772 users online (99 members and 673 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Possible CAB / LIMOUSINES connection to the LISK / SG case

The man, CS, who apparently was the person who erazed the May 1, 2010 surveillance tapes from Oak Beach (the night Shannan Gilbert disappeared), was listed to a phonenumber connected to "L<modsnip> LUXURY LIMOUSINES INC"

"L<modsnip> LUXURY LIMOUSINES INC" was also connected to two persons (The two persons family related) with the initials PL and RL.

The same phonenumber was connected to:

<modsnip> Limousine
    XX Greenmeadow Dr
    Babylon, NY 11702

And also the same phonenumber was connected to...

<modsnip> Laundromat Consultants In C
    XX Oak Beach Rd
    Oak Beach, NY 11702-1170

XX Oak Beach Rd
    Oak Beach, NY 11702-1170

And this same above address:

XX Oak Beach Rd
    Oak Beach, NY 11702-1170

was connected to:

LONG ISLAND <modsnip> INC by ME

Wheter any of this has any siginficance to the LISK case or Shannan Gilbert case, I don't know...

Please know that concerning the person with initials: CS

If anyone reseach CS know that there are TWO different CS both born in 1948.
    the CS with an address at Oak beach is born in July and have middle name starting witha “B”

The other one,a shopping center and office developer, is born April 1948 with middle name starting with “R”.

CBS’s address in Oak Beach seem to be on a road called : The Narrows
    Last edited by bessie; 06-10-2014 at 04:09 PM. Reason: snipped names
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me

very good work forei....so CS has a possible connection to cabs/limos and maybe cherri bombs

Quote Originally Posted by LindsayLohan6 View Post
    very good work forei....so CS has a possible connection to cabs/limos and maybe cherri bombs

cabs/limos, yes it seems that way, Cherri Bombs ? I have no idea whether CS has any connection to Cherri Bombs.
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me

Arrow 631-587-0000 Phone number info outdated by years

Quote Originally Posted by Theforeigner View Post

The same phonenumber was connected to:

<modsnip> Limousine
    XX Greenmeadow Dr
    Babylon, NY 11702

And also the same phonenumber was connected to...

XX Oak Beach Rd
    Oak Beach, NY 11702-1170

XX Oak Beach Rd
    Oak Beach, NY 11702-1170

And this same above address:

XX Oak Beach Rd
    Oak Beach, NY 11702-1170

was connected to:

LONG ISLAND <modsnip>, INC by ME
    *I couldn't figure how to copy & paste the Directory Listing Results for the # 631-587-0000 but might be best to check at this link directly as I don't know if it may be against TOS. But you will see the names & addresses of those who have had this number over the past decade.

I called the number asking if it was connected to any of these businesses or the L<modsnip> name. The guy was annoyed & asked if a GOOGLE search was behind it all. He said he's been suddenly getting calls asking questions that don't pertain to him & doesn't know of any of the businesses or names mentioned & that he has a boat business.

http://okcaller.com/detail.php?number=6315870000

The listings to the left includes (when shown) the full contact name, as well as street address, registered to 631-587-0000.*

To search for another contact, just type a phone number into the search box on the left menu bar.*

If multiple listings are shown for the same number, it may be several individuals who reside at the same address. It may also be variations in spelling of the same individual, or a previous person no longer associated with this number.
    Last edited by bessie; 06-10-2014 at 04:11 PM. Reason: names
    <b><span style=font-family: Comic Sans MS>I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a witch with a B, okay. 
― Madonna</span></b>

Quote Originally Posted by hawkshaw View Post
    Guess who else has a CONNECTION to a Limo Service?
    Must be our favorite police chief Burke?!

Quote Originally Posted by twocuriouscats View Post
    Must be our favorite police chief Burke?!
    That was my guess....that or Dormer

As for the Limo/car service - I reviewed Kolker's book in MB's case he says when Amanda would visit she would see the "livery cars" come for Melissa and he says they are black cars...can someone tell us more about the car/taxi services available in NY?

