Family battling Children’s Hospital to bring teen home for Christmas #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reader

Reaction score
http://natmonitor.com/2013/12/21/fa...ns-hospital-to-bring-teen-home-for-christmas/

It’s a parent’s worst nightmare: you no longer have custody of your child even though you feel that you’ve done everything right. Unfortunately, that nightmare has become reality for the Pelletiers. Judge Joseph Johnston recently ruled that the state should maintain custody of the couple’s 15-year-old daughter Justina, according to the Boston Globe. While the judge plans to appoint a court investigator to take another look at the case, the Pelletiers were hoping to have their daughter home for the holidays.

Justina’s case is a complicated one. Boston.com reports that Pelletier has spent most of the last ten months locked in a psychiatric ward at Boston Children’s Hospital.......more at link.....

Continue discussion here...
Please do not bicker as it makes for unpleasant reading... thanks

Thanks Harmony2 for the baby fresh new thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over on the FB page, Justina did go on an outing with her family and extended family ...for a birthday party & even got a pedicure!
It's a miracle! Her feet & legs weren't blue and swollen!!! I'm also very happy to say she looks far far far removed from near death!!!!

Over on the FB page, Justina did go on an outing with her family and extended family ...for a birthday party & even got a pedicure!
It's a miracle! Her feet & legs weren't blue and swollen!!! I'm also very happy to say she looks far far far removed from near death!!!!

I agree she doesn't look near death, but I must have been looking on the wrong FB ? I didn't see any pics that showed her feet or legs

I agree she doesn't look near death, but I must have been looking on the wrong FB ? I didn't see any pics that showed her feet or legs

"A miracle for Justina"

Photos showing off her pedicure.

<modsnip>
And second of all, her feet clearly look swollen.

her feet are definitely swollen. hope renal function tests are being done :-(

her feet are definitely swollen. hope renal function tests are being done :-(

You may not realize it, but it's normal for feet to swell when you sit down for many hours on end- long car trip, office job, wheelchair, etc. Too bad no one has done her hair in a more becoming fashion, though.

what i do know (realize), is people who have compromised renal function, have swollen feet, legs. wouldn't hurt to draw some blood, test for renal function, to rule out renal failure.

what i do know (realize), is people who have compromised renal function, have swollen feet, legs. wouldn't hurt to draw some blood, test for renal function, to rule out renal failure.

From what her father says, she has a heart condition and after parents lost custody she was taken off her meds for this condition (beta blocker). I agree that feet are very clearly swollen. Could be fluid retention due to heart not pumping efficiently because she was taken off the meds she needed.

Pardon me, but her family have been saying her feet are swollen for a while now.
And the feet are clearly swollen.
I don't know what kind of bullhorn you expect here.

It is possible to disagree without feeling the need to ridicule other posts.

Oh, and by the way, I may be an "internet followers of the case!", I'm also the sibling, spouse and parent of 6 people who are in end stage renal failure.

Like I said, it wouldn't hurt to draw some blood and test.

Pardon me, but her family have been saying her feet are swollen for a while now.

And the feet are clearly swollen.

I don't know what kind of bullhorn you expect here.

They also said she was near death, had blue legs, sepsis and tortured and harassed...

Heart and kidney failure as well. :(

Exactly. Heart failure could cause fluid retention. Her father said she has a heart condition called tachycardia (rapid heart rate) and was taking a beta blocker for it.
BCH wanted to take her off her meds and I presume they did once parents lost custody. That can have severe consequences for her health.

They also said she was near death, had blue legs, sepsis and tortured and harassed...

Ah, but, we are discussing her swollen feet. and the possible causes for them being being filled with fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100