861 users online (142 members and 719 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

CA - Sophia, 2, Yazmine, 1, & Xenia Coronado, 2 mos, murdered, 20 May 2014

Carol Coronado has just been identified in the updated story:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...260055741.html

I received a text alert on this story:

The children were very young, age 2 months to three years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

So sad...

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...260055741.html

Link has been updated. The victims are all sisters, a 2 month old, 2 and 3 year old!

A mother is facing murder charges after her three young daughters were found dead at a home in Southern California on Tuesday, authorities said.

The girls' maternal grandmother made an emergency call for help about 5:10 p.m., saying the mother had killed or was killing the girls at the home in the 1000 block of West 223rd Street in unincorporated Torrance, the LACSD said.

(Snip)

She (Coronado) was taken to the hospital for an undisclosed examination and was later taken to the Carson station jail.

The husband and grandmother were at the home at the time of the girls' deaths, detectives said.

Fly High together little Angels....

findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

CA - Torrance mother detained after Three Children Found Dead - 20 May 2014 (...

This link contains an embedded video segment on the case:

http://ktla.com/2014/05/20/three-chi...nce-area-home/

(snip)
    (The victims were found) lying in a pool of blood on the bed with their mother, authorities at the scene said.

(snip)
    Carol Coronado, was found naked and holding a knife, investigators said.

Images from the linked article:

Also linked here (KTLA's timeline photos)
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...13&__tn__=%2As

Suspect: Carol Coronado:

Heartbroken...

Last edited by kimi_SFC; 05-21-2014 at 02:11 AM.
    findsierralamar.com

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

CA - Torrance mother detained after Three Children Found Dead - 20 May 2014 (...

Detailed write up via the Daily Breeze's @LarryAltman:

http://www.dailybreeze.com/20140520/...en-near-carson

It does appear to be a thwarted murder suicide. CC's mother arrived before she was able to finish the job. If only she had arrived sooner, and had saved the girls. If only CC had taken her rage out on HERSELF and not her precious children.

I've no doubt she was overwhelmed, without any MI factored in. It sounds like help was nearby. So many what if's!

Bless the children. They suffered terribly. No way around it.

Insanity defense? Potentially. Post partum depression, evolves to post partum psychosis perhaps....

findsierralamar.com

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

(Snip)
    Neighbor (redacted) said the children’s father was working on his car across the street when his mother-in-law discovered her daughter and the three children in a pool of blood on the bed. The mother had a knife in her hand and was trying to cut her wrists.

“I saw when they were bringing him out,” (redacted) said. “He was crying. He was crying, ‘She killed my daughters!’ ”

http://www.dailybreeze.com/20140520/...en-near-carson

----------

The fact the father of all three girls was OFF the property speaks volumes to me. What was happening in that house? If CC's mother saw the children yesterday, the window for deterioration is fairly narrow.

Were there any signs? Was she bring treated for PPD/S? Did she have any help with the girls?

The act itself is SO heinous. When I read the quote, my first thought was: it was vindictive for her to do this when their Dad was working on the car. I could be totally wrong. Just a gut feeling, like "I'm stuck in here with three kids, and you're playing with your toys! Why can't you help ME?" Especially reading the quote from the neighbor (quoting CC's mom) that she was "going crazy."

With three children under three, dealing with feedings and diaper changes, likely potty training, lack of sleep, hormonal changes, etc. etc. etc., I'm sure she was.

But nothing can excuse her actions IMO. Call someone. Safe harbor your infant. Whatever it takes. Not this. Not EVER!

Last edited by kimi_SFC; 05-21-2014 at 02:53 AM.
    findsierralamar.com

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Oh my...So tragic! I can't even imagine what this poor family is going through! I agree with margarita, possible with such a new baby and the others being so little. I can't get over how awful this is.

Oh sweet babies.
    "My own eyes are not enough for me, I will see through the eyes of others." ~C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by kimi_SFC View Post
    "A woman allegedly stabbed her three young daughters to death with a kitchen knife in her home near Carson on Tuesday night, then tried to kill herself, neighbors and sheriff’s deputies said."

"I saw when they were bringing him out,” Madrid said. “He was crying. He was crying, ‘She killed my daughters!’ ”

The grandmother screamed “Oh my God!” and showed Madrid the kitchen knife on the front lawn."

"Madrid said the children’s grandmother had told her that her daughter called her earlier in the day and said she was going crazy."

Mother Held in Killing of Three Girls - @LATimes

(snip)

Late Tuesday, detectives were trying to piece together what happened. "There was a lot of blood," Lt. Dave Coleman said. "It was a pretty substantial scene inside the residence."

He said investigators recovered several knives but added that there "could be multiple causes of death."

(More@link)

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-0...521-story.html

findsierralamar.com

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Possibly multiple causes of death? Hmm...

What a horrible, horrible tragedy! Those poor little ones!

Sounds a little like the Andrea Yates case. Especially the ages of the children. I also wonder if it involved post partem depression. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. Very sad indeed.

NYDN article:

Link contains embedded video via CBS2LA

(snip)

The children's father and grandmother were at home at the time of the arrest. Police are also questioning the dad, the Los Angeles times reported.

While investigators found several knives in the home, a cause of death has not yet been released.

(More@Link)
    http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/...icle-1.1800154

findsierralamar.com

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Quote Originally Posted by TravelingBug View Post
    Possibly multiple causes of death? Hmm...

What a horrible, horrible tragedy! Those poor little ones!
    Yes, TravelingBug, I cringe at the thought of the updates that are headed our way. The autopsy reports are likely to bring tears to our eyes, as we imagine these sisters' final moments on this earth. Sending prayers, strength and support to their extended family, as they've an extremely tough road ahead.

MI and PPD/PPP is very real. I realize that. However, I have a hard time reconciling those diagnoses when envisioning the demises of precious innocents who never asked to be born. I understand it forensically. My heart cannot comprehend it, especially as a mother.

They went through complete and total hell to gain their wings. I am left questioning my faith and humanity.

Last edited by kimi_SFC; 05-21-2014 at 12:35 PM.
    findsierralamar.com

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

texasgirl2 is offline Verified Insider in Hannah Thomas Garner case
    I couldn't have said it any better Kimi. Some days it's just so difficult to be on WS.

God bless those precious babies.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast