General Discussions #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timex

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
continue general discussion here please

Could it be that they're not too worried about him fleeing right now with the embezzlement charges hanging over his head?

golfmom said:
Could it be that they're not too worried about him fleeing right now with the embezzlement charges hanging over his head?

Yes, that could well be. Is the embezzlement the only criminal problem he has ever had? Or does he have other criminal activity in his past?

Timex said:
Yes, that could well be. Is the embezzlement the only criminal problem he has ever had? Or does he have other criminal activity in his past?

It was posted here that there was charges filed for attacking a referee. One of our members was going to see if they could find the paperwork regarding it.

golfmom said:
I've often wondered, and this is truly dramatic speculation LOL, if LE has not said anything in a while, as they know he has a court date this week...and they have been working both angles, murder and embezzlement, and if any big dramatic thing will happen before, during, or after the hearing on Friday.

(Ok, stop laughing! I know it sounds like TV material! LOL)

Thanks...trying to get a "feel" of what he could expect from the embezzlement issue.

First time offender...not a large amount of money etc...would he be facing jail time? Or restitution and probation?

If there are other criminal issues, it could effect the outcome of the embezzlement charges.

Timex said:
Thanks...trying to get a "feel" of what he could expect from the embezzlement issue.

First time offender...not a large amount of money etc...would he be facing jail time? Or restitution and probation?

If there are other criminal issues, it could effect the outcome of the embezzlement charges.

Timex, I did some research on this awhile back and posted. Under NORMAL circumstances he would get probation, community service, repayment of embezzled amount, and fines. He could face time, but more than likely not.

golfmom said:
It was posted here that there was charges filed for attacking a referee. One of our members was going to see if they could find the paperwork regarding it.
Ok GM! That was an none to subtle reminder! LOL

That member was ME!

And, I did indeed check. And then completely forgot about it, because it yielded me nothing (but a big ol' waste of two hours of my time! LOL).

IF that (referee assault) happened in Durham County, there is no record of it whatsoever. Now that said, it could have easily been in one of the neigboring counties, Orange or Wake. Those I did NOT check.

golfmom said:
That's an interesting observation! Mine was he didn't just want to fit in, but he wanted to be crowned the King of VXers. Remember, he found them because he wanted to figure out how to get rid of his vehicle that he now hated, he FORCED Janet to drive it because he didn't want to. Then he discovered THE CLUB and bought every accessory and REPAINTED it black (see Big Boy Toys) so he would have the purtiest VX in the world.
But see, I think that this illustrates my point even more. He wanted to dump that car. Then when he found out that there was this web site, and he started to chat, he decided to keep the car and make it better and better so he could become a part of this "club". He did what he felt he had to do to become a part of the club; to be a part of SOMETHING.

He almost reminds me of a child in this situation, and here is the scenario. Did you ever have a child say something like "I hate broccoli", (or this movie, this book, this song, etc), and you as the parent say "Really? I LOVE broccoli". So then the kid says "Well, I don't really HATE it ..." Before you know it, the kid is asking for broccoli for dinner, (or watching the movie, reading the book for the 3rd time, singing the song, etc.) I've seen this HUNDREDS of times with all types of children. It's almost as if they say that they like what we like just to try to please us. Maybe Raven wanted to please them with his amazing VX so that he would be welcomed with open arms into their club.

He started out wanting to dump the car, then after spending some time at the site & "talking" to people, he started to modify the car little by little, and by the end of it, he's talking about how they are all part of a unique club or some such nonsense.

SouthEastSleuth said:
Ok GM! That was an none to subtle reminder! LOL

That member was ME!

And, I did indeed check. And then completely forgot about it, because it yielded me nothing (but a big ol' waste of two hours of my time! LOL).

Sorry SES! I thought the check date was scheduled a little later this week ... LOL! But honestly, it doesn't even have to be in NC. What if it happened in Virginia?

I think Timex is right, that they can't tell you not to leave the area if you have not been charged with anything. As long as his attorney knows where to contact him, he can go anywhere he wants. I'll double check with some friends in LE, though laws may vary from state to state.

golfmom said:
Sorry SES! I thought the check date was scheduled a little later this week ... LOL! But honestly, it doesn't even have to be in NC. What if it happened in Virginia?
True! And unless we had a location, it'd be really hard to verify... Could be anywhere in NC, VA, or who knows where else. A lot of the soccer leagues play in tournaments, etc., all over a state, and even out of state, quite often actually!

(You're right, I was going down there later in the week...but was in the neighborhood and stopped! I was just giving you a little grief...you know that! :) :) :) :)

JerseyGirl said:
But see, I think that this illustrates my point even more. ............

He started out wanting to dump the car, then after spending some time at the site & "talking" to people, he started to modify the car little by little, and by the end of it, he's talking about how they are all part of a unique club or some such nonsense.

I never meant to disagree with you :blowkiss:
because I actually agree that he was desperate to fit in
but, he wasn't satisfied just being a regular ole guy in the club
he wanted to be KING of the club
with the most tricked out limited edition collector's version VX

JerseyGirl,

Ive known guys just like that. They weren't really "bad" guys, just guys that for whatever reason cant/wont grow-up.

That said, I certainly wouldnt want to be married to one, as the problems would be never ending.

golfmom's "King of the VXers" statement was the same impression I got from reading his posts. My husband has commented a bit more about Raven and has said he (Raven) always tried to bring the focus of any situation around to himself.

JerseyGirl said:
And a part of me strongly agrees with this as well. I've ranted and raved several times here at WS about this very same point. I just try to remind myself that even if Raven is a big jerk, he might be only a big jerk. Until I feel 100% confident that he's a murderer, that small bit of compassion still comes into play. As a jerk who doesn't even realize how annoying he is, I feel bad for him. As a murderer, I surely don't.
You make a good point, I too feel bad for him that he doesn't realize how annoying he is. Also, I didn't mean to imply that I think he's guilty of murder just because he is a jerk. I haven't made up my mind on who did it yet, I need more information. I sincerely hope he didn't do it and that perhaps this experience, even though it's so horrible, will help him change his ways and be a good example for his son. Regardless of whether or not he's guilty of murder, I'm sorry he had a rough childhood.

ok..Ive been reading through some of the early media articles, and have a question.

In one of original articles, LE made a statement something like "we have nothing that would indicate this is a random crime".

What indicates a random crime?

I just keep thinking back to when Jessica was missing and LE kept saying they could not call it an abduction because there was "nothing to indicate she had been abducted".

Well, its not exactly a crime of opportunity although that could be argued......possibly the way the scene was left indicates a specific search for something by the perp rather than random searching throughout the house......

Timex said:
ok..Ive been reading through some of the early media articles, and have a question.

In one of original articles, LE made a statement something like "we have nothing that would indicate this is a random crime".

Remember, that earlier than that were reports of co-workers on the scene as well that were concerned for Janet's safety. Then shortly after the "we have nothing that would indicated this is a random crime," comments they released the search warrant. And, again and again they keep with that line ... 1 + 1 + 1 =
Just my opinion, but it is very interesting what LE has released and has not released. Even without everything here, if I were him ... I'd be worried ... LE isn't saying he's a suspect, but no one is going out of their way to say that he isn't right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member