GA GA - Cheryl Parks, 33, Atlanta, 10 Jan 1992

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
d1abc263-f93a-43c0-816f-590ab834fa2f_zpsf83712b1.jpg

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2014/05/31/family-still-searching-for-missing-woman-after-22-years/9802255/

Cheryl Parks, a mother of two young children and a prep cook in the Morehouse College cafeteria, was 33 years old when she went missing...

Parks was last seen the evening of January 10, 1992. She called her younger sister as she left work for the day. Angela Broughton still gets emotional when she thinks about their final conversation.

"She got off work and called and told me she wasn't coming home, that she was going to spend the night with her boyfriend," Broughton told 11Alive's Blayne Alexander. "And I said, ok. Be careful."

The next morning, Broughton said her sister's boyfriend told them that she had left his house to attend a party.

After that, the trail just stopped.

"The detective said they suspected foul play, but they didn't have a body," Broughton said, her voice trailing off.

New update 2019
Cheryl Bernita Parks
  • cheryl_bernita_parks_1.jpg
Parks, circa 1992

• Missing Since01/10/1992
  • Missing FromAtlanta, Georgia
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth06/01/1958 (60)
  • Age33 years old
  • Height and Weight5'9, 135 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA white dress and a red and black checkered sweater. Carrying a blue shoulder bag.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Parks has a chipped front tooth. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Parks was last seen on January 10, 1992. She told her sister she was spending the night with her boyfriend at his apartment on Fern Avenue in Atlanta, Georgia. Her boyfriend stated she left his apartment at 11:00 p.m. to go to a party and never returned. It's unclear whether Parks did in fact attend a party that night. She has never been heard from again.

Parks worked in the cafeteria of Morehouse College in 1992, and has two children. Foul play is suspected in her case, which remains unsolved.

Her boyfriend stated she left his apartment at 11:00 p.m. to go to a party and never returned. It's unclear whether Parks did in fact attend a party that night.

This IMO is a bit weird and suspicious. Like, wouldn't she and her boyfriend have gone to the party as a couple? Or if there was some reason she was going alone, wouldn't she at least have told him and/or other friends precisely where it was being held? I find it strange that her attendance couldn't have been verified, and fairly easily at that.

So her boyfriend at the time is named in a contemporary article I found--I will refer to him a CG. I am not accusing him of anything, but a search of court records shows charges from 1972, where he pled guilty to aggravated assault, as well as 1977, where he was charged with kidnapping, armed robbery, and felony murder. A codefendant pled guilty, but I can't decipher what precisely happened to this guy's charges, although I did find information about an appeal. Then, in 1994, he was charged with aggravated assault, sodomy, and rape in DeKalb County, for which he was convicted in 1995 and sentenced to 20 years in prison and thereafter was a registered sex offender. His residence in 1992, assuming the addresses haven't changed significantly, is only about 1.5 miles from Cheryl's. In any case, he seems to have passed away in 2020.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back