DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #9

hollye

Reaction score
Relisha Tenau Rudd Reported Missing From SE D.C.

Relisha Tenau Rudd was last seen in the 1900 block of Massachusetts Avenue SE. She is likely with someone known to the family and has not been returned to her mother.
Relisha is 4 feet tall and weighs 70 to 80 pounds. She has black hair, brown eyes and a medium complexion. Police say she may be in need of medication.

She may be traveling in one of the two vehicles, Both of which belong to the family. Authorities are not calling this an abduction.

AJrJDyn.jpg

One is a burgundy Chevy Trail Blazer SUV with a Redskins sticker in the back window and DC tags KAHLIL". The other is a black Honda Accord sedan with DC tags "EN 2051".

A command center has been set up at the old DC General Hospital at off of Massachusetts Avenue SE.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-Reported-Missing-From-SE-DC--251168541.html#

And NBC 4 morning news.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call police at (202) 727-9099 or text your tip to the Department's TEXT TIP LINE to 50411.The FBI is offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the location and return of Relisha Rudd. If you see Relisha Rudd, call 911 immediately. You can also contact the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

timeline and media thread

Radio Discussion Thread : Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Social Media Discussion Thread: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

RELISHA RUDD, Age Now: 8, Missing: 03/19/2014. Missing From WASHINGTON, DC. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Washington Metropolitan Police Department (District of Columbia) 1-202-265-9100.

More...

NCMC1229904c1.jpg

I am not sure why it took so long for her to be reported missing :(

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Relisha-Tenau-Rudd-Reported-Missing-From-SE-DC--251168541.html
From the article:
An Amber Alert was issued for an 8-year-old girl Thursday, within hours of the discovery of a woman's body in a Maryland motel room.

Relisha Tenau Rudd was last seen Feb. 26 at the D.C. Shelter for Families on the grounds of the old D.C. General Hospital in Southeast. Police think she is in the company of a man in his 50's who works at the shelter, and the man's brother-in-law, also in his 50's.

Thread #9 and still waiting for something to happen in Relisha's case.

I am at work and on my phone so this will be brief and probably riddled with typos but I also wanted to thank Astrokitty for the very poignant picture that she painted of poverty in America. I am originally from New England but moved to the DC metro region about 10 years ago. I am an African American woman with several degrees who chooses to work in the impoverished areas DC. Washington, DC in itself is a tale of two cities separated between the haves and have nots. Poverty in DC is about race, and ethnicity, and culture....but mostly money, education, and accessibility. I guess I have become numb to the tales of abuse, and neglect, and parents not giving a damn, and parents not knowing the difference between right and wrong because their concepts of life and existence are on a completely different level from anything you or I could imagine. I see Relisha, and Shamika, and Melissa everyday. Their real names may be different but their story is the same. They have no way out....or at least that is their perception. And, all of these people who judge them atop their mighty thrones will go home to their glass palaces while poverty will linger, and gentrification will persevere and the mentality of hopelessness will pervade until the next Relisha. I was supposed to be brief. I guess I am so passionate about this topic because I work in education and these children and their families are my life. I truly am Relisha.

I saw this photo earlier and it truly touched my heart. It was pure, and innocent, and unadulterated. It wasn't about adults fighting, or FB, or one group trying to one up another, or people who will never understand poverty having a pity party. It wasn't about praising god by people who only go to church once or twice a year. It was about beautiful little children from Relisha's community coming together, standing tall and supporting their sister.

I saw this photo earlier and it truly touched my heart. It was pure, and innocent, and unadulterated. It wasn't about adults fighting, or FB, or one group trying to one up another, or people who will never understand poverty having a pity party. It wasn't about praising god by people who only go to church once or twice a year. It was about beautiful little children from Relisha's community coming together, standing tall and supporting their sister.

I so agree. Truly humbling... Perhaps the RRTF should take a long hard look at it...

