TX TX - Marshalle Blankinship, 17, Waco, 1 April 1988

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Moonkat for bringing us Marshalle's case!

Marshalle was around 17 years old, she came up missing for several months in the North Waco area. Her remains were found under a home (a duplex).

*I will let Moonkat give more information*

It's good to have you with us Moonkat, hopefully we can help with this case and bring some justice to Marshalle.

Anyone with info on this case should contact Waco Special Crimes Unit @
254-750-7612. Case # 88-14596

Marshalle Blankenship was a friend of mine back in the 1980's in Waco Tx. She was about 17 years of age. She was reported missing by her Mom. I lived in the 22nd block of Herring at the time. We noticed an odor but thought it must had been someones sewer. Months later some workmen were working on a vacant duplex in the 2100 block of herring, when one of them went under the house for repairs he saw a skeleton. The police was called out and it was Marshalle's body. Her clothes were folded on top of her body. All her rings were on her skeletal fingers. There are no new clues as to who killed her. She was murdered but police did not say how.... If anyone knew her back then and has any tips please call the Waco police. Thanks to all for getting this page for Marshalle!! Moonkat

I haven't found any news reports yet. So far I've found Marshalle on Classmates at Waco High School, class of 1982. I'm guessing she died that year or the year prior, 1981-82. Does that sound right, Moonkat?

Yes it could be!!! Thank You for looking!!!

Well, I sent a email to the editor in the newsroom at wacotrib.com for any news on Marshalle. Also I asked him if they would Please Consider running a story on her cold case in Waco..... Perhaps that will help Alot!!

No. Nothing yet..... thank you so much for asking :)

I just spoke to someone from the waco newspaper and he said he will look into Marshalle's case and says he will give me a call back.....

iamaze or kimster please check emails I got her pic and story sent to you both, dont know how to put it on here, iamaze the reporter has your emaiil to send full story....

Sorry for the miss spellings Imamaze. I am so glad I got her pic and story now to get it posted :)

pm has been sent to you with her photo, Thank You Imamaze !!!!!!!!! ( I wished I knew how to do this myself)

If anyone has google plus I can send her photo and story that way. PM me and you can post this for me. Cut n paste is not happening for me....Thanks

The above post has the link to her photo and story, Marshalle Blankenship age 17 whom was murdered. But I never could get page 11. In her defence, I must say she needed love and someone to care about her as a troubled teen. She had so much to live for!!!!! Only to have her life taken away like that! No one should die in that way. I did not hang around her circle of friends. But lived only 3 blocks from her. I had known her since she was a little girl ( me a bit older than her). Her Mom sold costume jewlery to my Grandmother. I cant think of her Mom's name but I wonder if her Mom is still living. Marshalle worked at Long John Silver's just before she was killed. She once told me that wanted to take courses. After her body was found, under that house, there were rumors..... just rumors about drugs being related to her death. This all for Marshalle. For her dignity. And maybe, just maybe one day---justice! God bless you all. Peace, Renee in Texas AKA Moonkat :)

Hey Guys! I was going to look into this to see if there were any old articles on ancestry..but could not find a thing! THEN, I found Marshalle Melinda BlankInship with an 'I" born in 1970 and died 1988. That narrows down the timeline and details a little bit. I will keep looking. A birth record shows her mother's name and an older brother. Thank you for bringing us the case :)

here is some info on the family:
mother died in 1997
from Marshalle's birth record, it states her mothers name and father deceased. (1970)
Same mother's name is shown on the birth record of a brother TF Blankinship with Father BE Blankinship, (1969)
Burial records show BE Blankenship was born 1966, and Marshalle's mother in 1947,

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=21900889

BE Blankinship was named after his father who was born around 1945. The parents were only married "on record" for four months in 1982 from what I can tell. Weird.

Anyway, BE Blankinship (brother) died the year after Marshalle!! (not sure how)

I will look for some articles later this evening, but wanted to go ahead and get some facts noted. I always understand a case better if I know some background info.

Benny Blankenship was her older brother. He was hit by a truck as a kid and suffered seizures afterwards. He died of a massive seizure in his late teens or very early 20's. Very sad. Im guessing most of her family is now deceased....?

The above post has the link to her photo and story, Marshalle Blankenship age 17 whom was murdered. But I never could get page 11. In her defence, I must say she needed love and someone to care about her as a troubled teen. She had so much to live for!!!!! Only to have her life taken away like that! No one should die in that way. I did not hang around her circle of friends. But lived only 3 blocks from her. I had known her since she was a little girl ( me a bit older than her). Her Mom sold costume jewlery to my Grandmother. I cant think of her Mom's name but I wonder if her Mom is still living. Marshalle worked at Long John Silver's just before she was killed. She once told me that wanted to take courses. After her body was found, under that house, there were rumors..... just rumors about drugs being related to her death. This all for Marshalle. For her dignity. And maybe, just maybe one day---justice! God bless you all. Peace, Renee in Texas AKA Moonkat :)

I can't get the link to work...it just takes me to the email sign in, can you pm it to me?

Would her other brother be living? Thanks for the info MrsTigglesWorth !!!

Yes Im still trying to get the correct link..... but I only have one page of the news article.

Benny Blankenship was her older brother. He was hit by a truck as a kid and suffered seizures afterwards. He died of a massive seizure in his late teens or very early 20's. Very sad. Im guessing most of her family is now deceased....?

That is very sad as well ~ :( It does seem (maybe) that the other older brother and father may still be around. I am not too proficient with the newer searches.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back