GUILTY IL - Ariel Hunter, 1, raped & murdered, Chicago, 3 June 2005

Timex

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
CHICAGO -- A Cook County judge denied bail for a 20-year-old man accused of killing his girlfriend's 1-year-old daughter over candy.

Cook County Assistant State's Attorney Doug Harvath said Clifford Roberts allegedly beat and suffocated Ariel Hunter and then sexually assaulted her on Friday.

Harvath said Roberts told police he beat Hunter because she ate candy without permission.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/4571839/de...tml=chi_7am&tmi=chi_7am_1_07050106062005&ts=H

OMG! Unfreakinbelievable!! A 1 yr old baby??!! :(

What a !!! :furious:

I just don't even know where to begin . . . :(

When was the last time you heard of a 1 year old baby asking permission for anything? When was the last time you heard of sexually assaulting a child an appropriate form of punishment?

Only in sick-twisted-ba$tards minds does this logic work. :furious:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...697.story?coll=chi-newslocalnearnorthwest-hed
Clifford Roberts, 20, who was on parole for two drug-related convictions, is accused of tossing Ariel Hunter into the air, repeatedly punching her in the abdomen and then suffocating her by pressing his hand over her nose and mouth, said Cook County Assistant State's Atty. Doug Harvath.

Calling the girl's death "exceptionally brutal and heinous," Harvath asked the judge to deny bail and noted that Roberts would be eligible for the death penalty if convicted. He is charged with first-degree murder and predatory criminal sexual assault.

I suppose it was his candy he was so mad about? I think the murders of children are getting so much worse, and the excuses they use are ludicrious.
While I don't believe there is any excuse for the murder of a child, at least I can manage to generate some understanding of the circumstances when they say it is for continuous crying, or rebellion or something like that. Frustration at the wrong time can lead to violence. That doesn't excuse violence, but it does add to my understanding.
But because she ate candy?
And this type of thing is happening more and more, and so many times there is a history of drug abuse involved.

:furious: :furious: :mad: :mad: Where the hell was the mother? :furious: :furious: :mad: :mad: :furious: :furious: :mad: :mad: I've been bashed for saying this before, but women need to be much more selective of the men they bring into their homes, ESPECIALLY when they have children under the same roof!!! :furious: :furious: :mad: :mad:

IdahoMom said:
:furious: :furious: :mad: :mad: Where the hell was the mother? :furious: :furious: :mad: :mad: :furious: :furious: :mad: :mad: I've been bashed for saying this before, but women need to be much more selective of the men they bring into their homes, ESPECIALLY when they have children under the same roof!!! :furious: :furious: :mad: :mad:
I agree completely!!!

I'm really sick of hearing about this sort of thing!!
I know that there are sick people out there that Don't have
a criminal record, or a history of abuse.. But those that
do should NOT be allowed into our homes with our children.

disgusting, and it makes me so angry

Idaho Mom:
No one should bash you for stating what is just common sense. I have argued repeatedly that women need to not only be selective, but actually keep men out of their homes and away from their kids until they are absolutely certain the guy is okay, after a few years of dating. More children are abused at the hands of stepparents than can be imagined. In the wild, male animals kill the non-related young of the female they want to mate with so that they can impregnate the female with their own offspring. I don' t think we humans are so far off. However, I think in this case the creep just got angry when he tried to sexually assault the poor baby and she was not a willing particpant. He should be taken out to the barn and shot.

There is just no excuse. What is wrong with these people?!?!?! - animals treat their young better than some humans. Poor baby.

Yakwoman

There just seems to be so much senseless rage in the world these days....:(

IdahoMom said:

OMG who could possibly bash you??????

A Mother's JOB is to PROTECT her child(ren)-first,foremost and period.........and that means exactly like you said being selective over who is around their kids.

It takes a SECOND...seriously.

I had a case where the little girl was RAPED in the 5-10 minutes the Mom left the room to go change clothes.Mom left her girl (4 years old btw) with her "new friend".
Turns out the "friend"(who she met in a bar a week before) was a sexual predator.

I thank God Im not a single Mom but if I were Id be celibate-no joke.No strange Man is worth more to me than my four babies.

Idaho Mom:

I completly agree with you a 100%. Not only the men women date, but who they are friends with, who visits their home, who watches their children.

Long overdue, that people should put their children over their own personal enjoyment.

At least this time they are also charging the "mother".

"The boy's 28-year-old mother, Joyce Lynn Veal, found her younger son on a mattress making a gurgling sound and bleeding from the nose. She had left the boys with Baker after the two argued the day before, authorities said.
Veal has been charged with homicide by child abuse because prosecutors said she knew her sons were being severely abused and did nothing about it."
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/11831690.htm

messiecake said:
OMG who could possibly bash you??????

A Mother's JOB is to PROTECT her child(ren)-first,foremost and period.........and that means exactly like you said being selective over who is around their kids.

It takes a SECOND...seriously.

I had a case where the little girl was RAPED in the 5-10 minutes the Mom left the room to go change clothes.Mom left her girl (4 years old btw) with her "new friend".
Turns out the "friend"(who she met in a bar a week before) was a sexual predator.

I thank God Im not a single Mom but if I were Id be celibate-no joke.No strange Man is worth more to me than my four babies.

As a parent (single or otherwise), the safety of your kids MUST come first. Anyone who argues that point (or bashes you for it) is just selfish, and shouldn't be a parent.

Sadly, there are a lot of people like that.

IdahoMom said:
The article also states "He was out on parole for two drug-related convictions at the time of Hunter's death."

So the mother must of left her baby with someone who had something to do with drugs (either the use or the selling of drugs). That would not be my choice of a babysitter.

This puts a new light on all the chocolate jokes. I always thought they were just that jokes--I guess not.

Poor little Baby!!!!!
:(
Over candy???
Candy???
:mad:

Love,

Ariel

IdahoMom said:
I agree. If I were a single mom I would not have a date over to my house unless it was group situation and only after I had been dating him for awhile. Oh, and after I had searched EVERY SINGLE available website that lists sexual predators! There is just too much information available out there for some of these women to put themselves and their kids in this position. :furious:

sharon25 said:
At least this time they are also charging the "mother".

"The boy's 28-year-old mother, Joyce Lynn Veal, found her younger son on a mattress making a gurgling sound and bleeding from the nose. She had left the boys with Baker after the two argued the day before, authorities said.
Veal has been charged with homicide by child abuse because prosecutors said she knew her sons were being severely abused and did nothing about it."
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/11831690.htm
Good for them.:woohoo: There are too many cases where the woman (I cannot call them Mothers) bears some of the responsiblity for what happens to her kids, but she's the grieving mother and nothing is done.

That's what I'm talkin' about Messicake and curious 1! I think too often having a man in her life is more important to a woman than her children's very lives. Think Susan Smith and Diane Downs (who stabbed her three kids, one to death). The problem is that too many people just should not be parents. They do not think the way the parents on this site think: That protecting and loving one's children is one's purpose in life. But, if you look at this poor baby's life, it's probably even worse than that; much worse that the countless women who put their relationships above their children, exposing them to danger. This poor little baby likely never stood a chance, the creepy monster step-father aside. I bet you will find poverty, drug use and neglect there. That's why mom was dating a drug addict and convict to begin with. I'm just sick of it. Leave the kids alone! If you don't want them, don't care about them, dislike them, want to be free, can't be bothered to take care fo them properly, DON'T BLOODY HAVE THEM! Birth control works, damn it! Or tie your damn tubes! I'm sick of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back