MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
ht_jacob_wetterling2_091021_mn.jpg

11-year-old Jacob Wetterling was riding bicycles with his brother and a friend in St. Joseph, Minnesota on October 22, 1989 when they were approached by an unknown man with a gun. The man let the other boys go, but grabbed Jacob and walked away with him. Jacob has never been heard from again.

Jacob on NamUs
NCMEC
Charley Project
Facebook
AMW
Jacob Wetterling Resource Center - http://www.jwrc.org/

Jacob Wetterling SAR and Map Thread - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, 22 Oct 1989 ***MEDIA THREAD***NO DISCUSSION***

MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, 22 Oct 1989 ***CASE FACTS***NO DISCUSSION***

MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

I am not a professional in those areas, so thank you the answers. Have a good day people.

I'm not convinces that the abductor did not abduct Jacob to sell him into a ring, thus he wouldn't have to be gay, only a sociopath.

Also, as pointed out a number of times, pedophilia has nothing to do with heterosexuality, bisexuality or homosexuality. Pedophiles are attracted to children, some have types they are mainly attracted to but will deviate from that as well. Some pedophiles are attracted to both male and female children; it is a sexual disorder.

Hi. I have been following this forum for about 6 months and thought I would chime in
I have lived in MN my whole life and remember this case like yesterday. It has eaten away at me for years. I think that there probably isn't a connection in any of the cases in this area. There were sex offenders living freely all over St. Joseph, St. Cloud and St. Johns. It was a crime of opportunity and there is a POI who had opportunity. I don't know why Joy gave him a pass just because she talked to him. There just needs to be a direct evidence connection to bring him in. All in my opinion.

welcome mogren. Do you have any insights?

ONE thing I would like to say....reading the past few days posts I've noticed a vigorous debate....that's a good thing. So vigorous I've had trouble keeping up. I think it's important to keep that going. Don't worry who's right or wrong...just keep it going.

I've been looking at shergal's post #952...the 'dug in footprint'. And comparing that to ELOCsoul's post #969 stating that essentially Kevin's tires passed right by Jacob's dug in footprint (which I agreed). And yet...these footprints stop abruptly. This doesn't make any sense. If you study that picture, you'll see 2 sets of footprints: 1 set resembles Jacob's tennis shoes(see St Autumn's pics). The other set is striated lines. There's clearly 2 sets of footprints. If Kevin's car passed by after the abduction, then why the abrupt ending of footprints?

ht_jacob_wetterling2_091021_mn.jpg

11-year-old Jacob Wetterling was riding bicycles with his brother and a friend in St. Joseph, Minnesota on October 22, 1989 when they were approached by an unknown man with a gun. The man let the other boys go, but grabbed Jacob and walked away with him. Jacob has never been heard from again.

Jacob on NamUs
NCMEC
Charley Project
Facebook
AMW
Jacob Wetterling Resource Center - http://www.jwrc.org/

Jacob Wetterling SAR and Map Thread - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, 22 Oct 1989 ***MEDIA THREAD***NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, 22 Oct 1989 ***CASE FACTS***NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Previous threads:

sorry to say this...but that 'adult, time progressed' picture of Jacob doesn't do him justice-it's NOT him. The ACTUAL picture of Jacob in his yellow sweater is more than enough to keep us going.

ONE thing I would like to say....reading the past few days posts I've noticed a vigorous debate....that's a good thing. So vigorous I've had trouble keeping up. I think it's important to keep that going. Don't worry who's right or wrong...just keep it going.

This is a crime solving forum, every avenue and alleyway needs to be explored and talked about. Unfortunately, I feel as though if your not educated enough in your opinion, you will be chastised for it. That's not ok, people are of all levels of intelligence and nothing anyone says is "stupid". Each person here is special and has something to offer in one way or another.

I'm anxious to see the story that WCCO is going to show. I'm so glad this case is back in the news and getting some attention. Twenty-five years is way too long - this needs to be solved. Thank you to Joy and everyone else that helped stir the pot!

sasquatch, I feel we value everyone's input here. But when inflammatory statements against a large group of people are posted, you will most likely get pushback. I do feel in today's day and age, that we need to watch what we say publicly towards people with a different sexual orientation. Especially when you have friends and relatives who belong to that group. It is a sensitive subject. I am sorry if I seemed touchy.

We have to remember it is a public forum and a lot of people read it. The more information you have to back up your opinion or statement, the better.

I would like it if Bessie would bring her info over. That was really good info.

And thank you JBrown for that reply re people who are gay

I'm anxious to see the story that WCCO is going to show. I'm so glad this case is back in the news and getting some attention. Twenty-five years is way too long - this needs to be solved. Thank you to Joy and everyone else that helped stir the pot!

It's also airing as a two-part series, so it would seem that there is a significant amount of information to get out to the public.

although I do find it slightly unusual that DR is single and living at home with mom and dad, I do know several people his age doing the same thing- never had a partner and don't seem to want to look for one. Not sure if they are closeted gay or straight, or just super shy and can't get up the nerve. It's none of my business because they seem happy. More and more people create a fantasy world online nowadays and are content with living with their parents not striking out on their own. Maybe DR does the same thing. It IS my business and wrong if someone (any adult) is trolling for real children to include in the fantasy. That's where it crosses the line.

If you (generally speaking) don't have time to read the entire article (it's a bit long), it might be a good idea to at least take note of the article's conclusion:

Conclusion
The empirical research does not show that gay or bisexual men are any more likely than heterosexual men to molest children. This is not to argue that homosexual and bisexual men never molest children. But there is no scientific basis for asserting that they are more likely than heterosexual men to do so. And, as explained above, many child molesters cannot be characterized as having an adult sexual orientation at all; they are fixated on children.

Joy seems to have ruled DR out. Does she have anything to back this or is it strictly based on Jared ruling him out in his case? She interviewed DR also, but shouldn't rule him out just because she talked to him.

I am very happy that Jareds case is in the news and maybe it will help, but it won't help Jacobs case unless they are connected. Cold Springs was another town full of pedophiles during this time. I have done a bit of research on the pedophile priests on Mn and that history and the whole state was under attack. The priests didn't even try to hide some of the abuse so any sex offender may not even try to be sneaky about grabbing a kid.

You are right NMogren, Joy does seem to believe that DR had nothing to do with it. I hope she doesn't completely rule him out though. Especially since he is a LE POI for reasons unknown (unless it was the dogs). NMogren, the research on the priests is astounding, isn't it? There were so many horrible people operating in the area. I tend to believe there was some sort of group who traded stories and pictures that included the priests and other residents. But it would not be easy to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708