The Royal Bum

TrackerSam

Reaction score
Royal privacy row as German tabloid publishes picture of the Duchess of Cambridge’s bare behind when her skirt blew up during Australia tour.

A German newspaper has risked a royal upset by publishing a photograph of the Duchess of Cambridge’s bare bottom.
The picture was taken during Kate’s recent tour of Australia when a gust of wind briefly caught her dress – and her flimsy underwear did not offer much protection.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-skirt-blew-Australia-tour.html#ixzz32vRZDoWo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/leu...dashian-schoene-kehrseiten-36136770.bild.html

What underwear? I don't think she was wearing any.

I'm thinking maybe Kate is a bit of a exhibitionist. Remember those topless sunbathing photos? She has to know a camara is always focused on her.

I think she should be able to wear whatever underwear she pleases. MANY women wear thong underwear. There is nothing exhibitionist about it. Sure she knows the press will be there. And if she has obvious panty lines, they will be talking about that. The topless photos where on her balcony. It was SUPPOSED to be a private, and secure part of the island. There is nothing exhibitionist about being topless, when you think there is no way of someone seeing. They used a crazy lens from very far away, and they didn't think they would be anywhere near the secure spot they were. They have taken similar vacations since, and you don't see it happening again. Most likely, because they know realize they don't get secured private vacations. It's impossible, even when people promise them security. There is nothing exhibitionist about a helicopter lifting a skirt. How many helicopters has she been on, dozens? This is the first bare bum photo, so obviously she wasn't counting on this particular helicopter lifting her skirt.

Now, I literally couldn't care less about the royal family. I often find it strange what is and is not allowed. I mean, if someone walked by and took a cell phone photo up her skirt, but you can post a bare photo without someone's consent. It makes no sense. I'm not a defender of the royal family (I actually think having them is pointless) but a girl should be able to wear underwear she i comfortable in and walk under a helicopter, without some creepy photographer publishing a photo of her private parts, that she OBVIOUSLY didn't consent to showing or the picture of.

I also think she should be able to wear whatever she wants. But if you do, and it gets photographed, there you are. Don't get bent about it. I could bend over and show my bare, necked azz, and no one would even bother to look.

I also think she should be able to wear whatever she wants. But if you do, and it gets photographed, there you are. Don't get bent about it. I could bend over and show my bare, necked azz, and no one would even bother to look.

I beg to differ. If I wear a thong and a random thing happens that lifts my skirt, I would absolutely be mad that a photo of my privates are circulating the web. No matter who I am. We should be able to leave our homes with the expectation (if we are famous or just an everyday person) that people won't take advantage and exploit our bodies.

The thing is, it's not like she wore a thong and did something that would cause her bottom to be exposed. If she was doing something silly, that everyone knows would make that happen...it's one thing. She wasn't, she was walking to a helicopter.

WTH?? I came on here to see who the press was accusing now of being a bum in a royal family. Instead, I find a thread about Princess Kate's derrière. Seriously?

I beg to differ. If I wear a thong and a random thing happens that lifts my skirt, I would absolutely be mad that a photo of my privates are circulating the web. No matter who I am. We should be able to leave our homes with the expectation (if we are famous or just an everyday person) that people won't take advantage and exploit our bodies.

The thing is, it's not like she wore a thong and did something that would cause her bottom to be exposed. If she was doing something silly, that everyone knows would make that happen...it's one thing. She wasn't, she was walking to a helicopter.

When you are in public, you don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy. So if you wear a thong (or go commando) and your skirt flies up, you have yourself to blame. Put on some panties before going out in a skirt.
:floorlaugh:

When you are in public, you don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy. So if you wear a thong (or go commando) and your skirt flies up, you have yourself to blame. Put on some panties before going out in a skirt.
:floorlaugh:

Thongs are panties. And yes, you DO have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Everyone should be able to go out of their home without body parts being splashed on the internet.

I'm actually kind of disgusted that I live in a world that thinks it's okay to publish body parts without consent.

Again, out in public you don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy. While nobody follows us around to take photos, we are likely on security camera most of the time while we are out. If you don't want people to look at your naked bum, dress accordingly.

Again, out in public you don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy. While nobody follows us around to take photos, we are likely on security camera most of the time while we are out. If you don't want people to look at your naked bum, dress accordingly.

It's not people looking, that I take issue with.

It's the publishing of photos without consent. Again, I DO have a reasonable expectation of privacy. People can't walk around and take pictures up my skirt and publish them. They shouldn't be able to do this either.

It doesn't matter what I wear. The publishing of what is considered private body parts without consent, should be illegal. She DID cover her butt. She was wearing a skirt. She wasn't walking around nude.

It's not people looking, that I take issue with.

It's the publishing of photos without consent. Again, I DO have a reasonable expectation of privacy. People can't walk around and take pictures up my skirt and publish them. They shouldn't be able to do this either.

It doesn't matter what I wear. The publishing of what is considered private body parts without consent, should be illegal. She DID cover her butt. She was wearing a skirt. She wasn't walking around nude.

Skirt + wind + thong (or commando) = naked behind. I am sure everybody knows that.

Thongs are panties. And yes, you DO have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Everyone should be able to go out of their home without body parts being splashed on the internet.

I'm actually kind of disgusted that I live in a world that thinks it's okay to publish body parts without consent.

I agree. It was posted on Drudge Report yesterday morning. Disappointed in Drudge for posting that. That's more like tmz style.

But I do hope from now on when I see a pic of her in a dress, I hope I don't wonder if she's wearing undies,
ick:floorlaugh:

Skirt + wind + thong (or commando) = naked behind. I am sure everybody knows that.

Again, it doesn't matter what she wears. No one should have the right to PUBLISH pictures of nude body parts. Why is that so hard to understand. It's not about her clothes, or what you consider lacking.

Blue - I think I understand what you are trying to say unfortunately morals don't come into play when they have the legal right to publish the pictures.

I love Kate but seriously, there has been a long standing issue with her skirt blowing up and have read articles that the queen has given her skirt length requirements now or something. Maybe the queen will make her wear the traditional granny panties from now on too. :floorlaugh:

Blue - I think I understand what you are trying to say unfortunately morals don't come into play when they have the legal right to publish the pictures.

I love Kate but seriously, there has been a long standing issue with her skirt blowing up and have read articles that the queen has given her skirt length requirements now or something. Maybe the queen will make her wear the traditional granny panties from now on too. :floorlaugh:

It should be legal, that is the problem. I don't care if it's a royal family member, or plain jane walking down the street. Our laws need to catch up with technology!

Again, I DO have a reasonable expectation of privacy. People can't walk around and take pictures up my skirt and publish them. They shouldn't be able to do this either.

Not when you're out in public. As Jjenny said, too many cameras these days. Public means public. A picture of our butts are probably worthless, but a picture of Kate's butt is worth a few quid. If she had an ugly butt I could see her being embarassed, but she has a nice butt. The photographer took the picture in a public setting. Doe's he have a right? Oh yea. Keeping her skirt down is her responsibility. Arguing about it now is moot.

Not when you're out in public. As Jjenny said, too many cameras these days. Public means public. A picture of our butts are probably worthless, but a picture of Kate's butt is worth a few quid. If she had an ugly butt I could see her being embarassed, but she has a nice butt. The photographer took the picture in a public setting. Doe's he have a right? Oh yea. Keeping her skirt down is her responsibility. Arguing about it now is moot.

Keeping people from publishing pictures of her body, should not be her responsibility. It should be the laws responsibility.

If I am at a beach and my top comes up, because of a strong wave...no one should have the right to publish those photos. If I am breastfeeding and am momentarily exposed, no one should have the right to publish those pictures. Public does NOT mean exploiting people. It shouldn't.

The fact that you are making this into an attractive body part vs. unattractive, is really gross. Not to mention a symptom of a really larger problem.

Kate is under a microscope that far surpasses even those of other celebrities. Time to invest in some granny panties dearest girl. I agree, when you are the most looked at photographed woman in the world (or one of a handful) the onus is on her to select wardrobe that is function and weather appropriate and avoids easily predictable wardrobe malfunctions.

Unfortunately no royal married or birthed has EVER had the expectation to enjoy any rights as far as privacy go. It may not be right but it is what is.

Kate had a very clear understanding of the amount of attention she would be subjected to any time she leaves the privacy of her own quarters. MOO

I don't want to butt in but it's better than most news I read. It's not like she had a hat on too and had to decide which one to grab. ;)

From living here, there is a definite protocol in Germany, it seems to me, about nudity/body parts.

Basically, (especially in areas of relaxation/play) it's okay. Or, in the case of Munich and other cities, to take baths in glass fronted bathrooms that face the street. Without curtains.

But passers by are not supposed to look. It's really important and considered really bad manners to stare at exposed bodies. So I can't figure out how Bild keeps its market share over here, really.

Never mind. If our new Brit Royal can't follow the Queen's trick of having small weights sewn in her dress hems, maybe she can go with great great great great Grandma's surefire modesty solution?

Queen Victoria's style bloomers?

http://essentialoilslondon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/queen-victoria-knickers.jpg

ETA: Those bloomers sold for about $15,000 by the way.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/queen-victorias-bloomers-sold-for-9375-89156

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 18

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members