803 users online (71 members and 732 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Edwin Vargas, 2, Los Angeles, 23 May 2014

Edwin Vargas (2 years old)

Last seen May 23, 2014 in Los Angeles, CA

Vehicle:
    2004 Nissan Quest, Orange
    California license plate #7CIN189
    THIS IS AN AMBER ALERT MESSAGE FROM THE CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL.
    A CHILD ABDUCTION OCCURRED ON MAY 23, 2014, AT 06:36 AM, IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA. THE CHILD'S NAME IS EDWIN VARGAS, A 2 YEAR OLD HISPANIC MALE. THE SUSPECT IS ABRAHAM VARGAS, A 27 YEAR OLD HISPANIC MALE.
    LAST SEEN DRIVING A 2004 ORANGE NISSAN QUEST, CA LICENSE PLATE NUMBER 7CIN189.
    ADDITIONAL INFO: TINTED WINDOWS.

If you have information, contact:
    Los Angeles Police Department
    Call: 323-342-4185

MORE HERE

Dang, I botched the title. It should say Los Angeles. Sorry mods, it's my first.

lol, no worries mrsobrien been there done that, most of us have

Did you pm a mod so they can revise it?

Thanks for the thread start, I hadn't heard about this one. sharing.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Missing child

Edwin Vargas

Suspect

Abraham Vargas

http://www.google.org/publicalerts/a...=US&source=web

LA, CA so not wrong - right? A mod can add the city but I would have them leave the CA because if its just LA people will think louisiana
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

San Diego Breaking ‏@SDBreakingNews1 4m
    #BREAKING #AmberAlert Edwin Vargas is a 2 y/o boy. Father is Abraham Vargas and is considered Armed and Dangerous! Call 9-1-1 if seen!

https://twitter.com/SDBreakingNews1

I'm in San Diego, a common route between L.A. and the Mexican border. Shoot, if I lived on the other side of my building I could watch I-5 and wait for them to pass. Hopefully he is apprehended before they make it this far though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    San Diego Breaking ‏@SDBreakingNews1 4m
    #BREAKING #AmberAlert Edwin Vargas is a 2 y/o boy. Father is Abraham Vargas and is considered Armed and Dangerous! Call 9-1-1 if seen!

https://twitter.com/SDBreakingNews1

Car Found Unoccupied After Father Allegedly Abducts Son in Boyle Heights

An Amber Alert for a 2-year-old boy who was allegedly kidnapped by his father in Boyle Heights was issued Friday morning, about an hour after LAPD told KTLA the system was down.

The boy was sitting in a vehicle as his mother retrieved another child from within a house in the 1000 block of Lorena Street (map) when his father allegedly took the vehicle and child around 6:30 a.m.

[snip]

About five hours hours later, the vehicle that Vargas was thought to be driving was found unoccupied in East Los Angeles.

[snip]

“There was a restraining order on file,” Lopez said. “He had made previous statements to other folks that if he had the opportunity he would take his child and flee toward Mexico.”

Oh noooo... So now we have no vehicle description. LE better be posted up at the San Ysidro crossing like NOW. They could have easily gotten there already.
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    Car Found Unoccupied After Father Allegedly Abducts Son in Boyle Heights

An Amber Alert for a 2-year-old boy who was allegedly kidnapped by his father in Boyle Heights was issued Friday morning, about an hour after LAPD told KTLA the system was down.

The boy was sitting in a vehicle as his mother retrieved another child from within a house in the 1000 block of Lorena Street (map) when his father allegedly took the vehicle and child around 6:30 a.m.

[snip]

About five hours hours later, the vehicle that Vargas was thought to be driving was found unoccupied in East Los Angeles.

[snip]

“There was a restraining order on file,” Lopez said. “He had made previous statements to other folks that if he had the opportunity he would take his child and flee toward Mexico.”

That's really distressing about the vehicle, they could be anywhere. I wonder if he had help getting another one or he's hiding somewhere in the area?

doesn't sound like this is a situation where the little boy will be harmed (physically). sounds like he was just desperate to be with his boy. but meh. his poor mama!
    "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
    ~ Maya Angelou

it would also be reaaaaaaaally helpful if we knew where the car was found!

was it near his home? near the coaster?
    "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
    ~ Maya Angelou

Loudest amber alert ever on my phone today...but they didn't say what child or description of adult, just the car.

Parental abductions don't seem to tend toward harming the children, but I worry about this guy being armed and desperate. Being so close to the border is worrisome as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamacita View Post
    doesn't sound like this is a situation where the little boy will be harmed (physically). sounds like he was just desperate to be with his boy. but meh. his poor mama!

Quote Originally Posted by mamacita View Post
    it would also be reaaaaaaaally helpful if we knew where the car was found!

was it near his home? near the coaster?
    Authorities say they have found the vehicle used by a man suspected of kidnapping his 2-year-old son Friday in the Boyle Heights area of Los Angeles, but father and son remain missing.
    "They've had other discussions and he's made statements threatening to take the child and go toward Mexico, but this is the first time he's actually taken any action."
    http://www.10news.com/news/amber-ale...of-los-angeles

All electronic highway signs are still showing the vehicle description here in San Diego. I knew you guys would be all of this! Good job mrsobrien!
    Last edited by SDHELPS; 05-23-2014 at 05:14 PM. Reason: add quote
    Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast