955 users online (162 members and 793 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #2

7 Dead in Drive-by Shooting Near UC Santa Barbara
    SANTA BARBARA, Calif. May 24, 2014 (AP)

A gunman went on a drive-by shooting rampage in a Santa Barbara student enclave and at least seven people were killed, including the attacker, authorities said.
    Investigators believe a gunman driving a black BMW acted alone in the shootings late Friday night near the University of California, Santa Barbara.
    Brown said the shootings occurred at several sites in the town, resulting in nine crime scenes.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/d...rbara-23853689

Link to Media thread: CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara shooting - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #2

Please continue here.

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    His parents and therapist/s knew of ER's many difficulties and should have acted accordingly rather than unloading him in IV. They were probably the only ones who could have possibly altered the course of his descent into hell-o. JMO

Those poor, unsuspecting, innocent victims didn't have a clue about this festering monster. [modsnip]. JMO
    His little brother he planned to kill was unsuspecting and innocent as well. Brother actually looked up to him. He planned to kill him anyway.
    Last edited by Salem; 05-27-2014 at 11:24 AM.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    His little brother he planned to kill was unsuspecting and innocent as well. Brother actually looked up to him. He planned to kill him anyway.
    Yes - and the brother was the charge of the father who long knew about ER's difficulties. JMO

Step-mom was probably relieved to finally kick ER out of their home so as to protect the innocent brother. JMO
    MOO

Yes - and the brother was the charge of the father who long knew about ER's difficulties. JMO

Step-mom was probably relieved to finally kick ER out of their home so as to protect the innocent brother. JMO
    Are you suggesting she shouldn't have?
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    Oh Absolutely I believe this to be true, they knew. jmo
    Agree, and they made sure he lived away from them. Reminds me of ostriches with their heads in the sand!

Are you suggesting she shouldn't have?
    Where do you see that suggestion? TIA
    MOO

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterby80 View Post
    I was wondering about this too and I noted that it changed from weekends with dad back to one week, one week when he got older. I wonder if it was more about mom needing the break than dad wanting him more often. I imagine he was an exhausting kid. Or maybe dad thought he needed the structure and limits he wasn't getting from mom, but step mom seemed to require. ER says that mom got him whatever he wanted, and immediately upon him wanting it. That can't have been a good thing in relation to his superior attitude.
    I just found it odd that he would go and stay at the dad's and dad was hardly ever around. It was also interesting to note that he more highly regarded dad b/c he found himself a new GF so quickly. That says a lot to me about his perception of women. Despite seemingly loving his mother, he saw she was easily replaced, and that a mother figure was interchangeable. and he was OK with that. That's not a typical reaction. Most kids are angry at the father (or mom) for doing that. Instead he respects his dad more.

B/C of my father's acquisition of a new GF, my little mind got the impression that my father was a man that woman found attractive as he was able to find a new GF in such a short period of time from divorcing my mother. I subconsciously held him in a higher regard b/c of this. It is very interesting how this phenomenon works...that males who can easily find female mates garner more respect from their fellow men, even children.
    Clearly his 7 year old self didn't organize his thoughts in this sophisticated manner, but it seems clear that he did subconsciously draw many conclusions about the experience, and those conclusions probably started laying the foundation.

It's telling he refers to her as his dad's acquisition. Is all about appearances. He doesn't say, "my dad was such a great guy, everyone liked him and I wasn't surprised he found a new GF." It's about how "women found him attractive." Nor does it ever seem to enter his mind that his father and this women fell in love, and that they made each other happy.

The more I'm learning, he definitely seems to have narcissistic issues, the hallmarks of which are having little to no empathy for others, and an obsessive self interest.

As parents, we normally love our children unconditionally. That is our job.

I have met a lot of unpleasant children who are adored by their parents.

We find Elliot repugnant. His personality was putrid.

But that does not mean his parents saw him that way.

Think of the obnoxious children you know that are loved by their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post

That's what it looks like to me as well.
    They were paying for his lifestyle and buying him expensive gifts such as a car.
    Just my opinion

Where do you see that suggestion? TIA
    If he was supposed to live at home, whose home was he supposed to live at?
    Just my opinion

If he was supposed to live at home, whose home was he supposed to live at?
    I don't recall having suggested he should have lived at home.

I do resent that this "very disturbed", un-medicated young man was bomb dropped in the midst of IV. JMO

He should have been under supervision somewhere and I think there are those that knew it too. JMO
    MOO

IIRC, ER mom did not want him to return to IV after being cleared by orthopedist in April. She wanted him to remain in Woodland Hills.

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post

I can't get down on these parents, not fully anyway. I'm sure mistakes were made and hindsight is always 20/20. He seems to have been a master manipulator, and I would hope that if he really presented as badly as we now know he was, his therapists would have warned the parents that unleashing him onto an unsuspecting public was a bad, very bad idea.

Also, as enlightening as we find his manifesto we have no idea how accurate it is. Any of it, some of it, none of it? Did he really repeatedly ask to go home? He was definitely delusional about himself, and the situations that enraged him.

Unless we get some direct info from the family, which I find unlikely, we won't get a more complete picture.

Females tend to turn their self loathing unto themselves. Cutting, eating disorders, etc.

Males tend to take it out on others.

It appears he was really quiet. His parents probably knew of his hatred of self and they tried to bolster it with material goods and "friends" and therapy.

I am sure they were afraid he would kill himself. I don't think they guessed he would turn into a killer of others

I doubt that he would have agreed to being a mama's boy at his age--living at home

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast