1134 users online (217 members and 917 guests)  

Websleuths News

Poll: What is your opinion of the charges (vote for what you would decide)

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

Poll on charges- The state vs Julie Schenecker

vote on your opinion of the charges here

I was expecting to be in the minority, but thought the vote would be a tad closer.
    I would also vote on sending more of our tax-dollar to supporting mental health research and treatment.
    ​Blessed are they with nothing to say and the wisdom not to say it.

Teghan Alyssa Skiba - never forget.

I voted 1st degree on both. I want to see her locked up forever. I dont care how they do it really. Left out, she will strike again.
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox

I voted 1st degree for both, because I am worried she would get out and fall into the same habits as before. She might go after the one's whom convicted and tried her, or after her family and Parker. jmo

I do believe that JS has a serious MI that is difficult to treat.

1st degree murder for the murders of both children: also guilty on lesser charges---Yes JS is mentally ill but she has thwarted all her doctors efforts to help her by abusing alcohol and other drugs. Some people actually don't want to get better because they get secondary rewards from their illness. PS has taken care of his wife for years and years...she has lived in a mansion and been pampered. Than her teenage daughter mouths off to her and she kills both the kids but can't pull off her own suicide. Bull hockey. Both my daughters called me a Fu--in b as teens in their moments of teenage angst. I didn't kill them---I love them. Now they are adults and we do fine. As PS the husband said--they are the kids --you need to act like the parent. She is a murderer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I truly have some empathy for MI persons..and will not deny that Julie has many issues..including an addictive behaviors...BUT what truly stuck out in Julie's Case is the clearity of thought processes..Her ability to ACT normal when she had to..Her insistance of alienating Parker from being active in her treatment in the last year...Ive spent decades in ER with MI folks..so recognize when being "Gaslighted' versus experiencing someone in psychosis..or deluded.
    Her defense did her a dis-service blaming everyone but herself..

Just an aside note`~ Whenever I had to deal with someone in ER who was acting aggresive..delusional..or completely out of touch...There was a TELL..and that was their "EYES"...and sure enough..I was thankfully accurate..so helped me in utilizing various techniques to control and maintain their safety NOT TO MENTION MY OWN....

Julie needs help for sure..her extent of mental breakdown and inability to understand reality just wasnt credible as portrayed by Defense Experts IMO

Quote Originally Posted by LyndyLoo View Post
    While I truly have some empathy for MI persons..and will not deny that Julie has many issues..including an addictive behaviors...BUT what truly stuck out in Julie's Case is the clearity of thought processes..Her ability to ACT normal when she had to..Her insistance of alienating Parker from being active in her treatment in the last year...Ive spent decades in ER with MI folks..so recognize when being "Gaslighted' versus experiencing someone in psychosis..or deluded.
    Her defense did her a dis-service blaming everyone but herself..

Just an aside note`~ Whenever I had to deal with someone in ER who was acting aggresive..delusional..or completely out of touch...There was a TELL..and that was their "EYES"...and sure enough..I was thankfully accurate..so helped me in utilizing various techniques to control and maintain their safety NOT TO MENTION MY OWN....

Julie needs help for sure..her extent of mental breakdown and inability to understand reality just wasnt credible as portrayed by Defense Experts IMO
    Did you get a ''feel'' for JS's eyes during the trial?
    Just My Opinion