GUILTY NC - Corey McRee & Shamika Reaves for beating, raping 3yo boy, Charlotte, 2014

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
WARNING - SEVERE ABUSE - POSSIBLE TRIGGERS - SEXUAL ABUSE

I looked for a thread on this one searching for either adult charged by name and by searching the general abuses in this case. Could not find one. The child has not been named because of the sexual abuse/mutilation :(

I pray this child is not suffering as he fights for his life. I cannot imagine the severity of his suffering and pain while this was being done to him. I hope the mother and the boyfriend rot on earth and then rot in hell for eternity for what they have done to this little guy.

It broke my heart to find this case.

We have to stop child abuse. We have to do better by these babies. We simply must.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police spent most of Tuesday investigating a horrific case of child abuse.
A 3-year-old boy is in critical and unstable condition at Carolinas Medical Center; his mother, 23-year-old Shamika Reaves, and her boyfriend, 32-year-old Corey McCree, have both been arrested on felony child abuse charges.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/3-year-old-boy-severely-beaten-in-Charlotte-260025811.html

In a statement made Thursday, the county says Youth Family Services first made contact with Shamika Reaves on March 10. Officials opened the investigation after learning of an alleged sexual assault against the boy committed by another child two months prior, the county says.

SNIP

Investigators say the boy gave contradictory statements regarding the allegations against the other woman’s child, and they were unable to reach any conclusions based on interviews with Reaves and McCree. Reaves reportedly scheduled a forensic evaluation for her son on April 7 but did not appear.

Since, officials say Reaves’ phone number was disconnected and they were unable to locate her until this week’s incident.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/Coun...used-3-year-old-beating-victim-260435911.html

"The whole left side of his head is gone. When I look at his private area -- his private area -- Oh, God,” said Felisha Brown, the victim’s grandmother.

She’s currently praying for her grandson’s recovery. He’s fighting for his life at CMC.

Both 23-year-old Shamika Reaves and 32-year-old Corey McCree are accused of abuse charges. McCree is also charged with sexually assaulting the boy. Police say it happened where the couple has been living, at the Express Inn near Freedom and I-85.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/Fami...mom-boyfriend-accused-of-abuse-260202511.html

In addition to abuse counts, McCree also faces sexual assault charges in the case. Dreamin' Demon reports that the boy's genitals were mutilated. WSOC obtained a description of the child's sexual assault injuries, but said they were too graphic to publish.

The boy's godmother, Gwendolyn Lee, told WSOC that she had reported possible sexual abuse of the boy to police in March, but that social workers allowed the child to remain with his mother.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...s-corey-mcree_n_5388484.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

WHY?
I can't even read the entire article. I am sick to my stomach.

Heart breaking. Another little one who was left with his abusers. My prayers are with this little guy. I hope he is in no pain. May justice be swift and severe!!! These adults aren't people.......they're monsters!

the dreamin demon site mentioned and link embedded above in the huffpost article does indeed relay more rumored info about the mutilation and it is horrific. I will not link directly to the dreamin demon site nor quote it because I am not sure it is an approved link.

the dreamin demon site mentioned and link embedded above in the huffpost article does indeed relay more rumored info about the mutilation and it is horrific. I will not link directly to the dreamin demon site nor quote it because I am not sure it is an approved link.

After Gabriel, I'm not sure I can read it..........

Kudos to the grandmother for standing up to these two savages!

"So if he does recover, pull through, it's going to be challenging for him. So since you guys wanted to take the life out of him and make it challenging for him, I promise you I’ll never miss a court date, a parole date, no date for them. I’m going to make sure it’s a challenge for them too,” Brown said.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/Fami...mom-boyfriend-accused-of-abuse-260202511.html

ETA: IMO the death penalty would be ideal for these two!

I am so mad right now.

I am trying to figure out where Reaves was "away" at when Godmother Lee was keeping little man for a year and a half

“They won't even let me see him. I'm all he knows. I haven’t seen him since his mama took him out of my house,” said Gwendolyn Lee.

Lee said she had reported to police in March that the little boy may have been sexually assaulted, but social workers did not keep the boy away from his mother or her boyfriend.

Video at the link as well http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/police-mom-pushed-critically-injured-3-year-old-ag/nf42P/

So this mother took this child from the only actual mother figure he had had in his memory (Godmother Lee who had been raising him probably with no legal custody arrangement) and then mom shows up ad yanks him out of her home to go crash on couches and hotel rooms with boyfriend who is rumored to have been already charged with a previous sexual assault (no link - RUMORED - still trying to substantiate)

Shades of Gabriel, Shades of Jhessye, and so many other children who this current system was unable or unwilling to act to protect.

What kind of demons do this to a child??? I will never, never understand!

I am struggling to keep my breakfast down. I'm so sorry that you were taken away from your safe place little man :( I don't know whether to hope for his recovery or for a release for him from the pain of this nightmare.

Where was everyone during the time this little boy was suffering?
Yes, the grandmother's words are strong now, but, where has she been until now? Grandmother Lee reported them in March, but, has she called LE? Did she continue to complain? The other residents and employees at the hotel...did anyone hear screams or see anything?

Where was everone while this little boy was tortured?!

McCree, the warrant states, was also investigated by Charlotte police in 2007 after he was accused of sexually assaulting a then three-year-old boy, and again in 2010 after being accused of sexually assaulting two 14-year-old girls.

DSS released the following statement to WBTV Thursday night:

This case came to the attention of the Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services, Division of Youth and Family Services (YFS), on 10 March 2014. The referral alleged that TR and his mother, Shamika Reaves, were residing in a home in which another female and her children also lived. The referral alleged that one of the other female's children had been sexual assaulted by that child's grandfather approximately two months earlier and that that child victim had, at some point, sexually assaulted TR.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/25580190/...-arrested-for-assault-sex-abuse-of-3-year-old

well there ya go, an equal opportunity pedo sadist freak. Sex or age of victim appears not to matter much to Mr. McCree, convenience and availability would seem to be his big triggers.

:sick:

I am not ready yet to jump on the grandmother or the godmother.

Seems to me that Shamika was on the run trying to stay ahead of the CPS/DSS investigation prompted by the godmother. I have a feeling Shamika may have also been ducking these two ladies who were trying to track down a child they were once big part of life to and mom just bolted to here there and parts unknown.

I am not sure what else they should have done. This mother knew her arse was toast and they would be taking that baby and so she bolted and hid from the investigation.

This poor child.

Oh poor baby. It will always confuse me when people won't hand over a child to cps only to abuse them. I'll be praying for this little guy.

Why in the world did they ("mother" and her boyfriend) call 911 around 3:45 am? They obviously don't give a carp about this child, so why bother calling? Although I am glad that they did so that the child can get the help he so desperately needs, and the couple can rot in jail while awaiting their trials. But are they that stupid that they thought they could just walk away after EMS saw the shape the child was in? Stupid, stupid people.

God bless this child, keep him safe in your arms, protect him from anymore pain and suffering.

MOO

I am always astounded and yet thrilled when people who abused a child heinously think that LE and medical personnel will simply take them at their ridiculous word about how a child sustained such injuries.

I will never understand the stupidity either but boy I sure am glad it exists or we would have lots more parents "forgetting" to report their child missing til months after they had murdered them and gotten rid of the bodies.

Yeah, how people were supposed to believe that this child's genitals were mutilated beyond recognition because he allegedly ate "incense" is beyond me.

MOO speculation no facts or link.

I believe this child has been being sexually abused by this man since his mother took him from the godmother who was raising him.

I believe the beating and the mutilation was done by mom and boyfriend because the child somehow got into or was a threat somehow to their K-2 or whatever their weed of choice.

"insense" is code for the kid F'd with my stash IMO.

So mom beat the friggin crap out of him and boyfriend mutilated his genitalia and probably beat him as well.

What irritates me is that I think this disgusting person took that child from his home that he knew and his mother figure because her boyfriend likes little boys and mom wanted to keep her boyfriend and she wanted to have a small child who could gain her more benefits and quicker access to them due to his young age.

I think she did it for selfish purposes and then when godmother reported concerns and DSS/CPS tried to investigate she was probably really irritated that now she couldn't use him to get those services. She couldn't trot him out and provide an address to DHS because then DSS might find her/him and continue to investigate the couple and remove the child. Now all he was good for was to keep her sick boyfriend happy.

That bit above is again, just MOO and pure speculation but I have seen too many Jhessyes, Shaniyas and Gabriels to not be this cynical.

I am always astounded and yet thrilled when people who abused a child heinously think that LE and medical personnel will simply take them at their ridiculous word about how a child sustained such injuries.

I will never understand the stupidity either but boy I sure am glad it exists or we would have lots more parents "forgetting" to report their child missing til months after they had murdered them and gotten rid of the bodies.

Yeah, how people were supposed to believe that this child's genitals were mutilated beyond recognition because he allegedly ate "incense" is beyond me.

MOO speculation no facts or link.

I believe this child has been being sexually abused by this man since his mother took him from the godmother who was raising him.

I believe the beating and the mutilation was done by mom and boyfriend because the child somehow got into or was a threat somehow to their K-2 or whatever their weed of choice.

"insense" is code for the kid F'd with my stash IMO.

So mom beat the friggin crap out of him and boyfriend mutilated his genitalia and probably beat him as well.

What irritates me is that I think this disgusting person took that child from his home that he knew and his mother figure because her boyfriend likes little boys and mom wanted to keep her boyfriend and she wanted to have a small child who could gain her more benefits and quicker access to them due to his young age.

I think she did it for selfish purposes and then when godmother reported concerns and DSS/CPS tried to investigate she was probably really irritated that now she couldn't use him to get those services. She couldn't trot him out and provide an address to DHS because then DSS might find her/him and continue to investigate the couple and remove the child. Now all he was good for was to keep her sick boyfriend happy.

That bit above is again, just MOO and pure speculation but I have seen too many Jhessyes, Shaniyas and Gabriels to not be this cynical.
Thanks button isn't enough... My thoughts exactly!

Been trying to form an intelligent response to this case all day. Maybe tomorrow...:(

I can't read any of the details right now but I will be keeping this little one in my thoughts tonight. Keep fighting little guy ... the monsters are gone now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back