Last o/t post for the hour lol:

In my last novel I spoke about public transportation: I don't think I communicated it right but I meant everyone takes it, it just doesn't always travel to certain parts or operates 24/7.

I am at work and on my phone so this will be brief and probably riddled with typos but I also wanted to thank Astrokitty for the very poignant picture that she painted of poverty in America. I am originally from New England but moved to the DC metro region about 10 years ago. I am an African American woman with several degrees who chooses to work in the impoverished areas DC. Washington, DC in itself is a tale of two cities separated between the haves and have nots. Poverty in DC is about race, and ethnicity, and culture....but mostly money, education, and accessibility. I guess I have become numb to the tales of abuse, and neglect, and parents not giving a damn, and parents not knowing the difference between right and wrong because their concepts of life and existence are on a completely different level from anything you or I could imagine. I see Relisha, and Shamika, and Melissa everyday. Their real names may be different but their story is the same. They have no way out....or at least that is their perception. And, all of these people who judge them atop their mighty thrones will go home to their glass palaces while poverty will linger, and gentrification will persevere and the mentality of hopelessness will pervade until the next Relisha. I was supposed to be brief. I guess I am so passionate about this topic because I work in education and these children and their families are my life. I truly am Relisha.

100% agree with you!! Very well put and a sad but honest post. The one thing about this case is that the FBI did get involved and the MPD does care. Most of the time we see that this is not the case. Also I am pleased with how DCFS handled this and the education system, had it not been for both those groups - who knows how long Relisha would have been unaccounted for and Shamika would have shrugged it off. That's what angers me so very much about Keith and his group, they are dismissing the fact that THIS TIME the system did work and worked well. I get upset when people try to say the amber alert system failed Relisha. No, it didn't fail her - Shamika failed her. I am really looking forward to the grand jury's decision in this case, I have high hopes that for once Shamika, the grandmother, Melissa and Antonio will be held accountable for their inactions. My g-d, none of them even bothered to show up regarding the custody of the boys - the same kids they shed tears over saying they were upset that they were taken. Only people with a reason to hide avoid court.

I so agree. Truly humbling... Perhaps the RRTF should take a long hard look at it...

They won't take a look at it because they are too busy playing victims of society. If they acknowledge that this could have all been prevented by the guardians then suddenly they lose a bit of the pity party.

I have yet to understand why anyone is searching the park after 2+ months rather than right away. I'll say it again, as sad as it is - the police stated they believe Relisha is deceased and in a landfill with no ability to be recovered. We aren't privy to why they believe this because they are building a case, even with Tatum deceased (this means there's a lot more to it and maybe other potential perps). They *MPD/FBI* are still seeking information about the case for a reason, but they aren't searching for Relisha because sadly they somehow can safely assume she is deceased.

The only way they could come up with this is if there is footage of her being carried out somewhere, or there was homicidal evidence. This means enough blood left behind somewhere that would mean there's no way she could have survived. I personally think they found the crime scene and when doing a DNA on the evidence found Relisha's.

I'll spare you all my Thread # 9 Rant .
But you know what I mean. We are still waiting for you little lady. We will keep on waiting until you appear ! :)

As we begin another thread together, my heart is so heavy.

The personal insight shared at the end of the last thread, and the start of this one, shine the light on the understanding many of the WSers share for Relisha's plight. I thank you all :heartluv:

We each are here for our own reasons, united for the singular goal of finding a precious little girl who was essentially forgotten until her story broke.

With each post, every new detail uncovered, the fabric of this case intertwines us.

I can only hope that we continue to learn and grow from this case. For those of us who haven't ever experienced a life like Relisha's, may we continue to gain empathy and understanding. Let her story allow us to open our hearts and minds, and allow us to become better people.

We must be the change we wish to see in this world. That's what Relisha's legacy means to me.

Wherever you are, little one, you have changed us. We are here to be your voice, and will continue the search for you, until you are found.

#FindRelishaRudd
:candle:
:praying:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members