Recovered/Located MD - Megan Sweeney, 26, Ocean City, 13 July 2012

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Megan Marie Sweeney
Original.jpg

Deputies Seek Information on Missing Woman -

Megan Marie Sweeney, 26, was last seen by family members in June, 2012. The family stated Sweeney left the Washington County area after learning she was wanted by Law Enforcement. According to the sheriff's office, the family advised it is unusual for Sweeney to go this amount of time without contacting them, so they are concerned for her welfare.

http://www.your4state.com/story/d/s...on-missing-woman/29442/6bHMcbFVSEWFo4uDycndBA

Says she's 5'3" and 130 lbs. I assume that's what she was when she was last seen nearly two years ago. Also has brown hair, which also could have been changed. I can appreciate how worried the family must be .... hope they get some news.

Kind of freaked when I found a FindAGrave listing for this name who died in 2012 -- turned out to be a 48-year-old woman from New Hampshire, no relation at all.

It says she left town when she find out she had a warrant for her arrest. The date of her disappearance is when she had been arrested and charged with multiples offenses. She posted bail and left.

It's been four years since. I'm hoping this is just a Michelle McMullen type of situation where they are just on the run, hiding and avoiding charges, but alive and not like Bradyn Fuksa where they killed themselves.

The part that was left out is that the guy she was with has a long history of violence towards women. She never posted bail and was just released. Megan left her mother and daughter behind. It's now been 41/2 years of no leads, nothing at all. She didn't have a warrant until she didn't show up for court in Dececmber 2012. She just vanished in July 2012.

Now in Charley Project: Megan Marie Sweeney – The Charley Project

• megan_marie_sweeney_1.jpg
  • megan_marie_sweeney_2.jpg
  • megan_marie_sweeney_3.jpg
  • megan_marie_sweeney_4.jpg

Sweeney, circa 2012

• Missing Since07/08/2012
  • Missing FromOcean City, Maryland
  • ClassificationMissing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Age24 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3, 120 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Sweeney has a tattoo of a fairy on her left calf and a tattoo of a red-haired fairy on her back. She has a scar on her left shoulder and a scar under her chin. Her lip and tongue are pierced and her ears are pierced multiple times. She may use the last name Powers.
Details of Disappearance
Sweeney was last seen by her family in Ocean City, Maryland sometime during June 2012. She left the area after learning she was wanted by the police. Sweeney's family never heard from her again.

On July 8 of that year, she was arrested in Frederick County, Maryland and charged with theft of a motor vehicle, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, theft of less than $1,000 and theft of less than $10,000. She and a male companion had allegedly stolen a van.

Sweeney posted $10,000 bond and was released the same day; this is the last sign of her. When she failed to appear in court, a warrant was issued for her arrest on October 17. Her family reported her missing in May 2014, almost two years after they last saw her, stating it was uncharacteristic of her to be out of touch with them for this long and they were concerned.

Authorities believe Sweeney may have traveled to Georgia or Florida after her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

With the help of one of her former friends I was able to locate Megan in Ohio. This case has been resolved thanks to our tips to police and their response.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back