769 users online (94 members and 675 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

AL - Charles 'Bubba' Jackson, 33, Mobile, 23 May 2014

http://blog.al.com/live/2014/05/mobi...lp_before.html

Police are asking for the public's help locating a man whose last known communication with family and friends was a text message which said "help."

Charles "Bubba" Jackson, 33, was last heard from on May 23. He is 5-foot-8 and 165 pounds, with brown hair and eyes. He has tattos on his both arms, one which reads "Laugh Now," and the other, "Cry Later." He also has the number 13 tattooed on his right wrist and flames on his left arm...

On May 23, Jackson was walking from around the intersection of Moffett and Schillinger roads to meet his girlfriend in Citronelle. He never made it, said MPD spokesman Officer Terence Perkins. He has not used his phone or been seen since he sent the message asking for help on May 23.

I'm local-ish, across the bay from Mobile but I can't find any news on this at all.

What kind of terrain is it he was walking in? Could he have fallen into ... water, a shaft, a sinkhole ... ?? And how far was he planning on walking? How far is it from the intersection of Moffett and Schillinger roads to Citronelle?

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    What kind of terrain is it he was walking in? Could he have fallen into ... water, a shaft, a sinkhole ... ?? And how far was he planning on walking? How far is it from the intersection of Moffett and Schillinger roads to Citronelle?
    Oh, wow, I just looked on Google Maps and it's about 30 miles from that intersection to Citronelle. What would compel a person to try to walk that far?

That seems like a long walk to me. Its a decent area at Moffett and Schillinger, its in the Semmes city limits, but there are bad areas to the North, South and West.
    "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."

Depends on what route he took. Most likely pavement.
    "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."

Quote Originally Posted by Angelonline View Post
    That seems like a long walk to me. Its a decent area at Moffett and Schillinger, its in the Semmes city limits, but there are bad areas to the North, South and West.
    Citronelle is due north of that intersection.

30 miles is far indeed! He'd have walked all day. Maybe he intended to catch a bus or train?

30 miles is far indeed! He'd have walked all day. Maybe he intended to catch a bus or train?
    No buses or trains in the area. Maybe he was planning to hitch hike.

He probably planned on getting a ride once he got started. He had a phone, he probably was mad and just wanted to get out of the house and not wait around on a ride so he figured he would just head that way and when a ride was available he just would be that much closer. I keep thinking hit and run. Has anyone been able to discern what time he sent that text because it wouldn't be too difficult to figure out about where he was when he sent it if we knew what time it was sent.

actually I just found the information. His last text was saying "help" was at 5:38 pm. That is about 4 hours in from when he was last seen. That would put him about 12 miles along the route he took if he was traveling at the average walking speed of 3. Mph
    Last edited by SeeingForThe1stTime; 05-30-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingForThe1stTime View Post
    actually I just found the information. His last text was saying "help" was at 5:38 pm.
    I was thinking maybe it was dark when he sent the help text but no, it would have been light for 2 more hours! Whatever happened he didn't have time to text more than 4 letters. Surely he wasn't doing this as a hoax. Still trying to find info on him but there isn't much. Any info on time he left the house?
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    I was thinking maybe it was dark when he sent the help text but no, it would have been light for 2 more hours! Whatever happened he didn't have time to text more than 4 letters. Surely he wasn't doing this as a hoax. Still trying to find info on him but there isn't much. Any info on time he left the house?
    I just found some new information. He said he was going to take 158 to hwy 45 and he was last seen walking on 158 toward Schillingers Road at 1:40 pm, the text was sent at 5:38pm so that is just at 4 hours instead of 6 hours. So he should've been about 12 miles into the route at the time of text. I'll post a map showing that area.

EDIT See new maps further down the thread. I no longer think think this map is correct.

So based on the route he said he was taking and the time he sent the text he should've been right around here, 12 miles in. If he was traveling at the average walking speed of 3.mps

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Moff...762407!1m0!3e2
    Last edited by SeeingForThe1stTime; 05-31-2014 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Updated map link

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast