US school provides worst bullying advice ever

That may be one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

I'm wondering who wrote this and who thought it was a good idea to send it out school-wide. Unbelievable that at least 2 people in that district are cool with this advice. Talk about bad judgement.

I have real concerns about this. The fact is, if you as a parent teach your child these tips, there's a good chance the bullies will move on to other victims who are less savvy. These steps, in fact, ARE the things socially savvy children already know and employ, and when they are "tested" by bullies the bullies move on to other victims.

This is the advice we all got from our moms - IGNORE the bullies. If you do that in the very beginning, (not after there is a period where you are an established victim, but before that happens) it does work. But it's not sound advice for an administration - just for a mom to give her own child.

So while those are sound things to teach your child, so that bullies will bother someone else and not your child, it doesn't work for a whole school. As others have mentioned it teaches the bullies that they have absolutely free reign over the campus.

Another practice in schools that really bothers me is that if a fight breaks out, BOTH kids are punished equally and the admin is too lazy to look through the history and determine who was most at fault. If you're attacked, lay there and get punched until an adult can break up the fight. Insanity.

Thud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay.. Who the heck wrote that??? A bully???

Listen I am of the school of teaching kids to be strong in who they are so they do not let others decide who they are. That kids should stand up for themselves by just not accepting the words from the bully, HOWEVER???

"treat them like they are trying to help you and they care about you?? "

Uh, No... No.. and No.

I believe we give too much power to the bullies by treating kids to be victims but this??? Is so off.

I'm wondering who wrote this and who thought it was a good idea to send it out school-wide. Unbelievable that at least 2 people in that district are cool with this advice. Talk about bad judgement.
I think a bully wrote this, it's like "don't tattle". That does nothing to end the bullying, and IS NOT the reason bulllies bully!!! I can tell them that from experience. Bullies will not stop on their own if the situation is ignored. This is cruel to the victims. GRRRR!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Just a guess, but I would guess it is a children's behavioral therapist who wrote this. Often children are relocated to a different school or district if bullying is severe, and to make that transition successful they often need help in adjusting. It's common to remove a child from a bullying situation and place them in a brand new school and within a couple months the same pattern has occurred.

There is a place for helping individual children learn to react to and avoid bullying, but a school administrative policy isn't one of those. They should proactively focus on eliminating bullying instead of teaching children how to not be the chosen victim.

Hmmm. Do I hear Bob Dylan's Idiot Wind playing in the background?

I don't care who wrote this disgusting piece of work, they need to be fired, from the author/s to those who approved of it.

#7 is indeed the most troubling. Don't tell the teacher and don't tell your parents because, because nothing, what they're really saying is we don't want a lawsuit. Off with their heads!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975
Back