GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleuthster

Verified - friend of Wendy Huggy
Reaction score
Website
cynthiaparrott.blogspot.com
Because they where being mouthy! This is just sick:maddening:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...astating-double-homicide-in-new-tampa/1148176

TAMPA — Julie Schenecker was sick of her teenage children talking back to her, police say, so on Saturday she bought a pistol and planned their murder and her suicide.
She shot her 13-year-old son after driving him home from soccer practice at 7 p.m. Thursday. Then she walked upstairs and shot her 16-year-old daughter in the back of the head as she did homework, an arrest affidavit states.
With their blood on her clothing, she remained in the Tampa Palms house all night. Police didn't arrive until the next morning, after Schenecker's mother called them from Texas, worried because she couldn't reach her daughter, whom she believed was depressed.
Schenecker admitted to killing her children, police said. She showed no remorse.
Authorities charged her with two counts of first-degree murder.
They're not satisfied with her explanation. Police spokeswoman Laura McElroy wouldn't even refer to it as a motive.
"She did tell us that they talked back and they were mouthy," she said.
Neighbors said they've seen police cars at the home at 16305 Royal Park Court before, although not often. The Department of Children and Families confirmed it investigated the family about two months ago, but the case was unfounded and closed. Spokesman Terry Field said he couldn't provide more details.

Thread#1 Thread#2
Thread#3 Thread#4

images

guacamole-and-chips.jpg

Please continue here

IMO, this MD has given a great tutorial on BiPolar Disorder I. IMO, he has really shed a lot of light on JS treatment and symptoms. If you only take his version at this point in time, it makes sense to me. JMO, IMOO

After seeing this guy's testimony for the defense, I am reminded of my favorite line from the movie The Cider House Rules, when Dr. Larch says, "He's a g*d***d psychiatrist--of course he wants to help!"

:floorlaugh:

IMO, despite the State emphasizing the ETOH abuse as cause, ETOH had relatively little to do with the murders of her children. IMOO, the ETOH abuse was a symptom of her mental illness, as was the gambling. JS is very, very ill. I am really glad I am not on that jury.

Abilify (Aripiprazole): Lawsuit Settlement – Serious Side Effects – NOT FDA Approved in Children and Seniors
July 17, 2008

“The allegations were that these companies not only engaged in a pattern of kickbacks and false reporting to drive up both the sales and prices for its drugs, they also encouraged health care providers to prescribe a potent drug to both children and seniors for uses that had not been approved by the FDA,”

http://psychdrugs.wordpress.com/200...cts-not-fda-approved-in-children-and-seniors/

ABCActionNewsCourt ‏@actionnewscourt · 21m
PHOTO: #JulieSchenecker listening to testimony, occasionally wiping tears. #ScheneckerTrial pic.twitter.com/EFuNZRHdCC

IMO, despite the State emphasizing the ETOH abuse as cause, ETOH had relatively little to do with the murders of her children. IMOO, the ETOH abuse was a symptom of her mental illness, as was the gambling. JS is very, very ill. I am really glad I am not on that jury.

I concur!

Can she be found Guilty but insane? In the State of Florida?

He needed to explain all the planning and the entries in her journal such as "Saturday night massacre". Plus, the need to "get" PS. Revenge killing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would be interested if she was taking these as prescribed or if she was cheeking them which is a big problem with MI because many don't want to take them because they are paranoid and delusional that they are being poisoned. I've seen this a lot with the patients in and out of psych hospitals.

Only to know for sure if drs were monitoring blood .

Yep. In the end, it's going to come down to the legal definition the jury was given at the start of trial.

I wonder if when she shot through the windshield and Beau in the van that she made sure no cars or pedestrians were anywhere close to hear the shots.

Was it at a signal or while driving?

If she waited till it was clear then she knew "right from wrong"

Maybe it was in a rural area. I can't even text and drive much less be shooting my child.

The one thing that kept her from committing suicide is that she didn't want to leave her children alone.

She also feared they would be abused or have other horrible things happen to her like she did.

Until 2009, she had a great relationship w/ both kids. A soul mate with Calyx. Father would provide guidance and structure -- both parents complemented each other in their parenting style.

She bought the gun to kill herself. Once she got it, the idea of taking the kids with her began to come about.

She didn't commit suicide due to mixed feelings.

Can she be found Guilty but insane? In the State of Florida?

No. The M'Naghten Rule is used in Florida. So the only options are Guilty or Not Guilty due to Insanity.

Side note: Judge back on stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member