775 users online (76 members and 699 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Substitute charged with fondling and photographing

A former Plano substitute teacher accused of fondling and photographing a 15-year-old girl in a classroom had been criticized by teachers a year ago for acting inappropriately with female students.

Jason Pearce, 31, had been placed on "do not call" lists at two schools in the Plano school district following complaints. But he continued to work at other campuses until he was fired last month.

He was charged May 13 with sexual performance of a child and indecency with a child, both felonies, and two Class A misdemeanor charges of displaying harmful material to a minor.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1214e9143.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

As a teacher, this completely infuriated me when I read it this morning.

How frustrating for those other teachers to raise the alarm, and do exactly what they should have done, only to still see THIS as a result.

What's acceptable at some campuses might not be at others--but still, the allegations that led to TWO campuses barring this man, should have been a red flag to the district officials.

Former Plano substitute teacher Jason Pearce's behavior with female students landed him on the "do not call" list at a middle school campus a year ago.

But that didn't stop him from remaining a popular option among other Plano campuses until this spring, when police say he was caught with sexual photos in his backpack of a 15-year-old high school girl he is accused of fondling.

A year before his arrest, two teachers at Bowman Middle School accused Mr. Pearce of acting inappropriately with female students. Both stated in evaluation forms that he should not be hired again. One stated he photographed students and let too many students – especially girls – hug him. Another stated Mr. Pearce wrote an excuse for several girls to join him in a class where they didn't belong and that he ate lunch with girls in a classroom.

"Both of these incidents are inappropriate and unprofessional," the evaluation read.

Mr. Pearce had been on the Clark High School "do not call" list since 2001 after a complaint about his classroom management. The Bowman complaints got him added to that school's "do not call" list, too.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...13ab972bb.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight