707 users online (66 members and 641 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Family battling Children’s Hospital to bring teen home for Christmas #2

http://natmonitor.com/2013/12/21/fam...for-christmas/

It’s a parent’s worst nightmare: you no longer have custody of your child even though you feel that you’ve done everything right. Unfortunately, that nightmare has become reality for the Pelletiers. Judge Joseph Johnston recently ruled that the state should maintain custody of the couple’s 15-year-old daughter Justina, according to the Boston Globe. While the judge plans to appoint a court investigator to take another look at the case, the Pelletiers were hoping to have their daughter home for the holidays.

Justina’s case is a complicated one. Boston.com reports that Pelletier has spent most of the last ten months locked in a psychiatric ward at Boston Children’s Hospital.......more at link.....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Continue discussion here...
    Please do not bicker as it makes for unpleasant reading... thanks

Thanks Harmony2 for the baby fresh new thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Over on the FB page, Justina did go on an outing with her family and extended family ...for a birthday party & even got a pedicure!
    It's a miracle! Her feet & legs weren't blue and swollen!!! I'm also very happy to say she looks far far far removed from near death!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Over on the FB page, Justina did go on an outing with her family and extended family ...for a birthday party & even got a pedicure!
    It's a miracle! Her feet & legs weren't blue and swollen!!! I'm also very happy to say she looks far far far removed from near death!!!!

I agree she doesn't look near death, but I must have been looking on the wrong FB ? I didn't see any pics that showed her feet or legs

Quote Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
    I agree she doesn't look near death, but I must have been looking on the wrong FB ? I didn't see any pics that showed her feet or legs

"A miracle for Justina"

Photos showing off her pedicure.

"A miracle for Justina"

Photos showing off her pedicure.

Thank you. Pretty toes but I think her feet look a little puffy.

<modsnip>
    And second of all, her feet clearly look swollen.
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 05-16-2014 at 09:38 AM. Reason: unnecessary snark
    Just my opinion

Where is the pic?

her feet are definitely swollen. hope renal function tests are being done :-(

Quote Originally Posted by screecher View Post
    her feet are definitely swollen. hope renal function tests are being done :-(
    You may not realize it, but it's normal for feet to swell when you sit down for many hours on end- long car trip, office job, wheelchair, etc. Too bad no one has done her hair in a more becoming fashion, though.

what i do know (realize), is people who have compromised renal function, have swollen feet, legs. wouldn't hurt to draw some blood, test for renal function, to rule out renal failure.

Quote Originally Posted by screecher View Post
    what i do know (realize), is people who have compromised renal function, have swollen feet, legs. wouldn't hurt to draw some blood, test for renal function, to rule out renal failure.
    From what her father says, she has a heart condition and after parents lost custody she was taken off her meds for this condition (beta blocker). I agree that feet are very clearly swollen. Could be fluid retention due to heart not pumping efficiently because she was taken off the meds she needed.
    Just my opinion

Pardon me, but her family have been saying her feet are swollen for a while now.
    And the feet are clearly swollen.
    I don't know what kind of bullhorn you expect here.
    Just my opinion

Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast