841 users online (118 members and 723 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Little Jedi is offline "I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally" W. C. Fields

Question

Could anyone please tell me if video interviews with arrested suspects like J.A.'s are 'usual' ?

I found it strange that he would be allowed any kind of 'public voice'.

Even more so now concerning the numerous references on 'the site that shall not be named', talking of veiled threats or messages within the interview.

Whether or not credible in this specific case I have no idea but it did make me wonder ??
    " The more we learn, the more we discover how much we do not know. "
    Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Wonless View Post
    I don't really see how TC in any way "hindered" LE in there investigation either. The whole incident to me was LE grasping at straws. Can anyone point me to an action he took that interfered with the search and or investigation of this crime other than he captured some of the limelight at the time. I will be happy to eat my words if such event does exist. Wasn't he trying to organize and independent search effort with dogs or something like that?
    Ironically it was in January 2012. The same year JA was questioned by LE.

Ya I would say they were grasping at straws. IIRC the locals became suspicious so LE took action.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/holly-bo...rsing-student/

http://www.wfmj.com/story/16911479/e...man-questioned
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jedi View Post
    Could anyone please tell me if video interviews with arrested suspects like J.A.'s are 'usual' ?

Even more so now concerning the numerous references on 'the site that shall not be named', talking of veiled threats or messages within the interview.

Whether or not credible in this specific case I have no idea but it did make me wonder ??
    I didn't notice any veiled threats in the interview. One case that comes to mind is Jodi Arias. I think she did more than one.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Not sure how that smiley appeared in my post.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jedi View Post

Hi Jedi !

BBM: The side show of the circus has begun ...

JMO, but I found it "unusual" that he would do an interview from jail WITH his defense attorney's blessing ...

One of the first things your defense attorney tells you when you have been charged with a crime -- and especially kidnapping AND murder -- is NOT to talk ...

But yet JA is yapping away ... and now his defense attorney is whining that he does not have access to his client ...

JMO but I think this is nothing but BS by the defense ...

JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Not sure how that smiley appeared in my post.

Smiley's are

Smiley's

Now back to topic ... WHERE is Holly ?
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    Hi Jedi !

BBM: The side show of the circus has begun ...

JMO, but I found it "unusual" that he would do an interview from jail WITH his defense attorney's blessing ...

One of the first things your defense attorney tells you when you have been charged with a crime -- and especially kidnapping AND murder -- is NOT to talk ...

But yet JA is yapping away ... and now his defense attorney is whining that he does not have access to his client ...

JMO but I think this is nothing but BS by the defense ...

I think if is ablsolutely rediculous. Are we now going to be subject to every manipulating personality disorder being inteviewed from jail? Yes, we watch trying to get more info to help us figure out this person and his role, and the media wants the ratings, but if that's the case, they could all be on TV. Most of the people there will use any opportunity to self promote and manipulate. If it's costing the taxpayers anything, it needs to be regulated. Also with people like JA changing the thought patterns are very difficult to rehabilitate- Lord knows it would be great if we could find a way to do this so that they incorporate empathy.
    Last edited by rtjedarling; 05-24-2014 at 09:46 AM. Reason: additional comments, spelling

SteveS is offline Attention: All my comments are IMO JMO MOO AFAIK etc
    Quote Originally Posted by rtjedarling View Post
    I think if is ablsolutely rediculous. Are we now going to be subject to every manipulating personality disorder being inteviewed from jail? Yes, we watch trying to get more info to help us figure out this person and his role, and the media wants the ratings, but if that's the case, they could all be on TV. Most of the people there will use any opportunity to self promote and manipulate. If it's costing the taxpayers anything, it needs to be regulated. Also with people like JA changing the thought patterns are very difficult to rehabilitate- Lord knows it would be great if we could find a way to do this so that they incorporate empathy.
    Let em talk. The more they say, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    You're right there- ends up being stupid on their part, and I'm sure judges just "love" all the farce

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Exactly. I was shocked his lawyer allowed him to talk at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    I don't think I missed your point.

I don't want to go off topic about TC but you are wrong in your assessment of what took place. For LE to waste time and resources to investigate a guy who was completely innocent of any wrongdoing is incomprehensible, imo

TC was just like us. A sleuth.

They had bigger fish to worry about
    BBM-Agree. Don't want to get off topic on him either, but so I'm clear, I wasn't talking about whether or not it was a waste of time and resources to investigate TC. It might have been. Might not. I don't have firsthand knowledge of exactly how much of a negative impact he was making on the investigation.

What I was referring to was the fact that LE would have to waste time and resources following up on his 3-4 false leads and rumors that he was reporting a week beginning at least in June of 2011. Sleuthing is much different than inserting one's self into an investigation, so no, I'd say he was nothing like the vast majority of us here. On that, we can just agree to disagree and I'll move on.

I have a feeling that the lawyer may not have sanctioned the interview.

Bottom line, attorney can advice client, but if client refuses to follow the advice of counsel, client ultimately runs the show.

I found it interesting that the attorney is whining about lack of access to his client when the press has apparently had much more (free) access to him than the attorney.

The interview happened at a table, face to face, no door no glass.

So what is all this about trying to talk through cel door and thick glass bullcarp?
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    I have a feeling that the lawyer may not have sanctioned the interview.

Bottom line, attorney can advice client, but if client refuses to follow the advice of counsel, client ultimately runs the show.

I found it interesting that the attorney is whining about lack of access to his client when the press has apparently had much more (free) access to him than the attorney.

The interview happened at a table, face to face, no door no glass.

So what is all this about trying to talk through cel door and thick glass bullcarp?
    From the impression I get of the lawyer, he may actually be encouraging this behavior to swing public opinion in JA's favor. Just a thought.

At some point in the near future, I'll be moving this case to the awaiting trials area. Just wanted to give you guys a head's up in case you come in this area and think everyone was abducted or somethin'. :kimsterwink:

Quote Originally Posted by reedus23 View Post
    Exactly. I was shocked his lawyer allowed him to talk at all.
    Why are you shocked? He's proclaiming his innocence. I don't believe there was anything in the interview that would incriminate him at trial. It will be whatever physical evidence found that will (if any)

1 - He said he didn't know Holly

2 - He said he and ZA were drug buddies

3 - He said Dylan hated his brother

Did I miss anything that you feel would sway the jury to a guilty verdict from that interview?

His attorney said he has an alibi. That, IMO, may be his downfall, if the alibi is weak.

Strange that JA didn't say he did in the interview.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast