1292 users online (241 members and 1051 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeFever View Post
    LE could drive at as many different speeds they wanted, who was going to pull them over?
    And, I am sure they did, until they got one that just fit!!

Btw, how come they checked airports ?

Driving several times, checking out the airports, all good police work, IMO. And finding Gracie 3 days in? They wasted no time canvassing his route. They didn't dilly dally. Good ole police work. MOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    You're "sure he did not obey the speed limits" but that's not an assertion that he sped? Then how exactly are you sure? Were you in the car with him to witness the drive? Otherwise, it's your opinion and it's based on nothing but wanting the trip to take a full 3 hours.

BTW, did that angel of rule-following, JY , obey all speed limits?

The more we do the math, the more the timeline is exactly as posted above and just as the state proposed. More than 1 person made the drive between Raleigh and Hillsville and it was done more than 1 time. But just to make extra sure, why don't you do this same drive at the same time of night JY did. Report back your time.
    Maybe in the next trial the jury can take a field trip and do their own calculations....and, since you brought it up:

Det Brent David on cross by Becky Holt: 37:38

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m...video/9723820/

Ms. Holt asks Det. David about the 3 hour trip time he testified to, and asked if there were other members of the sheriff's office who also made the trip, going the speed limit and not going the speed limit......

So, that is exactly what happened..and exactly why links are needed to direct and confirm!

When trips were taken, they tried alternate speeds to get them to the hotel and back to Raleigh and being LE they didn't have to worry about speeding at all....glad we could clear this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    You're "sure he did not obey the speed limits" but that's not an assertion that he sped? Then how exactly are you sure? Were you in the car with him to witness the drive? Otherwise, it's your opinion and it's based on nothing but wanting the trip to take a full 3 hours.

BTW, did that angel of rule-following, JY , obey all speed limits?

The more we do the math, the more the timeline is exactly as posted above and just as the state proposed. More than 1 person made the drive between Raleigh and Hillsville and it was done more than 1 time. But just to make extra sure, why don't you do this same drive at the same time of night JY did. Report back your time.

Would you please reread my post? I was not referring to any specific statement by Detective Spivey. I was making a statement based upon my own lifetime observations. I backed it up with the actual mathematics. The Spivey had to be speeding in order to make the trip in two and a half hours.
    Yes, Jason could also have sped. I cannot read his mind (or anyone else's) but if I were planning on doing a 340 mile round trip and committing a crime, I would do mu best not to do anything that would get me pulled over by a cop, before, but especially after the crime. Speeding in traffic with others is not a problem. Flying down the road in the wee hours of the morning with little to no traffic is an invitation to a ticket. (From the bitter experience department.)

Glenn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3