Pricey pooch purses

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Luxury handbags go to the dogs

Robert Frank CNBC

May 22, 2014 at 4:25 PM ET

Just when you thought the pampered pet craze had gone too far, a luxury company has just come up with a new badge of excess: The pawbag.

Pawbags are handbags for dogs. But not just any handbag. Pawbags are miniature replicas of the four-figure, croc-skin and calf's leather designer bags worn by their owners.

"A handbag is a statement of style, and many women want that statement to be seen from head to toe and even on their dog," said Amar Thapen, editor-in- chief of VeryFirstTo.Com, a website that gives members first looks at luxury experiences and trips when they launch...

http://www.today.com/pets/luxury-handbags-go-dogs-2D79703332?__source=xfinity|mod&par=xfinity

Looks like a strangulation hazard.Poor dogs lugging that around and getting in the way of eating and drinking.A statement piece?It is apparent what the statement is.

Pricey Pooch Purses?!? :gasp:

Are the purses made from pooches?!? :gasp:

J/K...:facepalm:

I thought that pampering the pets means doing something they like but it's a bit difficult to imagine a dog caring about matching their outfit with the owner's designer handbags.

I wonder if my dog's iphone and ipad will fit, or, will he need a matching briefcase.

This is ridiculous! That money could be so much better spent to save the millions of dogs that are killed in pounds and to find them good homes. Also, to spay and neuter dogs so there aren't so many ending up in pounds. I foster rescue dogs and have trained dogs for over 50 years. Dogs want to be dogs, not miniature people or fashion statements. Dogs like to have a job to do but not carrying a purse! My Labrador retriever is a certified therapy dog and she wears a vest and ID when working, but that's just to identify her as a therapy dog. I'm the one who carries her back pack of supplies, not her.

Our beloved Jack Russell acted like he was in a strait jacket and refused to move if we put a sweater on him. He also didn't like anything around his neck except his collar - i.e. no holiday ribbons, jingle bells, etc. :tantrum:

My dogs got a thing about shutting any open purses or bags, and I swear I've never made him carry one! But he'll run up to someone in the street and try and nudge shut their shopping bag, if he thinks it's too open.

Just in his case, getting him his own purse might be a good idea....it would keep his nose out of other people's!

ETA: That trait of his came in handy when some pickpockets targeted Mr Z and I in Barcelona - along with his big, fierce sister's dislike of anyone getting too close to her dad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back