Arrow Livery service - NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission (TLC)

Quote Originally Posted by twocuriouscats View Post
    As for the Limo/car service - I reviewed Kolker's book in MB's case he says when Amanda would visit she would see the "livery cars" come for Melissa and he says they are black cars...can someone tell us more about the car/taxi services available in NY?
    Normally Lincoln Town Cars are used for the livery businesses in the Metro NY area which includes LI. Many bridal shops, catering halls, language schools, businesses and the such contract with livery service companies making them available for their clients. They normally begin at $150 for a one-way ride to a destination within about 25 miles. The price goes up as the distance lengthens. Any number of variations can be priced, such as round trip with waiting time at the location driven to. When customers are driven into NYC, drivers cannot park curbside to wait for their customer to return to the car. Usually, the driver finds a garage or parking lot where they may pay a fee so they can wait rather than drive around wasting gas. JFK now has a waiting area for livery cars as well as taxi's.

I have had both a livery business of my own and need of another livery business' service to transport my home-stay students upon their arrival to the US from the airport to my home & their departure from my home back to the airport after their language studies have finished.

The cars must be insured with special livery insurance and registered as such which requires a special plate. All livery cars must have a business location as their "base" NOT their home address including if a sole owner.

In many cases, drivers work for a company that supplies them with use of their car. Then there are individuals who buy and insure their own vehicles and offer their services to established businesses such as clubs, event halls, caterers & so on. In some cases, drivers may be retired guys & gals who give their names & numbers to businesses to let them know they available for hire. Livery service is readily available via the internet or calling around town to find the names through these companies. Many people on LI use private livery service to go out, especially if they intend to drink or to the airport rather than using a taxi. It offers them more comfort & "looks" better for their image when getting picked up at their home.
    <b><span style=font-family: Comic Sans MS>I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a witch with a B, okay. 
― Madonna</span></b>

You can hail these cabs in every boro in NYC. Cab companies use them also. She may have called a cab in her neighborhood. The drivers would be familar with the regular customers.

Arrow Taxis & Livery service

It has been illegal to hail a livery car in any of the 5 boroughs of NYC until a NY court ruled in favor of NYC's attempt to ease access to transportation opening up the possibility of allowing customers to hail a car service other than the NYC medallion taxis. The biggest gripe of NYC customers is that plenty of livery cars pass them but are not allowed to pick them up & the public outcry has led to finding solutions proposed by the former Mayor Bloomberg.

Until 2013, ONLY yellow medallion owned cabs were permitted to pick up fares on the street, while car services are legally limited to prearranged dispatched calls.

If any livery driver picks up a hail they risk a fine & more. Hardly worth the risk as it's much too costly ultimately resulting in losing the license to drive a livery car altogether:

What are the fines for soliciting street hails in the exclusionary zones (downtown Manhattan and the airports)?
    $500 for the first violation; $750 for the second violation in 24 months; and revocation for third violation in 120 months.

The rules are tough. I had applied for my TLC license back when I started a livery service & it took 4 tries at getting my fingerprints approved because of my "dishpan hands", they were difficult to process. Finally, one of the board commissioners approved mine personally as she chuckled about the dish pan hands dilemma.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ugh-hails.html

Street Hails are still NOT ALLOWED BY ANY SERVICE OUTSIDE OF THE YELLOW MEDALLION TAXI & NOW ONLY allowed to be picked up by the new STREET HAIL LIVERY SERVICE as per: Guide to understanding the Street Hail Livery (SHL) Service - Rules and Requirements for the year 2014

"The TLC has created a new permit that allows drivers and owners of livery vehicles to provide street hail service in the neighborhoods outside of the business district of Manhattan. Drivers and vehicle owners that are interested in purchasing a Street Hail Livery Permit (SHL) will have the option of purchasing one of two types of Street Hail Livery Permits."

For current livery car owners/drivers, they can CONVERT to the SHL.

1. Can I use my current TLC livery taxi for this Street Hail Livery (SHL) plan? Yes, however you must have your vehicle converted for the new program.

