1039 users online (239 members and 800 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

TX - S/Sgt. Stephen Burpee, 31, San Angelo, 13 May 2014

Stephen Burpee

Staff Sergeant Missing Since Tuesday from Goodfellow Air Force Base -

A 31-year-old Staff Sergeant has been missing from Goodfellow Air Force Base since Tuesday evening, his family reports. Stephen Burpee went to work that afternoon and was supposed to meet with his wife Rikki Burpee for Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) training at a local gym afterwards, but he never showed up, his mother in law Cheryl Rossetto reports. Burpee’s vehicle, a blue Jeep 4X4 with Missouri plates and mud tires, is also missing, she said.
    Burpee’s last message to wife came at 2:21 p.m., she said. The message read: “I have [fire] training after work. I’ll meet you at the gym when I’m done,” she said. Mrs. Burpee has also since spoken to her husband’s coworkers, who said he was talking about going to the gym that evening over lunch. Burpee was supposed to meet with his wife shortly after 6:00 p.m., and she estimates that he should have been leaving 10-15 minutes after 6:00 because he’d forgotten his wallet at the fire academy and had to turn around and go back. That was the last time he was seen, she said.
    Never did he indicate that he would not be meeting her at the gym, Rossetto said, nor had the couple had any altercation that could explain his disappearance. “Even if he was going to cancel on her at the gym, he would have texted her,” Rossetto said. “He’s one of these guys that walks around with his phone constantly texting and there’s been absolutely not contact at all from his cell phone.”
    Wednesday morning, when Burpee still had not returned home and failed to show up to work, the military came knocking on the Burpees’ door. Steve Burpee is considered AWOL.
    http://sanangelolive.com/news/2014-0...air-force-base
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

'In 2013, Burpee had experimented with a wide variety of drugs over a short span of time, his wife explained. During that same time frame he was having suicidal thoughts and began seeing a psychiatrist and committed himself to the army substance abuse program. She said that he graduated the program in August and to the best of her knowledge has not used since he completed the program. He hasn’t mentioned any suicidal tendencies in well over a year, she said'
    From San Angelo Live link above.

I went to high school school and church with Steve and his family when we were growing up. Haven't seen him in years but damn... In all my years of working with missing persons, I've never NEVER had one be someone I know. This is a bit surreal.

He has family in Idaho. Don't know if he'd go there but that's where he's from.

Has anyone thought to contact Jeep clubs in the area? The Jeep community if he was part of it can be pretty tight knit.
    Waiting for Ali to return.

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    from the article:
    Burbee (spelled wrong) was reported missing about 3 p.m. after not reporting for duty.
    I wonder why his wife didn't report him missing on Tues when he didn't meet her at the gym or come home at all that day.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky181 View Post
    from the article:

I wonder why his wife didn't report him missing on Tues when he didn't meet her at the gym or come home at all that day.
    The other article says she did.

His wife Rikki has since filed a missing persons report and has spent tireless hours conducting her own search, Rossetto said.

Early reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    The other article says she did.

Early reporting.
    It says she has since filed....
    Since what or since when? Since the military came or since he didn't show up at the gym?

Wednesday morning, when Burpee still had not returned home and failed to show up to work, the military came knocking on the Burpees’ door. Steve Burpee is considered AWOL.
    His wife Rikki has since filed a missing persons report and has spent tireless hours conducting her own search, Rossetto said.
    http://sanangelolive.com/news/san-an...air-force-base

Goodfellow [Air Force Base] said Burpee was reported missing about 3 p.m. after not reporting for duty.
    http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2014.../local_briefs/

I'm confused on the wording. IMO he was supposed to work Wed morning, didn't show up and his wife filed the missing person report at 3pm on Wed. I'm not sure if that is correct though.
    I wonder if she was searching for him on Tues evening.

I bet she was making calls and looking for him Tuesday and was waiting to see if he showed up at work the next day and then she would figure out why he didn't want to come home? Just thinking/typing outloud.

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaL View Post
    I bet she was making calls and looking for him Tuesday and was waiting to see if he showed up at work the next day and then she would figure out why he didn't want to come home? Just thinking/typing outloud.
    That would make sense. Especially with the trouble he's had, and they've had, in the past.

None of his family has heard from him. I hope he just needed to get away for a break.

The past drug use/suicidal thoughts are extremely worrying. I really hope he is just off somewhere recharging.

Just wanted to share 2 other pics of Steve. A bit older, but still.
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://sanangelolive.com/news/san-an...air-force-base

There's a comment under this article from someone who says they are his wife. She states she looked over her husband's call log and saw he had called another soldier, and so the wife called that person who said the Stephen had left his wallet at the fire training, and asked him to unlock for him to get it. That's the last communication. No further texts or calls.

Article states there's been no communication, no use of credit/debit cards, no sign of his Jeep.
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

I'm thinking he may have been in an accident? Sure hope he turns up soon! Prayers for him and his family!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Everything above is JMO!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast