never spend another Mother's Day with Cassidy and Rylan.

I'm hoping and praying you never, ever "see the light of day!" You slaughtered your precious wife and son without mercy.......you deserve the same.

RIP Michelle.....justice for you and Rylan!
    Well, right now he's innocent until proven innocent again.

Can we discuss the carpet fiber evidence? I hadn't realized that investigators searched for Hampton Inn carpet fibers in the Birchleaf home. No fibers were found. How did JY get to MY, and walk around in the house without transferring any fibers?

I believe they did the reverse as well and searched for Birchleaf fibers at the Hampton Inn - none found.

So, did JY wear booties and if so, why did he have to dispose of his shoes and how did he leave footprints near the body as I'm sure the booties would have interfered with the shoe imprint.
    I recall that police purchased something for checking carpets. I wonder if that was so that they could look at carpet fibres. If they did a complete search of the house with a machine that was purchased specifically to collect fibres from the floor, then I think that should be presented in the next trial.

Of course there were no fibers or blood at the Hampton Inn.....the clothes, shoes, gloves obviously had blood on them after he viciously murdered Michelle. When JY hosed off in the back yard (where the hose was left running so all blood evidence would be diluted and washed away in the ensuing next 8 hours), he put all his clothes, shoes, gloves in trash bags(which he forgot to put away in his hurry to leave and left on kitchen counter) and somewhere between here and there, he disposed of him. This explains the lack of blood in his vehicle.......he was clean, dressed in clean pants, shirt, shoes, socks.

JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE & RYLAN

Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast