GUILTY CA - April Jace, 40, murdered in her Los Angeles home, 19 May 2014

'I shot my wife:' What The Shield star Michael Jace told police when he rang 911 HIMSELF to say he had killed spouse

The Shield actor Michael Jace called 911 and told police 'I shot my wife' after allegedly pulling the trigger on the 40-year-old at the couple's Los Angeles mansion Monday night, while their children were home.

But before he picked up the phone, police had already received reports from neighbors in the Hyde Park area of shots being fired inside the property.

When officers entered the house they found April Jace, a mother-of-three, dead from gunshot wounds.

April and Michael Jace celebrated their 10 year anniversary last June.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-police-connection-shooting-death-wife.html

Link has pics of the couple.

UPDATE 3:51 AM PT: Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Jace's 2 kids witnessed him allegedly shooting and killing their mom. The kids -- both under 10 -- were extremely upset and taken to the police station. We're told cops are angry it took Children's Services 4 hours to get to the station and take the kids to the home of a family member where they could be comforted.

Jace is being book for murder.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/20/michael-jace-arrested-wife-shot-april/

just saw the coverage on this one. very sad, poor kids.

Wow this is crazy! The Shield is one of my favorite shows so I'm very familiar with Jace as an actor as he was in nearly every episode playing an in-the-closet gay man dealing with the hyper masculine cop culture. His story was very compelling at least during the first few seasons and I always thought it was a shame he didn't have a bigger career. Anyway, I can't believe he murdered her in front of their young children. What a ********! MOO.

RIP April.

Tragic.

Would she be dead if there hadn't been a gun in the house?

Another victim of the American Disease.

Those poor babies - thank God they survived.

My thoughts are with two young children, who witnessed the indelible horror of their mother's murder by their father. :tears:

IPV is particularly damaging in the presence of children. This case goes beyond. I just can't wrap my head or heart around why MJ chose this route. :no:

The finality of ending April's life, and the reverberations for those who must now find a way to go on without her. :candle:

April's loss has deeply affected the Biola University campus, where she worked (I saw it live on ABC7 news).

ytyrahur.jpg

u4abupez.jpg

#RIPApril
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...stic-violence-accusations-20140520-story.html

Snipped from above article:

"April Jace, a well-liked financial aid employee at Biola University, had walked in the door just 10 to 15 minutes earlier after picking up the couple's sons from baseball practice."

"On Monday, Harding said she saw Michael Jace quickly pull his gray van into the driveway, leaving his front door ajar.Shortly after, as she was washing her car, she heard a popping noise."

Sounds as though he came home furious about something and then shot her. It was 8:30pm. My guess is that he went out looking for her in his van. Maybe she wasn't returning calls and he lost it. Money problems, his ego deflated from no work, and his wife is successful with her job and the boys. Why didn't he go to the boys' baseball game? I think he was very jealous and maybe had thoughts she was cheating meanwhile she was innocently at work and then at the game.

Is this the new style of quickie divorce?

Men are shooting their partners in unprecedented numbers.

Very sad. A controlling man will kill if he feels he is losing control. Jealousy could be a factor. Not to insinuate she was doing anything, but that might have been his perception. Sounds like he did indeed come home angry and shot her. How sad for her and the children.

Just WHY? WHY..?
I too watched him for years on the Shield. A well loved show years back.
Could he have not handled his problems in some other way? This is so unreal, so hurtful. He has left behind two children and killed his wife.

I don't understand. Whatever pisst him off that day he could have taken a moment to reflect and thought this through.

Rest in peace
and blessings to his children.

Goz

Is it possible to put "wife's" name in the topic line? I realise that "husband" is a celebrity, but, April Jace deserves to be more than his anonymous spouse.

Thank you Mods / Admins for including the April Jace's name in the title of this thread.

:rose:

:candle:

My thoughts and prayers remain with those who are left to find a way to go in without her....

:praying:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back