1050 users online (203 members and 847 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    554

    FL - Richard Hawes Faces Child Porn Charges, 2005

    Maybe a crime? Kinda weird story, at any rate.
    Police yesterday released two photographs of a blue-eyed, blonde girl who they believe may be in an unsafe situation. The photographs appear to be of the child taken at different ages. Authorities are concerned for her safety and well-being after receiving a tip about her.
    Please take a look at this little peanut, pass her photos around:
    http://unionleader.com/articles_show...?article=55945

    http://www.thewmurchannel.com/news/4580747/detail.html

    Making no mistakes is what establishes the certainty of victory, for it means conquering an enemy that is already defeated. -Sun Tzu

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,320
    Shes Beautiful! Prayers that she is found soon and safe!
    And thats all I have to say about that!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,750
    That's kind of vague, but I understand it is due to the investigation...I certainly hope she is safe...I hope this isn't another case like the Disney porn
    When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    It was just reported on FOX that LE received an anonymous tip that the girl might be in danger, and that her parents may not be aware of it. Very, very strange. In any case, they are asking for this child to be identified as quickly as possible.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern US
    Posts
    1,207
    This sounds really odd to me, maybe I'm just not getting it.
    They got an anonymous tip that the girl Could be in danger?

    The caller must've said some pretty horrible things to get
    them to look into this.

    However- I'm a little skeptical on this. Could it be a person who is
    mad at the parents or caretaker of this child and decide to just say
    hey she could be in danger?

    And how does this anonymous person know this child?
    Why don't they know the person who has the child?? If they
    have two pictures of her. I'm confused

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    I have no idea what's going on but it's better safe than sorry, I guess. So I copied and pasted the photos and media links into an e-mail, and mailed it to everyone I know. Maybe you can all do the same just in case.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon25
    Why don't they know the person who has the child?? If they
    have two pictures of her. I'm confused
    I get the impression that the child is with her parents ... not missing. Just that someone perhaps knows something but doesn't want anyone to know that it is him/her that came forward. And I don't think it's someone with something against the parents because it was stated that the parents may not be aware of the danger.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
    And I don't think it's someone with something against the parents because it was stated that the parents may not be aware of the danger.
    Yeah, I got that impression, too. I don't know, perhaps the tip came from someone who found the pictures on a *certain* kind of website... and felt that someone known to the parents might be planning something. I also hope this isn't like the Disney girl. But the lack of any info and lack of phrases like "suspected abuse" make me think this is child porn-related.

    I also don't like that in one of the images (without the pigtails) it looks like she is sitting on a bed, and from the neck/shoulder area, at least- she isn't wearing clothing.
    Making no mistakes is what establishes the certainty of victory, for it means conquering an enemy that is already defeated. -Sun Tzu

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Unfortunately, it does sound like child porn is a distinct possibility. The tipster has to be family or close friend to have those pictures. So why would they be afraid to make their identity known? Could it be that another family member is the one posing the danger?

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerized
    I also don't like that in one of the images (without the pigtails) it looks like she is sitting on a bed, and from the neck/shoulder area, at least- she isn't wearing clothing.
    I hadn't noticed this, and just looked again when you mentioned it. I really, really hope that they find out who this little girl is, and make sure that she is okay!!! What an angelic little face.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    554
    http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/DBB1609/

    "It's credible. It's legitimate," Fowke said of the tip. He said he could not elaborate.

    One photo shows the girl, who appears to be a toddler, in a blue dress with her hair in pigtails. The other shows her with shorter hair, wearing small gold earrings.






    Making no mistakes is what establishes the certainty of victory, for it means conquering an enemy that is already defeated. -Sun Tzu

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerized
    Yeah, I got that impression, too. I don't know, perhaps the tip came from someone who found the pictures on a *certain* kind of website... and felt that someone known to the parents might be planning something. I also hope this isn't like the Disney girl. But the lack of any info and lack of phrases like "suspected abuse" make me think this is child porn-related.

    I also don't like that in one of the images (without the pigtails) it looks like she is sitting on a bed, and from the neck/shoulder area, at least- she isn't wearing clothing.

    Hammerized, I think you hit the nail on the head. Heh! I bet the tipster does not even know the parents. Just saw the picture on the internet w/another minor and called police. I say minor since they stated the "parents" might not be aware. If it were an adult male they may assume it was the father. Although I wonder how they knew what area to call?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by pugsley
    Although I wonder how they knew what area to call?
    This is one of the reasons I think that the tipster is someone that knows the family. But then again, why not just tip LE off to the child's name at the same time to save a lot of difficulty, (unless deliberately trying to make it look as if it's not someone close to the family). You don't suppose a pedophile, himself (or herself), would contact LE, would you? We sometimes hear about one that doesn't want to harm children but can't help him/herself. I do think that my last theory mentioned is utterly ridiculous but since it popped into my mind, I thought I'd throw it out there.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
    This is one of the reasons I think that the tipster is someone that knows the family. But then again, why not just tip LE off to the child's name at the same time to save a lot of difficulty, (unless deliberately trying to make it look as if it's not someone close to the family). You don't suppose a pedophile, himself (or herself), would contact LE, would you? We sometimes hear about one that doesn't want to harm children but can't help him/herself. I do think that my last theory mentioned is utterly ridiculous but since it popped into my mind, I thought I'd throw it out there.

    The other article from channel 7 out of Boston stated that tips came in from all around New England. Maybe the perp. was stupid enough to give a clue as to his location.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by lady-eowyn
    That's kind of vague, but I understand it is due to the investigation...I certainly hope she is safe...I hope this isn't another case like the Disney porn
    I agree it is very vague...
    Just my opinion of course!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY PA - Boyertown Area teacher faces court on child porn charges
    By mysteriew in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2016, 03:45 AM
  2. GUILTY CA - Melvin Flemings for child sex assault & child porn charges, 2011
    By Missizzy in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2016, 04:01 AM
  3. GUILTY OR - David Feathers for sex abuse, child porn, Molalla, 2010
    By Texas Mist in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 10:58 AM
  4. MA - Larry Laube faces child porn charges, Braintree, 2005
    By mysteriew in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-26-2005, 06:11 PM
  5. FL - Gael O'Riorden faces 516 charges over child porn, 2005
    By mysteriew in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 01:59 AM