1135 users online (211 members and 924 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC - L/Cpl. Steven Hancock, 20, White Lake, 20 May 2014

Crews search for Marine who fell from Osprey in training mission -

Military personnel along with Bladen and Sampson county authorities were searching Tuesday for a Marine who fell from an MV-22 Osprey aircraft Monday evening during a training session near White Lake. The accident occurred about 45 miles west of Marine Corps Air Station New River in Jacksonville, where the Osprey is based.
    According to Marine spokesman Michael Barton, the missing Marine, whose name hasn't been released, is a crew chief with the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing. He was taking part in a training session at about 6:30 p.m. and disappeared from the back of the aircraft, Barton said, adding that it's unclear if the hatch in the back of the Osprey was open at the time.
    Read more at http://www.wral.com/crews-search-for...4AAAMOgdfTz.99
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

L.I., NY
    My grandson will be assisting in the search if he is not found by Thursday. His unit will replace the current search team.

Prayers for his family.
    The World Has Gone Mad.

He has been located. RIP
    ""We deeply mourn the loss of a member of the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing family today. I'd like to extend my sincerest condolences to the family and loved ones of our Marine," said Maj. Gen. Robert Hedelund, 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing commanding general. "I also want to extend my thanks to the community for their tireless efforts throughout this search. Without your cooperation, we could not have brought closure to this phase of such an unfortunate incident."

The body was spotted via aircraft and that information was relayed to ground search parties. "

Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Published reports say a family in Illinois has been notified of the disappearance of a Marine who fell from an Osprey aircraft during a training mission in Bladen County. The reports say the family of Steven Hancock of Coal City, Illinois was told by military officials that he was missing.

The Morris Daily Herald reported on it's website Steven's mother notified friends and family Tuesday afternoon their son was the one who fell from the aircraft. The Marine Corps policy is to not release the identity until 24 hours after notification of next of kin, although officials on the ground in Bladen County did confirm Tuesday evening that the Marine who fell from the Osprey was found dead in some woods off Highway 701 and Carter Blueberry Road near White Lake.

Central Missouri USA
    RIP devil dog

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    RIP Jessica Ridgeway

RIP Marine ooh-rah
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, it's not ... The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone." - Robin Williams

... Praying for all our Marine brothers and sisters what a tragedy... So many don't realize our Military put their lives on the line everyday not just when they are deployed... God Bless his soul and praying for his family and friends...

In downstate Coal City, the death of Marine Steven Hancock cuts deep. Just days ago, his younger sister graduated from the high school and his mother works with special needs children at the elementary school...

Steven Hancock graduated from Coal City High School in 2011 and no one was surprised when, in march the next year, he signed up with the Marines. Commitment to service had already propelled Hancock to reach eagle scout...

“He was a quiet leader who led by example. He was dedicated to service,” said Bugg.

So sad......Rip young man, thank you for your service to our country. May God hold your family in His loving arms always....