TX TX - San Antonio, Wht/HispFem 20-40, UP4603, scoliosis, shorter rt leg, poss walked w/limp, Jan'82

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a closed thread in the Missing Archives for this UID, and Houston Mom asked that I open it so that she can propose a possible match. I don't have moderator access to the Missing Archives subforum, so I am starting a new thread.

The Doe Network:
Case File 87UFTX
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/87uftx.html
NamUs UP4603 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4603

87UFTX.jpg

Image of Victim

Unidentified White/Hispanic Female
Located on January 26, 1982 in Bexar County, Texas.
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
Partial Remains

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 25-35 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2 - 5'6".
Distinguishing Characteristics: Hair and eye color unknown. She may have walked with a noticeable limp, as her right leg was shorter than her left leg.
Dentals: She had a porcelain crown on tooth 10.

Hi Carl,
How do UID cases end up closed and in the archives if they haven't yet been identified?? It seems like it wasn't long ago when we were discussing this UID. Maybe I'm thinking of another one, but I thought there was discussion of Nellie Flickinger being a match..?

Hi Carl,
How do UID cases end up closed and in the archives if they haven't yet been identified?? It seems like it wasn't long ago when we were discussing this UID. Maybe I'm thinking of another one, but I thought there was discussion of Nellie Flickinger being a match..?

Here's the link to that thread:

TX - 1982 Female Bexar County Partial Skeletal - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I think it was archived quite a while ago when this forum had threads dedicated to one UID and one possible, and we used the "Possible Match" and "Ruled Out" flags.

Mom, sounds promising, have you submitted her?

I think the image of the victim resembles Judi Mungia. However, there is no mention of a limp in her case.

87UFTX.jpg
munguia_judie.jpg
link
munguia_judie2.jpg
link

Missing Since: May 28, 1981 from Odessa, Texas
Height and Weight: 5'3; 150 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; hazel eyes. Munguia has a scar on her left leg between her knee and ankle.

Munguia was last seen departing her residence in Odessa, Texas at approximately 1:00 AM on May 28, 1981. She was planning to drive to a friend's house in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma at the time. Munguia never arrived at her destination and has not been seen again. Her car was found abandoned at Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City on November 14, 1981, nearly six months after Munguia's initial disappearance. Authorities determined that her vehicle was parked in the airport's lot for at least 80 days prior to discovery. There was no trace of Munguia at the scene. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/ar/t4556.htm

I don't have an email contact at TXDPS yet, CarlK do you have one? That porcelain tooth is a good identifier, eh?

I don't have any close contacts in Texas other than the ones in NamUs or TXDPS. I don't have any closer rapport with them than anyone else does.

I think the image of the victim resembles Judi Mungia. However, there is no mention of a limp in her case.

87UFTX.jpg
munguia_judie.jpg
link
munguia_judie2.jpg
link

Missing Since: May 28, 1981 from Odessa, Texas
Height and Weight: 5'3; 150 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; hazel eyes. Munguia has a scar on her left leg between her knee and ankle.

Munguia was last seen departing her residence in Odessa, Texas at approximately 1:00 AM on May 28, 1981. She was planning to drive to a friend's house in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma at the time. Munguia never arrived at her destination and has not been seen again. Her car was found abandoned at Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City on November 14, 1981, nearly six months after Munguia's initial disappearance. Authorities determined that her vehicle was parked in the airport's lot for at least 80 days prior to discovery. There was no trace of Munguia at the scene. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/ar/t4556.htm

Not on NamUs, but on Crimestoppers:

http://odessacrimestoppers.org/missing.aspx

87UFTX.jpg

Reconstruction of the decedent

Date of Discovery: January 26 or 27, 1982
Location of Discovery: San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas
State of Remains: Partial skeletal
Cause of Death: Unknown

Estimated Age: 20-40 years old
Race: White and/or Hispanic
Sex: Female
Height: 5'2" to 5'6" (NamUs: 5’4”)
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She had scoliosis. Her right leg was shorter than her left and she may have walked with a limp.
Clothing & Personal Items: None

Dentals: Available. Porcelain crown on tooth #10.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Not available.

Circumstances of Discovery: The decedent's partial remains were found in a wooded area near 9750 Eagle Crest in San Antonio.

2 Missing Person Exclusions

MP5665 Charlotte Heimann 10/30/1981 Monroe NY
MP907 Rose Baker 06/01/1980 Grayson TX

There is a closed thread in the Missing Archives for this UID, and Houston Mom asked that I open it so that she can propose a possible match. I don't have moderator access to the Missing Archives subforum, so I am starting a new thread.

The Doe Network:
Case File 87UFTX
87UFTX
NamUs UP4603 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

87UFTX.jpg

Image of Victim

Unidentified White/Hispanic Female
Located on January 26, 1982 in Bexar County, Texas.
Partial Remains

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 25-35 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2 - 5'6".
Distinguishing Characteristics: Hair and eye color unknown. She may have walked with a noticeable limp, as her right leg was shorter than her left leg.
Dentals: She had a porcelain crown on tooth 10.
I just reached out to the UP's contacts and the MP's contacts for Barbara Louise Cotton. Although Barb's NamUs profile no longer lists it, she did have moderate scoliosis and walked with, what some would consider, a limp.

Eagle Crest Jane Doe has been unidentified for 40 years today.

Do y’all wanna try my system for easy access to “scoliosis” or any other variant wildcard WS search criteria? I’ve found this formula very useful & I’m willing to help all I can. Copy/paste entire string into Google search bar… don’t click WS Hyperlink showing up below here: we can further narrow these findings but it’s a down and dirty for starters.

site:www.websleuths.com "scoliosis"

I’m surprised so many connections pop up… I have extremely severe scoliosis so I know a lot about the condition. My doc first called me at home years ago and said the only patient he had heard of with my scores was a marathon runner from Kenya.

Bumping, the 41st anniversary of Eagle Crest Jane Doe’s discovery passed recently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back