2. What is the cost to have my vehicle converted? The approximate cost for converting your vehicle to a Street Hail Livery is $2000 - $3000.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/downloads/pdf/shl_guide.pdf

The new STREET HAIL LIVERY car service must be converted to look like one of the following to be easily identifiable to the public & to keep in compliance with the new licensing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
― Madonna</span></b>

Our very own Taxi Driver here on websleuths.....so do any cabs or livery cars frequent the hotels in the massapequa area like the best western and budget that were on sunset?

I can step out and be in a cab in five minutes. Thats the way its always been. MB phone records would reflect if she called a cab or not.

Cool Taxis don't frequent motels/hotels on LI

Quote Originally Posted by LindsayLohan6 View Post
    Our very own Taxi Driver here on websleuths.....so do any cabs or livery cars frequent the hotels in the massapequa area like the best western and budget that were on sunset?
    On "sunset"? What are you referring to?

Cabs don't frequent the hotels as they are not allowed to hang there and besides there wouldn't be enough business to sit at a hotel waiting for people to book out. There's more business driving people locally back and forth to the market, stores, appointments, to work. Taxis remain at or return to their base from which they are dispatched and are required to by their companies. I happened to work in the Massapequa area for a time while supplementing my main income and only once drove a family from Best Western to the airport. Mostly people with cars, either their own or rentals, reserve at these motels/hotels.

On Long Island, taxis are not allowed to pick up hails from the street unless there is a special hack license required by a village as is the case in Babylon. There you can pick up people who hail a cab if they are by a bar, restaurant or any number of stores on the main road. People cannot be picked up randomly anywhere or drivers risk losing their jobs and license. There are plenty of village "constables" who watch for violators. Taxi drivers don't make much and it's not worth losing one's taxi license and ability to work. Besides, it's not safe to pick up unknowns as there are no partitions in the cab to protect the driver. The majority of people are regulars and known to the drivers. Taxis are limited to picking up where their bases are and the zones they cover. There are taxi companies that cover different towns. So if a driver is based in Babylon, they can't drive around the Island to other towns looking for customers.

Many taxi companies are based near or at the train station as they are primarily needed by commuters who take cabs to the train and back home rather than pay for parking at the rails. Other than commuters, most customers are those who don't drive for a variety of reasons or don't have cars or just want to take a cab because they may be dining out or going to a club and may engage in drinking. Drinking and driving is not only illegal but frowned upon and has increased demand for taxis.

Also, many taxi companies have installed GPS systems in their taxis which shows exactly where each cab is at any given time, how fast they're driving, when a door in their cab opens, stopping at traffic lights, etc. At the end of the night a report is printed out and turned in with the money collected for the lease of the vehicle and the dispatchers fee. It's all computerized and visible on a monitor as they are driving, no chance of drivers free lancing or going off route.

As for the strip clubs in the area, the club owners generally call for a cab for the worker to get to the train but there are not that many workers who commute by train.

Many lower priced motels/hotels are home to low income people, welfare recipients and local ladies of the night. The ones you mention are higher priced but are not used by "workers" as the staff are alert and don't allow hourly use.

I covered most of how taxis operate on LI. If you have any questions, ask away! If I have an answer, I'll gladly share it, if not, will find out.

Taxi driver by night, Nutritional Microscopist & Lymphatic Drainage Therapist by day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
― Madonna</span></b>

Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    I can step out and be in a cab in five minutes. Thats the way its always been. MB phone records would reflect if she called a cab or not.
    Not really. I mean she could of just caught a cab.

Thanks to all the locals who provided info on the livery/cab system in NY! I'm just trying to figure out if Melissa called for her ride(s) or if they were provided for her. In my mind, a black car meant a limo - a fancy way to get to work unless your client sent the car...and...it means technically - that MB DID have a driver of sorts.
    Hearing this now, I'm thinking she must have gotten a ride to LI - taken care of at least one customer - then checked her voicemail for new clients - maybe twice. At that point she must have met him outside the hotel. I mean, if she had a $1000.00 client lined up (as pimp says) I would guess that she would spend a few hours with that client - why would she be checking her voicemail to get a new client? Answer: she wouldn't. She must have been with him when she checked her voicemail - or HE checked it. In Massapequa.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast