ME ME - Marilyn Lehan, 47, Eastport, July 2002; reported missing 2013

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Marilyn Lehan
10051861_H12961523-250x250.jpg
10051981_H12961521-250x250.jpg

Police to search Eastport property for woman missing since 2004 -

Marilyn Lehan, 59, is 5 feet 9 inches tall with brown hair and brown eyes, according to department spokesman Stephen McCausland. Members of Lehan’s family say she may have moved away in 2004, but they have not heard from her since. The family said repeated attempts to find her have been unsuccessful, but it was not uncommon for Lehan to let long periods of time elapse between family contacts.

In the summer of 2013, Lehan’s family officially reported her missing to Eastport police, who investigated through the summer before requesting Maine State Police assistance last fall, McCausland stated in the news release.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/05/...stport-property-for-woman-missing-since-2004/

Wow...9 years before she is reported as missing? I don't know much about the steps followed by LE when searching for someone. Would LE be able to query the Social Security Commission and/or the IRS to determine if she has been working and/or filing taxes? Does anyone know?

She has a NamUs profile, just added in March 2014. It says she was last seen in July 2002.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23908/9

Marilyn was last seen by family in July 2002 when they visited with her at her residence in Eastport, Maine. Marilyn's husband moved away and indicated that she told him she was going to a Catholic retreat in the Montana area. Marilyn has not been heard from since.

When I search for her name using bing I found an Intelius record for her in Montana with several different cities, the most recent being Kalispell. The age is correct - 59. It costs money to see more information. There is no indication as to how old this information is. Perhaps she is alive and well in Montana and choosing not to contact family?

It looks like she has lived in California,Washington, New York Montana and Maine according to public search sites. Of course we don't know when she lived in these places.

Eastport, ME
Walnut Creek, CA
Pleasant Hill, CA
Whitefish, MT
Bodega Bay, CA
Kalispell, MT
Greenbank, WA
Staten Island, NY

She was living with her husband, Brian, when she was last seen. His last name starts with a K.

http://wagmtv.com/missing-woman-sought/

Too late to edit my previous post. It looks Eastport, ME was the last reported address and all the towns listed above were previous addresses. She moved around a lot and was known to not have contact with her family for periods of time. However, when she moved around she was not "off the grid" since her addresses are showing up in public records. Unfortunately, it looks like LE are on the right path searching the property in Eastport.

It sounds like it was not her husband that reported her missing, but other relatives.

Another article:
http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/local/2014/05/21/search-for-woman-in-eastport/9399393/

That's a long time to be out of contract with your family before you are reported missing. If there are no records showing her having a job or paying taxes or collecting social security or anything then...................(that's what I think anyway.)

Bumping. I found a “Marilyn Jean Lehan” born 24 Feb 1955, and marriage records that match info in this thread. So she should be 66 now.
I hope she is safe. I also found a pic of a school book, not sure it is legit to post it here ? It is clearly her

Many of these links have expired. Does anyone know if she left in a vehicle? Has the vehicle been lcoated?

• marilyn_j._lehan_1.jpg
  • marilyn_j._lehan_2.jpg
Lehan in the 1990s (more recent photographs are unavailable)
  • Missing Since 01/01/2004
  • Missing From Eastport, Maine
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 49 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'9, 160 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blond/brown hair, brown eyes.

Details of Disappearance​

Lehan was last seen in Eastport, Maine sometime in 2004. She had lived with her husband in a residence off Clark Street, overlooking Harris Cove, for about two years, and she was a member of the local Catholic church.

Her husband had told her family Lehan had gone to a Catholic retreat in Montana. It wasn't uncommon for her to go a long time without getting in touch with her family, and they didn't report her missing until the summer of 2013. They had last visited her in July 2002.

Authorities launched an extensive search of the fourteen acres behind Lehan's former home, using cadaver dogs, but the search turned up nothing of interest. Her husband now lives in California and police stated he was cooperative with the investigation into her disappearance. Little information is available in her case.

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 2, 2014; casefile added.

July 12, 2019

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back