653 users online (73 members and 580 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

FL - Logan Fontana, 4, Pensacola Bay, 24 May 2014

USCG: 4-year-old child missing, helicopter searches Pensacola Bay -

Pensacola, Fla. (WALA)-
    An official with the U.S. Coast Guard has confirmed that a 4-year-old child has fallen off a boat in Pensacola Bay and is missing. According to officials, the incident happened on Saturday May 24, 2014. Officials say the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, U.S. Coast Guard helicopter, and good Samaritans are scouring Pensacola Bay.
    http://fox10tv.com/2014/05/24/uscg-c...-in-pensacola/
    Last edited by Salem; 05-26-2014 at 09:27 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Oh dear

(And I can't believe this is the second four year old boy - both without names given initially - missing by or in water this week!)

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2014/0...l-bay/9547377/

The search will continue today for a Pensacola boy who fell from his grandfather's boat into Pensacola Bay without a life jacket on Saturday.
    More:

According to Stan Kirkland with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, the boy, whose identity has not yet been released, had been wearing a life jacket but asked his grandfather to remove sand from it.

According to Kirkland, the boy's grandfather removed the sand and gave the life jacket back to the boy, believing the by had put it back on when he returned to the boat's steering console.

Kirkland said the boy was out of the grandfather's sight as the grandfather accelerated the 20-foot boat.

The grandfather realized the boy had fallen overboard shortly thereafter.
    Reported missing at 3:58.

"There's always hope," Kirkland said. "The searchers aren't giving up."

A Coast Guard spokesman on Saturday said the boy has blond hair and was wearing blue swim trunks.

Pic of the search:

Specifics on location:

About 4 p.m., a 911 caller reported the boy had fallen off a 20-foot boat somewhere between Ft. Pickens and NAS Pensacola
    http://www.northescambia.com/2014/05...falls-off-boat

How tragic. I bet the grandfather is beside himself with grief.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

So sad....praying for a miracle.

This makes me so sickened. It was a preventable accident/loss of life. Those life vest are necessary for everyone. A four year old cant be trusted to put on their own vest or shoes for that matter. Heartbreaking!
    I am so sorry for this family.

The life jacket was taken off the child, and the grandfather told authorities he gave it back to him and thought he put it on before he moved the boat.
    http://www.northescambia.com/2014/05...falls-off-boat
    Always do the right thing because you do enough things you think are right that end up being wrong-my dad-RIP 1/19/2013

Emergency officials are searching for a 4-year-old boy who fell off a boat in Pensacola Bay near Fort Pickens. -

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Logan Fontana

Search Continues For Missing Logan -

PENSACOLA, Florida -
    The search continues in Pensacola Bay for 4 year-old Logan Fontana. Fontana was fishing with his grandfather Saturday afternoon when he fell overboard from the boat. The child was not wearing a lifejacket. According to family, the grandfather was rinsing off the jacket in the water when he handed it back to the child, but before he could put it on he had fallen into the water.
    http://www.wkrg.com/story/25609005/s...-missing-logan
    Attached Images Attached Images

I hope that the police check out grandpas story very carefully, just to be sure that nothing bad happened to the little boy prior to the boat ride. It is hard to believe that the child's parents were ok with their four year old to ride in the boat without another person to watch out for him while grandpa drove. That is just plain reckless, especially if grandpa has such poor judgement about expecting that little boy to immediately put on the life jacket and secure it properly. Only a fool would hand it to him and takeoff without securing the life jacket properly.

So which is it? Grandpa really that irresponsible or is the story a over up for something else?

MOO

Every time I see another post added to this thread, I'm literally terrified to come in and read it. I don't see there is any possible way that this little cutie is alive.

God, please let me be wrong.

My belief is this was a very tragic accident, perhaps due to a serious error in judgment by the grandfather who should have assisted Logan in putting on the life jacket. It does seem negligent also with regard to no other adults on board which left the 4 year old boy to be unsupervised while the grandfather was steering the boat.

However, I am certain while the family is second-guessing everything, they are also grieving and therefore they are in my thoughts and prayers.

Just very sad...

MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Unhappy

Another photo of Logan...

and the accompanying article
    Rest in Peace

Not looking good

"When this occurred yesterday, the tide was slack, not really doing anything," Berryman said near the shore behind the Coast Guard station on Pensacola Naval Air Station. "But shortly thereafter, the tide started going out, and the tide is very strong through this area. Our hope is he didn't go out the pass."

In the same article it is explained that grandpa had to steer out of the way of oncoming traffic, which is why he turned away from the boy.

Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    Not looking good

"When this occurred yesterday, the tide was slack, not really doing anything," Berryman said near the shore behind the Coast Guard station on Pensacola Naval Air Station. "But shortly thereafter, the tide started going out, and the tide is very strong through this area. Our hope is he didn't go out the pass."

In the same article it is explained that grandpa had to steer out of the way of oncoming traffic, which is why he turned away from the boy.

Very sad.
    Yes, I also noticed in that article mention of the oncoming boats. It is unimaginable to think what may have happened to little Logan once he went underwater.

Rest in Peace

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast