776 users online (98 members and 678 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

9 Year Old Begs to go Home

After being taken from the only family she's known for most of her life, she is sent to live with her father, a man with a long criminal and domestic violence history, and according to her former parents, lives in squalor and begs to come home. http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/15/us/ten...ent-1388457848
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

This is so wrong, so effd up.
    My God she will run away or commit suicide.

My heart aches for this child.

If people had listened to ME as a kid, I would never have been sent back home time after time to the situation in which I was abused, neglected and molested.

WHY would they do this???? Why is the well-being of a child STILL less important than 'procedure' and paperwork??? It's just insane.

Sonya case hearing Friday; Dickson family: court erred

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news...erred/9116573/

The only thing that was not done properly was the reintroduction to her father. jmo
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post

The only thing that was not done properly was the reintroduction to her father. jmo
    I am not understanding why she wasn't turned over to the bio dad's mom.

During the course of Fatherís legal troubles, the saga of S.J.M.ís custody continued. In November 2005, DCS requested Nebraska to do a home study of Fatherís mother, P.M., as to her homeís suitability as a placement for S.J.M. P.M.ís home was approved in August 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    I am not understanding why she wasn't turned over to the bio dad's mom.

During the course of Fatherís legal troubles, the saga of S.J.M.ís custody continued. In November 2005, DCS requested Nebraska to do a home study of Fatherís mother, P.M., as to her homeís suitability as a placement for S.J.M. P.M.ís home was approved in August 2006.
    According to the appellate brief, her home was approved after a home study but that doesn't mean she was. According to the adoptive parents, the grandmother was not ultimately approved by DCS.

That's incorrect. The court was supposed to hold a best interest hearing and did not. The appeals court ordered the child returned to DCS custody. Not to the father. A study should've then been conducted and a hearing held to determine the best interest of the child.

After hearing, the court could've determined that it was in the best interests to return to the father or to stay with the adoptive parents as foster parents or a different option altogether.

Here is a website chronicling the bio dad's life of crime: http://houseofveritas.weebly.com/blo...ry/john-mccaul

There are multiple links.

It just seems so many times to not be about the women or children- it often appears to be such a patriarchal machine driven by mysogynists. Not always, by any means, but a lot, IMOO.

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    That's incorrect. The court was supposed to hold a best interest hearing and did not. The appeals court ordered the child returned to DCS custody. Not to the father. A study should've then been conducted and a hearing held to determine the best interest of the child.

After hearing, the court could've determined that it was in the best interests to return to the father or to stay with the adoptive parents as foster parents or a different option altogether.
    Ok Yea the court thing. That is the judges fault not the fathers. jmo His record of traffic violations is nothing. But if it is then all children should be removed from homes that have parents that have traffic violations. She still belongs with her father, the courts screwed up. jmo
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

IMO, the courts are treating this child like a piece of property (determining ownership rights), not as a human being. This child needs her own lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    IMO, the courts are treating this child like a piece of property (determining ownership rights), not as a human being. This child needs her own lawyer.

the child should have a CASA

http://www.casaforchildren.org/site/....BE9A/Home.htm

the advocate can support the child through the court hearings etc
    Just My Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    the child should have a CASA

http://www.casaforchildren.org/site/....BE9A/Home.htm

the advocate can support the child through the court hearings etc
    I was JUST about to post that. This child needs a CASA volunteer.

Ok Yea the court thing. That is the judges fault not the fathers. jmo His record of traffic violations is nothing. But if it is then all children should be removed from homes that have parents that have traffic violations. She still belongs with her father, the courts screwed up. jmo
    I remember reading about this case months ago and it is a real mess because of the actions of a baby sitter. It is complicated by the fact that legally, Nebraska was the home state of the child. It was her baby sitter, not either parent, who took her to Tennessee. The baby sitter later decided she could not care for her and "gave" her to the Tennessee couple to care for rather than returning her to her family in Nebraska. Her father and his family have been trying to get her returned ever since.

iirc, a few years ago, the child's paternal grandmother, with a very low income, took in many children belonging to her nephew after he decided he couldn't raise any of them after their mother died. He dropped them off at a hospital and went on his way.

JMO

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast