...the case of the purloined PDA...

cappuccina

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OK...this sounds "far out", but stay with me for a minute on this, folks...

Suppose right after Janet's murder Raven "cleaned up" and sold his old PDA, and soon after bought another one, onto which he transferred some of his "old" but nonincriminating info....Sound crazy? It may not be....While surfing the web for more "pocketpcguy"-related items, I came across this site:

pdaPhoneHome.com

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=590266

(threads where he announces he is selling his PDA, and ins interested in buying 2 more...)

"pocket pcguy", who registered on May7, 2005, immediately posts that he is selling his PDA, and is also very interesting in buying two other used ones 4-5 days later...

The person buying his PDA would probably not connect it with this case because of the dismal lack of media coverage, especially if they were in another part of the country. Also, Raven would probably figure that he could get away with this, since the transactions would have occurred soon after the murder, and the police, not realizing what he was up to, would have a hard time tracking all of this down, or would not even realize that this was not his original PDA...

(...perhaps he did this type of "cleanup" with his other computers as well...)

cappuccina said:
OK...this sounds "far out", but stay with me for a minute on this, folks...

Suppose right after Janet's murder Raven "cleaned up" and sold his old PDA, and soon after bought another one, onto which he transferred some of his "old" but nonincriminating info....Sound crazy? It may not be....While surfing the web for more "pocketpcguy"-related items, I came across this site:

pdaPhoneHome.com

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=590266

(threads where he announces he is selling his PDA, and ins interested in buying 2 more...)

"pocket pcguy", who registered on May7, 2005, immediately posts that he is selling his PDA, and is also very interesting in buying two other used ones 4-5 days later...

The person buying his PDA would probably not connect it with this case because of the dismal lack of media coverage, especially if they were in another part of the country. Also, Raven would probably figure that he could get away with this, since the transactions would have occurred soon after the murder, and the police, not realizing what he was up to, would have a hard time tracking all of this down, or would not even realize that this was not his original PDA...

(...perhaps he did this type of "cleanup" with his other computers as well...)
this is a GREAT find. Please, send to the tips email for LE or have golfmom do it!! We need to track down the buyer!

It would be a good way to get rid of it. However, because of the ebay references I didn't think it was him on that site. The ebay auction referenced http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5772899143 shows the seller to be registered since 1999 with perfect feedback and located in NY. He/she also buys and sells all kinds of this type of stuff.

He may be craftier than I thought though and I just bought into a bunch of lies.

I was looking at these pocketpcguy searches just the other day. To be honest, as weird as it may sound, I'm not convinced that the person who posts of those PDA thread, or, on those geocaching threads, is indeed OUR pocketpcguy.

If you look at those threads, some are signed with the user calling himself "Brian." And some others on different boards, with a user signing posts as "Ed" (this was on some TiVo board I think). And I remember on one of those boards the member gave his location as Hawaii I think.

So, it may be POSSIBLE that there are people with the "pocketpcguy" user name, that have no real affiliation with pocketpcguy.com

I know it might all seem too coincidental... Just my thoughts...

(Of course, with all of the other names associated with Raven, he might also be known to some as "Brian" or "Ed", and could have easily fabricated a life in Hawaii!)

SouthEastSleuth said:
I was looking at these pocketpcguy searches just the other day. To be honest, as weird as it may sound, I'm not convinced that the person who posts of those PDA thread, or, on those geocaching threads, is indeed OUR pocketpcguy.

If you look at those threads, some are signed with the user calling himself "Brian." And some others on different boards, with a user signing posts as "Ed" (this was on some TiVo board I think). And I remember on one of those boards the member gave his location as Hawaii I think.

So, it may be POSSIBLE that there are people with the "pocketpcguy" user name, that have no real affiliation with pocketpcguy.com

I know it might all seem too coincidental... Just my thoughts...

(Of course, with all of the other names associated with Raven, he might also be known to some as "Brian" or "Ed", and could have easily fabricated a life in Hawaii!)
Yeah but the timing of those posts seem so close to the days after Janet died :(

Edited to add: and to the days when we all started the heavy duty sleuthing here to get this case as its own forum... (and Ibet he reads here too)

The geocaching guy also refers to his wife Karen and names a nephew and a goddaughter. I don't think Raven is organized enough to keep up with multiple lives though he does state on his VX boards that he travels a lot for work.

newkid said:
The geocaching guy also refers to his wife Karen and names a nephew and a goddaughter. I don't think Raven is organized enough to keep up with multiple lives though he does state on his VX boards that he travels a lot for work.

I never did find any confirmation one way or another, but it looked like an interest that would appeal to both Janet and Raven ... the mountain bikes; pictures of them hiking; off-road vehicles, etc.

Huh, I just noticed that the post on the geocaching board http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=0a710e76-b1a0-4057-8f8f-578d682dc063&log=y&decrypt= also has a link for that pocketpcguy's website. It's http://www.destroyerworld.com/

He also has pictures posted of him and his bird http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?IID=33779453-4e46-422c-8f16-5029824a0d8a&LID=179126

After thinking about this, you guys have probably already seen this, forgive me if I'm restating information.

newkid said:
Huh, I just noticed that the post on the geocaching board http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=0a710e76-b1a0-4057-8f8f-578d682dc063&log=y&decrypt= also has a link for that pocketpcguy's website. It's http://www.destroyerworld.com/

He also has pictures posted of him and his bird http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?IID=33779453-4e46-422c-8f16-5029824a0d8a&LID=179126

After thinking about this, you guys have probably already seen this, forgive me if I'm restating information.
Good find newkid. I, for one, had NOT seen the post with a picture of the guy. I really do think we can rule out an connection to the geocaching thing at least..

Excellent job! We can check that off the list of possible areas to investigate!
:blowkiss:

cappuccina said:
WHAT??? I wonder if LE knew that he still had an old PDA??? So he's been online adding friends at MySpace, selling & buying PDA's ... wouldn't LE have asked about the PDA? Wouldn't they have advised him to turn it in should it reappear?

JerseyGirl said:
WHAT??? I wonder if LE knew that he still had an old PDA??? So he's been online adding friends at MySpace, selling & buying PDA's ... wouldn't LE have asked about the PDA? Wouldn't they have advised him to turn it in should it reappear?

This has not been absolutely confirmed as Raven. The ebay link shows a guy that it looks like has no connection to Raven.

cappuccina said:
Also, Raven would probably figure that he could get away with this, since the transactions would have occurred soon after the murder, and the police, not realizing what he was up to, would have a hard time tracking all of this down, or would not even realize that this was not his original PDA...
Especially since if he bought used ones, there would be older files on there to prove that it isn't brand new so as not to throw up red flags.

SouthEastSleuth said:
Darn, I was so excited over this find!

SouthEastSleuth said:
Good find newkid. I, for one, had NOT seen the post with a picture of the guy. I really do think we can rule out an connection to the geocaching thing at least..
I'm missing something. Didn't we find posts by Raven in that geocaching site? Or was that pocketpcguy that's in this link? Are we sure that Raven wasn't a part of this?

SouthEastSleuth said:
Google's relatively new email service. SOMEWHAT like yahoo or hotmail.
So, it could be the same guy or completely different people using the same email service and just a coincidence in names?

JerseyGirl said:
I'm missing something. Didn't we find posts by Raven in that geocaching site? Or was that pocketpcguy that's in this link? Are we sure that Raven wasn't a part of this?

Yes, but we had absolutely no proof-positive that it was Raven. It was completely unconfirmed.

We almost need to start a new system here since there is so much online information. Like if we know something as a fact we put CONFIRMED or UNCONFIRMED if we aren't 100% sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back