714 users online (124 members and 590 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Andrew Stubbs, 51, Palm Springs, 4 May 2014

Andrew "Andy" Stubbs

Palm Springs Police looking for missing person -
    Andy Stubbs has been missing since May 4th.

The Palm Springs Police Department is currently investigating a missing person identified as Andrew "Andy" Stubbs. Stubbs was last seen with friends on May 4th. Police say the circumstances of his disappearance are not known at this time. His vehicle is not missing and there is nothing to indicate that he has left the Palm Springs area.
    http://www.kesq.com/news/palm-spring...erson/25912852
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but based on that article I have to wonder how do they even know he's missing? His vehicle isn't missing, nothing indicates he left the area, and circumstances are unknown. I'm not saying he isn't missing, I'm just confused on why they think he is. Did he miss work? Was he supposed to meet up with those same friends and then didn't? Is there someone he usually sees or talks to daily who is worried? Strange story.

Quote Originally Posted by nikb View Post
    Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but based on that article I have to wonder how do they even know he's missing? His vehicle isn't missing, nothing indicates he left the area, and circumstances are unknown. I'm not saying he isn't missing, I'm just confused on why they think he is. Did he miss work? Was he supposed to meet up with those same friends and then didn't? Is there someone he usually sees or talks to daily who is worried? Strange story.
    You're right, Nikb, that's a strange article. Maybe that information was edited out of the article for lack of space or something? It is weird.
    We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

I have the same questions. I work about a mile away and drive by this area daily as I enter Palm Springs via the 111. We have lots of problems with drug addicts and transients. This area is the outskirts of Palm Springs, not the ritzy part. I don't know if there is a lot of crime or not, though. I actually live in another town and commute a fair distance. He looks pretty darn good for being 51!

Quote Originally Posted by dulcinea View Post
    I have the same questions. I work about a mile away and drive by this area daily as I enter Palm Springs via the 111. We have lots of problems with drug addicts and transients. This area is the outskirts of Palm Springs, not the ritzy part. I don't know if there is a lot of crime or not, though. I actually live in another town and commute a fair distance. He looks pretty darn good for being 51!
    BBM agreed! I kept thinking I was commenting on the wrong thread because I thought he was maybe 35 tops, so when the pic popped up I was second guessing myself. Which brings up a new question for me... is this an old picture, or does he just 'age' really well?
    We do have a friend who's around 50 and regularly mistaken for 25ish so I know it happens, but is that the case for Andy? Or is this an old picture?

I wish there was more info in this case.

This news is a week old, but the most recent info I could find:

http://www.kesq.com/news/mans-body-f...rings/26029806

The body of a man believed to be that of a man missing from Palm Springs was discovered Friday night. Sources close to the Stubbs family tell CBS Local 2/KESQ it was discovered in the Avalon community, adjacent to the community where 51-year old Andrew Stubbs lived.

Police say it happened about 7:00. They received a 9-1-1 call from a friend of Stubbs, alerting them to a body in a vacant lot in the 400 block of E. San Rafael.

The coroner's office will make a final determination, but police say the body is likely that of Stubbs.

Per the Find Andrew Stubbs FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...42437675957690

No official ID yet because Andy's dentist is out of the country and cannot provide dental records to the ME until he returns, but personal effects found with the remains did belong to Andy.